What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most overrated horse ever?

Moffo

Referee
Weekend Hussler comes to mind. Hasn't beat a thing

horses like universal prince and shogun lodge were massively overrated as well. professional cats and expensive to follow. dunce hero is another one, and the king cat, lord volksraad!!

Weekend Hussler is anything but overrated... up to a mile. Anything further than that and he's just another good horse. Up to a mile, he's a freak!

shane1970

Juniors
Weekend Hussler comes to mind. Hasn't beat a thing
Harsh, very harsh:crazy::crazy:
You remind me of a mate of mine who has a set against every good horse who we end up claiming as 'peoples champions' - Lohnro, Octagonal, Makybe Diva, etc, etc.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Tie the Knot, people called him a champion. He was just a very good horse expertly placed.

Foz

Bench
Tie the Knot, people called him a champion. He was just a very good horse expertly placed.

Just wondering how Tie The Knot was Expertly placed.
Thought he ran in just about everything.
Cant remember him being scratched too often either.

Pretty sure he ended up with more than 10 group 1's.
Thats more than some pretty handy horses.(theres only a handful that have won more).
May not have been a champion but gee I could find a place for him in my stable.

Found it.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tie_the_Knot
13 group 1's. 2nd best ever.

Last edited:

shane1970

Juniors
Man I'm laughing my ass off at the 2 horses posted on here as overated so far - Weekend Hussler & Tie The KNot were both exceptional horses - who's next Phar Lap

Lonhro wasn't overrated. He just couldn't win at Moonee Valley when he was set for 2-3 Cox Plates.

His win in the Australian Cup when he got slaughtered with about 200m to go was freakish.

Sydney horses coming to Melbourne are overrated...do many of them come here and win?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Just wondering how Tie The Knot was Expertly placed.
Thought he ran in just about everything.
Cant remember him being scratched too often either.

Pretty sure he ended up with more than 10 group 1's.
Thats more than some pretty handy horses.(theres only a handful that have won more).
May not have been a champion but gee I could find a place for him in my stable.

Found it.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tie_the_Knot
13 group 1's. 2nd best ever.[/quote]Gee that was my point, a very good horse but he managed 13 group 1's. From memory second only to the King, who would have carried a cart around and still flogged him. Some of those Group 1's he won in Sydney were glorified welters. How did he go in Melbourne??? I think he managed to win the Underwood in how many tries. As i said very good horse but no champion.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Lonhro wasn't overrated. He just couldn't win at Moonee Valley when he was set for 2-3 Cox Plates.

His win in the Australian Cup when he got slaughtered with about 200m to go was freakish.

Sydney horses coming to Melbourne are overrated...do many of them come here and win?[/quote]That was my point with Tie the Knot, Occy and Might and Power did but they were Champions. The King didn't handle the Melbourne way of going but he still won 3 Cox Plates,2 Caulfield Stakes and was slaughtered in a Melbourne Cup :crazy: How good was he????

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Man I'm laughing my ass off at the 2 horses posted on here as overated so far - Weekend Hussler & Tie The KNot were both exceptional horses - who's next Phar Lap
Fancy mentioning Tie the Knot and Weekend Hussler in the same Breath as Phar Lap..........

shane1970

Juniors
Fancy mentioning Tie the Knot and Weekend Hussler in the same Breath as Phar Lap..........
Your point is ??????????? I was questioning the legitimacy of the two horses mentioned as 'overated' and was waiting for the next 'champ' to be listed and was being 'sarcastic' as to the champion Phar Lap - I know it's a far cry from comparison just like joey to Hiney I suppose - One's a champion and the others a nuffy

Last edited:
I'd love to see the Hussler have a couple of runs in Melbourne next Autumn before heading to Dubai and then England to beat the world.

Ross McDonald had to find out whether it could stay and if it could it would be a super horse. It seems the furthest it will run now is the 1777m of the Dubai Duty Free race which Elvstrom won.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Your point is ??????????? I was questioning the legitimacy of the two horses mentioned as 'overated' and was waiting for the next 'champ' to be listed and was being 'sarcastic' as to the champion Phar Lap - I know it's a far cry from comparison just like joey to Hiney I suppose - One's a champion and the others a nuffy
Isn't this the betting forum????? What the f**k has to footy players got to do with anything????? I never said the Hussler is overated, i think he is a champion up to 1600m, and if he was freshened up for the Cox plate instead of running him in the Caulfield Cup he would have gone close.

I said Tie the Knot was overated in my opnion, honestly some of his group 1 wins in Sydney we're glorified welters, Beating Champions like Showella,Forgotton hero,brave prince, and Praise indeed........... 13 group 1's only 1 in Melbourne. And luckily for him Might and Power was injured, a horse who owned him.