What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MR:- NSWRL Blues Camp

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Wednesday, 24 January 2007

MEDIA ALERT

The NSW Wizard Blues will begin their preparation for the 2007 State of Origin series this Saturday when coach Graham Murray joins a group of potential Blues players for a two-day camp at Bondi Beach.

Former Blues stars Anthony Minichiello, Jason Ryles and Jamie Lyon are among the selections of the preliminary squad, which also includes Kangaroos players Anthony Tupou and Reni Maitua, who are yet to make their NSW debuts.

The following players make up the Wizard Blues preliminary squad. If a player is not included in the current squad, it will not preclude him from selection. The team will be selected on form, from the best players available.

Braith Anasta Sydney Roosters
Danny Buderus Newcastle Knights
Matt Cooper St George Illawarra Dragons
Ben Creagh St George Illawarra
Robbie Farah Wests Tigers
Brett Finch Parramatta Eels
Paul Gallen Cronulla Sharks
Mark Gasnier St George Illawarra Dragons
Eric Grothe Parramatta Eels
Nathan Hindmarsh Parramatta Eels
Brett Hodgson Wests Tigers
Ryan Hoffman Melbourne Storm
Ben Hornby St George Illawarra
Jamie Lyon Manly Sea Eagles
Reni Maitua Bulldogs
Willie Mason Bulldogs
Anthony Minichiello Sydney Roosters
Luke O’Donnell Nth Qld Cowboys
Mark O’Meley Bulldogs
Matt Orford Manly Sea Eagles
Andrew Ryan Bulldogs
Jason Ryles St George Illawarra Dragons
Anthony Tupou Sydney Roosters
Craig Wing Sydney Roosters
Dean Young St George Illawarra

Players unavailable: Luke Bailey (Gold Coast), Craig Gower (Penrith), Matt King (Melbourne), Luke Lewis (Penrith), Steve Simpson (Newcastle), Timana Tahu (Parramatta), Trent Waterhouse (Penrith).

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
MEDIA ALERT

Manly’s Brent Kite was inadvertently omitted from the NSW Wizard Blues preliminary squad to attend a two-day camp at Bondi Beach from Saturday. Kite will be in attendance.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

parra pete

Referee
It inconvenienced me....and I don't accept the apology...:lol:...It's January..a lot of water will flow before the SOO series..and if they need to get these blokes into camp NOW..it seems they are going a bit over the top.
What a waste of money......

Parra Guru

Coach
I thought Dean Young was going to struggle to make it back for the start of the season, it surprises me that he'd be doing this camp.

Bondi will make for some nice viewing this weekend!

What about Jarryd?

The Colonel

Immortal
parra pete said:
It inconvenienced me....and I don't accept the apology...:lol:...It's January..a lot of water will flow before the SOO series..and if they need to get these blokes into camp NOW..it seems they are going a bit over the top.
What a waste of money......

Queensland ran a very similar camp the last two seasons I believe. NSW did the same last year.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
I think there gonna see how jarrad take too his second year.....if he plays like last year he wi;ll play SOO but if the second year syndrome hits...then he will be over looked

the_eel

Juniors
Seriously even though i understand that it's only a preliminary squad i find it extremely surprising that they wouldn't even name Hayne in there....if nothing more than to just boost his confidence like you regularly see with up and coming players.

parra pete

Referee
Prodigal Eel said:
I think there gonna see how jarrad take too his second year.....if he plays like last year he wi;ll play SOO but if the second year syndrome hits...then he will be over looked

Is Tim Smith still in the Queensland squad ?????

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
Is Tim Smith still in the Queensland squad ?????

Dont think he is....he was at the start of last year, but with form and injury couldnt maintain it. Same would happen with every player not just T.Smith.

parra pete

Referee
Prodigal Eel said:
Dont think he is....he was at the start of last year, but with form and injury couldnt maintain it. Same would happen with every player not just T.Smith.

Really.....:shock: Sorry, just being a smart arse...

yy_cheng

Coach
Well you have

Centres - Gaz, Coops, Tahu, Judas, King

Leaving Wingers: Luke Lewis and Grothe

Most like wingers will be Tahu and King or Grothe

So there's probably no need for Jarryd just yet.

Parra Guru

Coach
tbh I don't mean to sound like a spoil sport, but I think it's selfish of the SOO staff to run these events before the season starts. That should be solely the club's time with the players. Lets hope no one picks up a silly injury.

Latest posts