What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MR: Adam MacDougall

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 25 July 2006​
•​
Adam MacDougall released from the remainder of his contract
The South Sydney Rabbitohs have released Adam MacDougall from the remainder of his
contract today under clause 9.1 of the NRL playing contract.
MacDougall has played 31 games for the Rabbitohs over the past three seasons, scoring five
tries for a total of 20 points.
“The Club has decided to release Adam MacDougall from the remainder of his contract
effective immediately, as we feel it is in the best interests of the Club and Adam,” Rabbitohs’
CEO Shane Richardson said.
“We are changing the culture of the Club and we have deemed that Adam doesn’t fit into the
culture we are trying to develop for the rest of the season and continuing into next year.
“This decision is supported by the Board, the management, the coaches and the senior
players.
“We thank Adam for his contribution over the past three seasons and wish him the best of luck
at the Knights next year.”

FYI if anyone was interested

fish eel

Immortal
Changing the culture of the club for the rest of the year?

So you ditch the most competitve player you have.

JT will be their first grade coach this time next year.

forward pass

Coach
Daneel said:
What is clause 9.1?

In the Souths contract it is

9.1 Players with ability shall be released as early as possible to ensure they do not interfere with the established culture of the club

Agent Mulder

Bench
fish eel said:
Changing the culture of the club for the rest of the year?

So you ditch the most competitve player you have.

JT will be their first grade coach this time next year.

I agree, But i feel he will be Souths 1st Grade Coach by Round 10, McRae is rubbish.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
if you don't care why did you feel the need to post a message that says : "who cares" [-(

Hurriflatch

Referee
I wouldn't be surprised to see JT start the season as coach.

If Souths don't win another game and Parra make the top 8 (even if they drop out in the 1st week) JT will be coach before Souths play a trial match

Considering his past indescretions, I don't think he belongs in the game.

However, considering that Souths did sign him to a contract, they are absolutely stupid to let him go. He is always in their top 3 players on the field and they are just shooting themselves in the foot with this one.

number8

Juniors
Steriods McDougall is going back the Knights next year isn't he? Is there a registration cut off date for this years signings? If not, maybe he'll head across early...

V1er

Juniors
I think the date for joining another team this year was June 30, so mad dog will have to wait till next year.

number8

Juniors
Meanwhile he just gets older & older! I know he's got good footy ahead of him but fair dinkum....... His body is cactus! He's had his best & now seems intent on limping out of the game a broken mess!

...... With a healthy bank balance.

Is it worth it though?