What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most overrated horse ever?

Foz

Bench
Isn't this the betting forum????? What the f**k has to footy players got to do with anything????? I never said the Hussler is overated, i think he is a champion up to 1600m, and if he was freshened up for the Cox plate instead of running him in the Caulfield Cup he would have gone close.

I said Tie the Knot was overated in my opnion, honestly some of his group 1 wins in Sydney we're glorified welters, Beating Champions like Showella,Forgotton hero,brave prince, and Praise indeed........... 13 group 1's only 1 in Melbourne. And luckily for him Might and Power was injured, a horse who owned him.

Just wondering what the head to head record of Might and Power and Tie The Knot was?
Think they met first up once on a wet track in Sydney.Cant remember too clearly but I think Might and Power may of won the race or came second.There werent may starters 5 or 6?
Cant remember them ever meeting in a Group 1 but my memory isnt that good.
Thought Tie The Knot beat Doreimus in a Sydney Cup one year too.
I know Might and Power beat him by an inch in a Melbourne Cup.
Anyone know or remember?
No doubt Tie The Knot was a better horse in Sydney than Melbourne.
Never more emphasised than his last Melbourne campaign.
He couldnt or wouldnt get on the right leg.
12 group ones in Sydney.More than any other horse.
Thats impressive.

I rank my over-rating of horses by how many times I go back to the well to back them again.
I obviously over-rate November Dreaming who I know is soft but cant help myself in backing it.
May not be over-rated though because nobody else rates it.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
With the ride she was given yesterday... I'd say juries out. Watch her win the Mckinnon next week
Princess Coup,Master O'Reily never had a hope yesterday, Maldivian had a picnic up front, and his last 600m he ran 34 secs. The way the race was run Whobegotyou would have been no hope either......

Moffo

Referee
Man I'm laughing my ass off at the 2 horses posted on here as overated so far - Weekend Hussler & Tie The KNot were both exceptional horses - who's next Phar Lap

whats he beat? its a very average time for horses

Noa

First Grade
I'd love to see the Hussler have a couple of runs in Melbourne next Autumn before heading to Dubai and then England to beat the world.

Ross McDonald had to find out whether it could stay and if it could it would be a super horse. It seems the furthest it will run now is the 1777m of the Dubai Duty Free race which Elvstrom won.

No he didnt. It was obvious to any-one who knows anything about thoroughbreds that it was going to end like this.

Noa

First Grade
Sunline was slightly over-rated. Loved the Valley but never won over 1600m any where else

Moffo

Referee
He couldn't beat Tears i cry.....

thats what i mean. look its a one trick pony, i follow the horses pretty closely and whilst its won 7 group ones most of them had fairly average fields.

people might call me a dick, fine, but lets try to argue the merit of the argument at some point as well

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Sunline was slightly over-rated. Loved the Valley but never won over 1600m any where else
She was on of the best milers we have seen in this country. I assume you mean further than 1600m and whilst you are wrong why would it matter that her optimum distance was a mile?

dogz08

First Grade
Haradasun, he's brother Elvstroem was good do.. beat Makybe diva home a fair few times, specially in the Caulfield cup won me a bit of money to :)

Noa

First Grade
She was on of the best milers we have seen in this country. I assume you mean further than 1600m and whilst you are wrong why would it matter that her optimum distance was a mile?

Well when we talk about great horses in this country we always like them to be able to be great over more ground.

Great sprinter/Miler yes.

In the MD,MP,KT class, not as far Im concerned.

Foz

Bench
That's a bit harsh.

She won a Wangaratta maiden over 1600m, a Sale class 1 over 1700m and the Memsie Stakes 1400m.
Sorry.Shouldve said Group Race.
Makes a case for a 3200m maiden.

Then again:
Didnt Bong Bong use to run a 3200m maiden?
Is Bong Bong still on?

Last edited:

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Well when we talk about great horses in this country we always like them to be able to be great over more ground.

Great sprinter/Miler yes.

In the MD,MP,KT class, not as far Im concerned.
Sunline has lengths on MD. Have a look at their WFA record's. Over 2000m and less Sunline would have given MD windburn.

Name me a decent WFA horse MD beat? If you don't count Grand Armee in an unsuitable BMW the answer is nothing.

Noa

First Grade
Sunline has lengths on MD. Have a look at their WFA record's. Over 2000m and less Sunline would have given MD windburn.

Name me a decent WFA horse MD beat? If you don't count Grand Armee in an unsuitable BMW the answer is nothing.

Sunline up to a mile yes but dont forget MD owns the record for 2000m. As for WFA record Sunline was a early bloomer who was always going to race in those races from an early age while MD was a late developer, having been born in NH time, who was taken along very slowly and allowed to blossom in handicaps.Your argument that Sunline would have lengths on her is banal as you could make the same argument for all distances over 2000m for MD.Im not the biggest fan of MD but you have to rate her above Sunline on the back of her winning her 3rd cup carrying 58kg

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sunline up to a mile yes but dont forget MD owns the record for 2000m. As for WFA record Sunline was a early bloomer who was always going to race in those races from an early age while MD was a late developer, having been born in NH time, who was taken along very slowly and allowed to blossom in handicaps.Your argument that Sunline would have lengths on her is banal as you could make the same argument for all distances over 2000m for MD.Im not the biggest fan of MD but you have to rate her above Sunline on the back of her winning her 3rd cup carrying 58kg
Carrying 58kg :lol: with what she had won she should have carried at least 60kg in that last cup. And then they went and watered the track for her........ Sunline also won overseas, 2 HK miles races while MD got flogged in Japan. Sunline won 2 Cox plates and was unlucky in a 3rd. Not much between them but loved Sunlines racing style.

Most overrated horse Oureone

I remember even betting on this horse when it was having it's 100th start. Biggest losing streak ever.

The world record, however, is held by Oureone , who ran 124 times in Australia between 1976 and 1983 without winning. 124 starts and could still run in a maiden.

Latest posts