What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Motivated Dureau puts pressure on Rogers

Spot On

Coach
Excellent. I'm glad we share the same thoughts. I was sensing a little bit of Dureau sensitivity there Serc but I'm happily reassured that you won't be able to stomach watching him again for Newcastle. However, I am not convinced Stone won't put him in for a run. I hope to be proven wrong, wrong, wrong on that one. By the way Port Macquarie are undefeated this year - he wouldn't get a start there either.

Alex28

Coach
Serc - Roopy was all concerned about Scotty's feelings and demoralising him.

If Scotty needs any motivation to perform after being told he's not required next year then he probably should give it away. He's now playing for his future.

The comment from Stone was a rocket for Dodge and not much else.

Serc

First Grade
Good well at least we are all mostly on the same page...I also see it as something to get Rogers going, though I'm not sure that getting him to try harder with the rocket in the press and have a "bit more influence over the game and take some pressure off Mullo" is what is best for him.

I think all we have learnt that there is no special solution for Rogers in his time here. We do know that we

a) roll the dice each week to see if he is going to come up with some gold plated clangers, or gold plated brilliance or

b) rely on the law of averages that if he has a number of terrible games in a row, then he is surely very close to that great game or couple of awesome plays

Captain Positive is quietly confident that we shall see that good game appear this week or the next :) don't let me down trusty law of averages!

perverse

Referee
i think we are due for some Rogers diamonds, myself. may be a few rocks within minutes of it though. thus is his enigma... but it does make him dangerous.

personally, i love his unpredictability.

Big Tim

First Grade
Damn you Stone!!!! You 2-bit wish of a coach.

How dare you ensure that all your bases are covered when dealing with this team. FFS! Time to hire Potter, or Stuart or someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would you ever publicly rev-up your team? Why would you tell a player that he is a chance of playing, and make him prepare physically and mentally to come into a team and do a job.

How dare you do something that this club has been asking for, since, well, Joey's first injury.

Sack him now.

To be honest, Rogers hasn't been that bad for you guys. Sure he is in-consistent but he has a big boot on him and can make breaks. He definately has an X-Factor about him when the odd time that he does show brilliance.

Id have to see Rogers is a mile better then Dureau atm, and I am not sure what other options you have. Maybe ask the Dragons if you can have Beau Henry early

perverse

Referee
i'm actually a little surprised we didn't ask to get Beau early. we had the cap space and Bennett isn't likely to play him in firsts now that he's leaving. i suppose it's possible that, with the NYC ladder being so congested, the Dragons still have their eyes on making the NYC finals and didn't want to release him.

Spot On

Coach
Damn you Stone!!!! You 2-bit wish of a coach.

How dare you ensure that all your bases are covered when dealing with this team. FFS! Time to hire Potter, or Stuart or someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would you ever publicly rev-up your team? Why would you tell a player that he is a chance of playing, and make him prepare physically and mentally to come into a team and do a job.

How dare you do something that this club has been asking for, since, well, Joey's first injury.

Sack him now.

There's no need to cover the Dureau base mate - he can't "do a job" for anyone. Stone has made himself look a fool even playing that card.

Yosh

Coach
Least we have a light at the end of the tunnel now guys, we call it 'Henry'.

I honestly think on his day Rogers is an outstanding player. But these are very far in between (incorrect phrase)...

Dureau or Rogers isn't an issue for me. I think they are both weak links and it wouldn't be so obvious if the rest of our team looked the goods. Best of luck to the both of them.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Sad state to be in but if we lose 2 of Gids, Mullo or Dodge then we are firmly back in Dureau territory such is our lack of depth in the halves.

It's not really that far fetched but I pray hard we don't see it come to pass

Karmawave

Bench
The biggest joke here isn't Scott Dureau potentially playing first grade again. ( Though that was a pretty big joke )

The biggest joke is how our joke of local tabloid ( and Knights sponsor ) sees fit to dedicate its front page feature story in our weekly NRL liftout to a guy, bereft of any first grade skill to begin with, that's currently running around playing park football. :lol:

Surely this story would have been better suited to the backpage of the liftout in the RealNRL section. ;-)

Unless the tabloids writers ( bereft of any journalistic talent on a par with Dureau's first grade skills ) have already written a feature article on the rest of the squad this year and they've run out of ideas for anything else? Maybe it was Dureau's turn again for a story!

Very, very amusing.

Big Tim

First Grade
Not going there Tim. If we lose Mullo, Rodgers, Gids and Hilder I want to see the under 20's halves start before Scott.

So you concede to my point.

No chanc in hell is a green rookie a better option for a finals tilt than Dureau if we have injuries.

Spot On

Coach
No mate - the opposite. No chance in hell of winning a game with Dureau in the team. Couldn't care how green anyone is or how badly they play, Dureau has cost this team 6 to 8 competition points this season, that stamps him never to play again. He can't tackle and all 15 NRL coaches know it. He's a target. May as well play with 12.

Last edited:

Big Tim

First Grade
bumplolthread

Just to remind people how easy it is to fly off and say some ridiculous things.

The team sheet tonight shows where we are as a team.

Good memories though.

Apey

Staff member
Anyone watch the post-game show?

The commentators were talking about how Gidley should go back to fullback when he can, then they went through the options... Rogers, nah he won't be back this season... Scott Dureau... Gidley should stay at halfback.

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
bumplolthread

Just to remind people how easy it is to fly off and say some ridiculous things.

The team sheet tonight shows where we are as a team.

Good memories though.

I don't understand why would they lie in the media like that?

I just dont know what to believe anymore. Not Amusing at all.