What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most respected player from each club

nqcowboy87

Bench
cowboys - matty bowen
broncos - sam thaiday
titans - luke bailey, close second matt srama
knights - buderus
sea eagles - galuvao
roosters - mase masoe or anasta
souths - geddes or everingham
tigers - chris lawrence
bulldogs - stagg
eels - hindy and burt
panthers - luke lewis or kingston
cronulla - colin best
dragons - young or hornby
raiders - shillington
storm - probably norrie
warriors - probably mannering

acouple of those where guesses

Charlie124

First Grade
Cowboys: Matt Bowen - been at the club for a decade, never in the headlines for the wrong reasons and always consistent.

I love Matty Bowen, and i can agree with your "most respected" call, (although Matt Scott would also have a look in there). But consistency is not his strong point. Hes 100% a confidence player, and with those kinds of players they very rarely show consistency throughout their careers (you just cant have that confidence all of the time). When he's on song he can be absolutely unstoppable, but other times the other Matty turns up and he's offloading to his wingers and barely involving himself in the game.
Don't get me wrong, i wouldnt want him to play any other way, but when you're talking about consistent players, blokes like Bowen, Barba, Sandow, Mateo etc... cant be counted among them.

Ulysseus

Bench
Timmy will still be able to walk when he's 40.

You remember that bit at the end of 300 when Leonidas tells the hunchback f**k that he hopes he "lives forever" meaning he hopes he lives to mentally suffer through what he had done by disgracing himself?

Well Dean Young is Leonidas and Moltzen is that f**king hunchback.

May you play forever Timmy, may you play forever.

the dude

Juniors
For Souths I would agree with Merritt but a case could be made for Crocker and perhaps GI

LESStar58

Referee
There's not much I like about Saints but I have all the time in the world for Mick Weyman. Gallen at Cronulla obviously and Mick Crocker at Souff$

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Mini by some distance for us.

Some i would change-

Ellis for Tigers
Hornby for Dragons
Smith for the Storm
Uate for Knights
Civoneceva for the Broncos. Thaiday is too divisive to me to be considered most respected