What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moyza V Jimmy debate. Put to bed.

Ads

First Grade
Sorensen scored 1 try. He's 25 and scrapedaround reserve grade for his whole career. Theres a reason for that. Laughable that he could instantly replace Graham.

Sorensen scored 1 try. He's 25 and scrapedaround reserve grade for his whole career. Theres a reason for that. Laughable that he could instantly replace Graham.
However, he has had a very good off season & now hes getting his chance, making a fist of it. I have no idea how maguire thought Kyle Turner was better than him.

25 is when a lot of forwards start to get that edge and confidence about their game. Unlike backs forwards can take much longer to fully develop. We are lucky because I reckon the timing of bringing him back home is just about spot on.

Ads

First Grade
However, he has had a very good off season & now hes getting his chance, making a fist of it. I have no idea how maguire thought Kyle Turner was better than him.
He is a very fit human. Puts a lot of the players to shame. But to say he should take Grahams spot after one game! No.

wibble

Bench
yeah and whats the rest?
4 missed tackles, 3 errors, 1 penalty conceeded and 27 metres gained.
poor defensive effort at the end directly leading to a try and late come back effort.
take scotty sorensens amazing effort out of it where moylan earns a try assist and a line break assist being the distributor.
no doubt good ball but lets not kid ourselves it was all on sorensen.
but kudos for actually stating the FACTS!
there were two good halves on sunday.
the ones we had.
those are the facts.

You are clearly on a rant against Moylan. That's OK. As Frenzy says, we can all develop irrational dislike of a player (like Frenzy with Holmes...).

I'm not sure he made 3 errors, but even so, 4 missed tackles, 3 errors, 1 penalty and 27 m are entirely normal for a 5/8 (or halfback, or hooker). Not especially bad. You'd find Cameron Smith has "error" stats like this many weeks (and rarely runs that much).

Moylan did a fine job at what he is paid to do, and what we needed, which is to create attacking opportunities. If you don't think our entire squad looked smoother in attack, and Townsend and Moylan running off each other, with Moylan's passing skills at the end of backline movements didn't contribute to that, nothing will convince you. Suffice to say most fans here, most the media, and the coach all seemed happy enough with Moylan's performance.

Sorenson was sensational for that try. Definitely did most the work himself. But Moylan put him through the hole, and that was mostly on him (also Sorenson's line, and the quick play the ball before, and Townsend and Fifita's involvement previously, and Penrith losing shape) and would have been a line break created by a 5/8 even if it didn't turn into a try.

Moylan's passing was very dangerous.

But going back to the OP, this was one good effort.

You'd be right to be disappointed with Moylan's season so far, though part of that is due to injury, and he isn't Robinson Crusoe.

Maloney clearly has the better record over his career, but is also more advanced in his career.

I just want to see more of Moylan's work from this week (even with a missed tackle or error or two if he makes breaks and sets them up) for the bulk of the season.

Last edited:

RUBIKS

Juniors
rJHNcwv.png

7bSDo2s.png

You are clearly on a rant against Moylan. That's OK. As Frenzy says, we can all develop irrational dislike of a player (like Frenzy with Holmes...).

I'm not sure he made 3 errors, but even so, 4 missed tackles, 3 errors, 1 penalty and 27 m are entirely normal for a 5/8 (or halfback, or hooker). Not especially bad. You'd find Cameron Smith has "error" stats like this many weeks (and rarely runs that much).

Moylan did a fine job at what he is paid to do, and what we needed, which is to create attacking opportunities. If you don't think our entire squad looked smoother in attack, and Townsend and Moylan running off each other, with Moylan's passing skills at the end of backline movements didn't contribute to that, nothing will convince you. Suffice to say most fans here, most the media, and the coach all seemed happy enough with Moylan's performance.

Sorenson was sensational for that try. Definitely did most the work himself. But Moylan put him through the hole, and that was mostly on him (also Sorenson's line, and the quick play the ball before, and Townsend and Fifita's involvement previously, and Penrith losing shape) and would have been a line break created by a 5/8 even if it didn't turn into a try.

Moylan's passing was very dangerous.

But going back to the OP, this was one good effort.

You'd be right to be disappointed with Moylan's season so far, though part of that is due to injury, and he isn't Robinson Crusoe.

Maloney clearly has the better record over his career, but is also more advanced in his career.

I just want to see more of Moylan's work from this week (even with a missed tackle or error or two if he makes breaks and sets them up) for the bulk of the season.
no rant to be had and certainly not irrational.
cut it which ever way you want.
the facts suggest that two other halves had a much bigger influence on the game and that such a performance from one was not dissimilar to others.
name of the game is consistency.
we will see.
of those nudging 1mil.
bottom of the pile.

the facts suggest that two other halves had a much bigger influence on the game and that such a performance from one was not dissimilar to others.
we will see.
of those nudging 1mil.
bottom of the pile.
Moyza is on less than Holmes. Get your head around that.

coolumsharkie

Referee
we will see.
of those nudging 1mil.
bottom of the pile.

snout

First Grade
Da facts.

Maloney.
Champion.
Every club he goes to he improves. Panthers would be last without him.
We wouldnt have won a GF without him.
But he has a use by date.

He lost the plot last year.
Heard what drags were paying Hunt yet he was the most succcessful half in the comp having just won the GF.
He didnt handle it well.

Thanks Jim - but looking forward, you're the past.

Moylan and duges...we needed a turnover of talent after 2016 and they're it.

Gal. Wade. Feki. Lewie. 2016 as well.

Theres a couple there who if they never played for us again we might be better for it.

Flannos challenge. Continue whats been forced upon thru injury - reinvent the side to reclimb the mountain.

Youth.

snout

First Grade
Flanno got that wrong.
We were losing and ramien came in.
We win and he gets dropped.
He brings ramien back and we win.

This is what worries me about flanno.
The hard decisions that the worlds best managers make - Selections are made for the good of the team...not because some guy has played in the team for a decade....flanno wont make them.

Thays why ramien left.
And Peachey.
And scott ld imagine.

We are losing young first grade stars and keeping aging ex-ones.

txta2

Bench
If you count a try assist, two line break assists, a line break and 200 metres or so from kicks as not contributing much. And he defended well. I'll take that "not good" performance every week.

Don't get the constant Townsend hate either. Sure, he is not as good as Cronk or Thurston.

But he is one of the best short kickers in the game. Not just adequate, one of the best. And his long kicking is pretty good, and looks better this year. And he is a handy back up goal kicker. And he is not a liability in defence, unlike many halves.

Not sure what people are wanting from him.
He is not as good as S Johnson, B Hunt, Cleary, L Brooks ... currently top 4.
Why is he not better than these players? Because they can all play and read what is in front of them and not rely on set structures all game.
He is also not as good as M Pearce, DCE Ash Taylor or T Hodkinson.
He only has a good short kicking game, every now and then. He can kick long, right down the throat of a waiting fullback or winger. His goal kicking is slowly going downhill.He also doesn't like to take advantage of half chances when they present themselves.
The Sharks only saving grace in the halves is hopefully when Moylan comes good. Because they wont be winning any more grand finals with Chad in charge.

Card Shark

Immortal
CAn this stupid conversation by dimwits now finally far can end?
Jimmy thought he was playing for the Sharks still yesterday with his 3 try assists for us through rubiish defensive decisions & lapses & self protection.
Jimmy. Over paid & outplayed.
Goodnight debate.

Are you a closet Dragons supporter...that’s an April premiers comment.

To date, Maloney has been heaps better (& Moylan has been poor, bar 1 game). In the end, I predict we will get the better of the deal but atm, the jury is well & truly out!

Stake Removed

First Grade
Sorensen runs great lines he scored try in the trials similiar to what he did on sunday, yes he hasnt played much FG.

He got his debut in 2017 when we were playing like busted.

Went to Raiders behind all the monsters, got couple of games.

I look at it this way, gets one last chance to come back to the Sharks where his uncles were famous, and now is putting all the hard work in and its paying off.

In another time at the sharks because of his last name he would have been gifted around 20 games in first grade, maybe now he is ready, lets just see how he goes game after game

Griffoshark66

First Grade
Flanno got that wrong.
We were losing and ramien came in.
We win and he gets dropped.
He brings ramien back and we win.

This is what worries me about flanno.
The hard decisions that the worlds best managers make - Selections are made for the good of the team...not because some guy has played in the team for a decade....flanno wont make them.

Thays why ramien left.
And Peachey.
And scott ld imagine.

We are losing young first grade stars and keeping aging ex-ones.
Agree with all that, but Ramien is leaving to be closer to his young daughter. I think I heard him say that he'd be back at the sharks one day and loves the place. We can only hope.