What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mullaney, kelly, hayne

yy_cheng

Coach
Going to be very interesting next year. I really like the look of mullaney. I think he could edge out hayne fior 1 and ricky will put hayne at 6

1. Jake.
2. Sio
3. Tonga
4. Morgan
5. Loko, blair
6. Hyane
7 sandow
8. Mannah
9. Kelly
10. Fui
11. Paulo
12 reni
13. Mk will tske hindy's defensive role

14. N.smith
15. Lussick
16. Poore if he gets resigned better than allgood or tt
17. Harrison, benny

18. Horo, roberts, allgood, ryan

Parra Pride

Coach
1. Moimoi
2. Paulo
3. Ryan
4. Mannah
5. Roberts

6. Allgood
7. Tautai

8. Sandow
9. Blair
10. Barba
11. Morgs
12. Loko
13. Hayne

14. Lussick
15. Mullaney
16. Keating
17. Sio

#2013Team

natheel

Coach
Kelly should stay at five eight. He has a good playmakers brain. He would be wasted at hooker

yy_cheng

Coach
Kelly should stay at five eight. He has a good playmakers brain. He would be wasted at hooker

I think mullaney at 1 is better thsn kelly at 6

On nospam46, someone made a post about hayne or rather the lack of hayne and how the other plsyers now have roles and di not play second fiddle to hayne.

Interesting read.

Fathead

Bench
We have found our fullback.Jake mullaney.
I would like to see Hayne and Roberts as our centres with Kelly and sandow in the halves.
Both Hayne and Roberts are strong runners of the ball.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Hayne can do more then mullany could ever dream of at full back. While Kelly will control the game better then hayne could at 5/8.

Fathead

Bench
Hayne can do more then mullany could ever dream of at full back. While Kelly will control the game better then hayne could at 5/8.
I suppose the way to look at it is mullaney that much worse than Hayne at the back ? I think we don't lose too much there and it allows us to put our best player in somewhere else.
Mullaneys best attribute is his speed.
Hayne would be a dynamic centre a lot like justin hodges.
I think he gets a bit lost as a 5/8 so leave Kelly there.
Can you imagine Hayne and mullaney on the same side ? A bit of serious speed and elusiveness there.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I suppose the way to look at it is mullaney that much worse than Hayne at the back ? I think we don't lose too much there and it allows us to put our best player in somewhere else.
Mullaneys best attribute is his speed.
Hayne would be a dynamic centre a lot like justin hodges.
I think he gets a bit lost as a 5/8 so leave Kelly there.
Can you imagine Hayne and mullaney on the same side ? A bit of serious speed and elusiveness there.

Hayne won't be centre no matter what -he Just to good. So the question is are we stronger side with mullaney at full back or Kelly at 5/8?

Wally21

Bench
If Hayne stays at 1 next year, I would play Mullaney on Burt's wing. He has the speed, can kick goals and is better in D than Luke has ever been. Blair would be the player to miss out next year for mine.

caylo

Bench
If Hayne stays at 1 next year, I would play Mullaney on Burt's wing. He has the speed, can kick goals and is better in D than Luke has ever been.

I have to agree with that, I think Mullaney is slightly suspect under the high ball and his positioning isn't the best but he is tough, difficult to tackle and has good speed.

Next year I would be looking at:

Hayne
Mullaney
Morgan/Blair
Tonga
Sio
Kelly
Sandow

Loko would also push for a centre role or might come in off the bench as a utility player, depends on how his injury and fitness goes along.

IFR33K

Coach
I've been really impressed with mullaney to date.

Not sure if he has played 5/8, but I think this could work.

1.hayne
6.mullaney
7. Sandow
14. Roberts

Or mullaney and Roberts could be switched. This would have to depend on mullaney having played in the halves before.

I wouldn't put him on the wing, as I like the wingers to be as big as forwards.

Djay

Juniors
Mullaney is ok but I think he gets dominated in tackles way to easily and his fullback play in defense isn't the best. But at times his very good.

We just miss Hayne coming in the back and throwing those miraculous cut out balls or storming over the line himself, this is why Hayne has to stay at fullback. He offers us so much more from that position.

yy_cheng

Coach
Mullaney is ok but I think he gets dominated in tackles way to easily and his fullback play in defense isn't the best. But at times his very good.

We just miss Hayne coming in the back and throwing those miraculous cut out balls or storming over the line himself, this is why Hayne has to stay at fullback. He offers us so much more from that position.

We do not miss haynes cutouts. We have been scoring points at will.

Hindy, matua has been throwing cutouts

Hayne has a phenomenal kicjing gsme. He has a short attacking kicking game that i think is far superior than sandow, roberts, kelly. We saw it when he played 6.

I have always said that we miss the traditional supporting fullback when hayne is at 1. I can acceot hayne 1, mullaney 2. But mullaney will be a roving 2. Like hayne at soo. He looms up at the back as a supporting option.

The diiference in our attack now is really paulo. He is playing the centre half or the traditional first receiver which give sandow more time and space.

The issue with hayne back at 1 is that paulo, kelly, sandow and hayne will all want to ball play which is too many.

Alternatively, kelly and paulo can share the centre half role.

Anyway makes for interesting discussion and would like to see what sticky does.

Would also like to hear poos views if he doesnt act like a dick.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hayne plays his best at fullback, why would you move him ?
I have no idea :crazy: Kelly and Sandow worked pretty well i thought and throw in Hayne and we have plenty of talent in our spine. Especially with Paulo playing that 2nd 5/8 type role.