What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving games to the Dome

philstorm

Juniors
Saw in the Herald Sun recently our legend of a chief, Wally Waldron, suggest that we may move a couple of games in 2008 to the Dome.

I think that if it's marketed well, it'd be a great idea to move matches against the Broncos and the Warriors to the Dome - where we'd be a fair chance of getting 20k.

Who else thinks this is the case?

Ice777

Bench
As many of us do, i still shudder when i think of the year we had at the Dome under Murray which i have no doubt that move put the Storm backwards instead of forwards like the powers that be at the time anticipated. BUT, i do think one or two games there next season would be ok and not hurt us at all.

As Phil mentioned the logical games would be against the Bronco's and the Warriors and i don't think expecting crowds of around 20k would be expecting too much. As much as a sh*tlole the graveyard is i love watching the games there and i'd be more than happy to play them all at OP. But now that we've got the job done this year and expecting more of an interest and bigger crowds because of our success i think it'd be a good time to test the waters and play a couple of marquee games at the Dome.

I wouldn't complain either way.

Stormboyz

Juniors
I'd be happy with a couple of games at the Dome. Bulldogs are another side that would draw a good crowd.

Matty P

Juniors
Moving a few of our home games to the Dome would be a sensible idea. Just look at how many people we attracted to see the Eels game. Sure it was a final match but on the back of our Premiership win bigger crowds are sure to come.

Latest posts