What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movember with Jessbas.

Rich102

Staff member
Hi all. Jesbass here. It’s been a while since I’ve posted on a rugby league forum but I’m hoping you can help me out.

I’m taking part in Movember, a month-long fundraiser to raise awareness and money in the fight against prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental illness, and physical inactivity. If you’re anything like me, you’ve been impacted one way or another by one or more of these causes. I’ve personally lost good friends (and had some very close calls) due to these illnesses.

Just taking mental illness as an example, statistic show that 1 in 8 men (and 1 in 6 women) suffer depression during their lifetime. Put into a rugby league context, that’s 2-3 players of the 17 players who turn up to play. That’s almost the entire interchange bench!

(And for a view of how mental illness can affect someone, here’s a Forum 7s article I wrote on this forum way back in 2008: http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=4161518&postcount=11)

I can’t grow a moustache to save my life but another way of getting involved is for participants to get active – to MOVE during MOVEmber.

So while trying to get my upper lip acquainted with the way of the whisker, I’ve been getting active and videoing my efforts. These videos are viewable at my Movember page (linked below).

What I’m looking for is people willing to make a small sacrifice – $10, $20, or whatever you can afford – to help fight these awful blights on our health. There’s still two weeks to donate, so even setting aside a few dollars a week and donating that is really valuable!

You can make a difference here: https://mobro.co/hairlessavenger

--David Taylor (Jesbass)

Rich102

Staff member
I posted the above on behalf of David, a regular on this forum.
Those of you who have been here a while will remember David as the guy behind the Sonny Fai wristbands which raised a significant amount of money for Sonny's family.
This is a very worthwhile cause and I urge you to support it.
Follow the link above to donate, you can use VISA, and mention League Unlimited in your message of support.

Latest posts