What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moyza V Jimmy debate. Put to bed.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Barbs was injured & overweight & down on confidence. Moyza is not overweight. I've never seen him happier. Wasnt the same 2 even 2 months ago. Injuries put these guys on the edge of suicide, as we have seen.
Benny is my favourite Shark of all time. How many origins did he play?

That is as gross and irresponsible a generalisation that has ever been written here.

Why. 7 of the last NRL Suicides coincided with them undergoing injury rehab? Tnady excluded.
Are you saying it(injury) doesn't effect players minds? Make them depressed? possibly suicidal?

Frenzy.

Immortal
Why. 7 of the last NRL Suicides coincided with them undergoing injury rehab? Tnady excluded.
Are you saying it(injury) doesn't effect players minds? Make them depressed? possibly suicidal?

Who are the 7? Over how long a period and how many players have been injured in the same period?

I’ll bet NONE of your 7 were directly injury related. NONE!!!

Ryan Tandy committed suicide due to an injury did he? Really?? 4 years after his last game?

Spare me the melodrama Coif

Last year he was arrested for driving an unregistered car and possession of drugs and in January he faced court charged with kidnapping a man and holding him for several days over an alleged unpaid drug debt. It is believed Tandy was acting on orders from a bikie gang, for which he was working as a debt collector and standover man.

Mate, catch up. Tandy EXCLUDED. Also, if what Im saying wasnt an issue, then there would not be reports like this. Whilst everybody knows there is more to the story, it doesnt mean that a severe SETBACK, in Legue, such as Injury, doesnt tip the bucket.

The first of the five young rugby players to die by suicide during the focus period was Wests Tigers prodigy Mosese Fotuaika, 20, in 2013. Since then, Alex Elisala, 20, Regan Grieve, 18, Francis Winterstein, 19, and Hayden Butler, 20, have also tragically lost their lives to depression.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/sports...d/news-story/9cf25c04d30d4eb164debb552f3ceace

Frenzy.

Immortal
You didn’t read that did you?

Only one of those linked to injury and that kid had more going on.

Poor form to try and use youth suicide to back your belief that Moylan can play and your inference he was suicidal.

Put the cork back in your arsehole and stop talking through it.

they all had injury. I even saw one kid injured the day at Seagulls. Next day gone. What isnt in the report, is how many came close, or , how many had a crack. Welfare officers genuinely worry, especially with the Islander kids. I have no idea why you would be going against everything the NRL is doing in regards to the affectos injury on depression etc etc.

Frenzy.

Immortal
they all had injury. I even saw one kid injured the day at Seagulls. Next day gone. What isnt in the report, is how many came close, or , how many had a crack. Welfare officers genuinely worry, especially with the Islander kids. I have no idea why you would be going against everything the NRL is doing in regards to the affectos injury on depression etc etc.

You’ve read it have you? Good trick seeing as though it definitely hasn’t been finished and probably hadn’t been started at the time the article you cited was written.

[QUOTE="Megan Palin wrote on September 29th 2017”]
The cluster of deaths has prompted the NRL to commit to funding a three-year research program into the connection between youth suicide and rugby league. The James Cook University study will be the first of its kind worldwide and will interview dozens of parents, siblings, coaches and players who have lost loved ones to suicide, and analyse the impact of concussion on mental health in teenagers and study NRL clubs and how they address depression.

The research will be focused on North Queensland because of the high rate of rugby league players who have taken their own lives[/QUOTE]

You’re just being alarmist, reactionary and sensationalising a serious issue to mitigate Mythlan’s poor play because his ingrown toenail had him on the brink self induced personal finality.

Perhaps you should go to James Cook U and do the Masters in Straw Clutching.