What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most respected player from each club

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
BF got bored again, so he decided to make another thread displaying how f**king little he knows.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Have we forgotten about Gallen's handling of the balls? Hardly a cleanskin, but defs their most respected. What about someone like Pomeroy :sarcasm:

Or ripping out LaFranchi's stitches. I hated Gallen a few years ago, he's turned his life around and seems like a decent guy off the field nowadays. He is without a doubt the Sharks most respected player.

gypsy

Bench
Most respected at Dragons is undoubtedly Dean Young. Yes Nightingale is respected, but has a long way to go. Young has beaten adversity so many times in his career. He fought his way back from a Staph infection which saw him lose almost 20kg, then won a Grand Final and played for State and Country. He achieved all this long after anyone else would have given up.

Radical Rat

Juniors
Most respected at Dragons is undoubtedly Dean Young. Yes Nightingale is respected, but has a long way to go. Young has beaten adversity so many times in his career. He fought his way back from a Staph infection which saw him lose almost 20kg, then won a Grand Final and played for State and Country. He achieved all this long after anyone else would have given up.

He's still shit at footy.

Loudstrat

Coach
In the spirit of what I think you are getting at, "respected" includes being liked buy other clubs fans, a cleanskin off the field - or at least staying clear of controversy, has shown good sportsmanship and plays the game in the right spirit - and has done so all career. So first of all lets lust include the rep players or the over 150 game milestone.

With that in mind
Broncos - No one. Petero blew it the way he carried on in his last month at Penrith. The one most likely - Yow Yeh. The last - Kevin Walters?
Canberra - Campo. Recently Tongue.
Canterbury - No one. El Masri was the last.
Cronulla - Not Gallen due to incidents earlier in his career. Jeremy Smith?
Easts - SKD?
Gold Coast - Bailey for sure.
Manly - as if! DCE most likely. George Rose for the cult status. The fact that I like Matai as much as the rest says something.
Melbourne - :lol: Maybe former test 5/8 Matt Peterson, and mainly because he had the sense to leave before he was corrupted by the Storm.
NZ - Captain Mannering
Newcastle - Akila Uate
NQ - Bowen
Parra - Hindy
Penrith - Lewis. Got lots of time for Gordon as well.
Saints - Hornby, to a lesser extent Cooper
Souffs - I'll get back to you.
Wests - Ellis

That's not to say their aint players in those clubs that I dont like watching - but universal respect? I love watching Justin Hodges - but he spent his first 8 seasons sledging everyone.

eozsmiles

Bench
Some players pick themselves here and some clubs are hard to work out. Agree with most of them but would probably give Jason King the nod ahead of Kite. Captained Manly and is a local junior.

derp

Juniors
062484-john-sutton.jpg