What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies that were panned by audiences/critics that you loved

Bunnies_Pride

Juniors
I think Unbreakable was underrated at the time of its release simply because it had come straight off the back of The Sixth Sense, and it wasn't what people expected.
Now it seems to be more regarded as a very good movie by most people. It seems that people have come around to it more over the last decade or so, and hold it up pretty highly when talking about Shyamalan's work.

War of the Worlds, though not one of Spielberg's best, is still a very good movie.
That scene where Dakota Fanning walks down to the river, sees one body float by...and then hundreds of other bodies follow it was just done so well. Love that scene.
I think people rate it a bit low because it seems to take a detour when he meets with Tim Robbins. That whole sequence is done very well in my mind, but I can see how some would think it stalls the movie.

The thing that held back War of the Worlds is Tom Cruise.

I would say it's also one of the things that held back edge of tomorrow, but that was a fairly average movie. It's fast becoming one of the most overrated movies of recent years

Parra

Referee
It was enjoyable enough. It was basically watching someone progress in a modern fps game. Unlimited lives, he just keeps respawning until he has made it through. Definitely made for a gamer audience.

axl rose

Bench
Anything with Sly Stallone. Cliffhanger, Lock Up, Demolition Man, and one of the greatest hand wrestling movies ever made Over the Top. Or maybe only one ever made :question:

Last edited:
The Room.

No wait, I hated that along with everyone else. Unintentional comedy, watched it to simply see if it was as bad as everyone said it was. It was.

"Leeeeeesa, you are tearing me aparrrrrrt!"

vvvrulz

Coach
The thing that held back War of the Worlds is Tom Cruise.

I would say it's also one of the things that held back edge of tomorrow, but that was a fairly average movie. It's fast becoming one of the most overrated movies of recent years

Tom Cruise was a part of the problem, but it wasn't just him.

The reveal of the aliens killed it for me, cutesy ET leftovers is *nothing* like the genuinely scary descriptions in the source material. Tim Robbins was distracting, and then the whole 'family togetherness' theme didn't sit with me either.

It's a good watch overall but it will never be great imo.

axl rose

Bench
Tim Robbins was distracting, and then the whole 'family togetherness' theme didn't sit with me either.

it's a good watch overall but it will never be great imo.

Has that Spielberg unnecessary cheese, especially with the son. I enjoyed it anyway.

Fangs

Coach
The Bourne Legacy. The Jeremy Renner one.

Really enjoyed it. Hollywood is just a little too in love with Matt Damon.

Latest posts