What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mullen's time is up.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
My understanding is Hodko is on 600K, Tariq 600K, Mullen 600K, Gagai 575K.

Based on form/history over the last couple of years it should be Hodko 450K, Tariq 370K, Mullen 470K and Gagai 325K.

Spot On

Coach
My understanding is Hodko is on 600K, Tariq 600K, Mullen 600K, Gagai 575K.

Based on form/history over the last couple of years it should be Hodko 450K, Tariq 370K, Mullen 470K and Gagai 325K.

That's getting close to the mark. I think it's still overs for Mullo though. At his best, week in, week out then it sounds fine. But that's not the reality of it is it.

1qaz

Juniors
Alright.

He was on the field for 8 minutes before getting concussed. He had three kicks, albeit two poor options though one he kicked, chase and tackled Kahu 5m out, starting a set that only saw Brisbane reach the 30m and also gave our backs plenty of room to move with while arguably leading our defence. Ironically, it was more than what Gagai did for the vast majority of the game. Not once did I see him trying to get involved in our attack; God knows we needed to keep our foot on the pedal and getting guys like Sione (who was f**king tremendous IMO) better ball. Coincidentally, our backs struggled to get opportunity for the rest of the game when he went off, our kicking options were even worse and defensively we missed him; Milford's first try wouldn't have happened if he was there.

But of course, you're absolutely delusional and have no idea what you're talking about. Absolutely one of the dumbest merkins to exist on this forum.

I'm not basing my opinion on just last night's game.
Mullen's career has been average to above average at best.
He's been playing first grade for over 10 bloody years.
It's time for him to move on.
Brown can't build a team while Mullen's still around.
It's funny in a thread about Mullen, you keep on bringing up Gagai.
You're obviously feeling the pressure as well
When Brown was asked if there was any positives last night in the press conference, he mentioned 3 players... King, Bhana, and guess who the other player was? Yep that's right Gagai.

Nuffy

Bench
To be honest I think his time is close to up, and I think I'm one of his most staunch advocates. He needed to be good this year. There's actually good things going on around him and a supposedly competent partner this year. Our forwards are busting their guts. He doesn't have too much to work with outside him anymore, but he's just making the same old dumb decisions, even when not under the pump. This wouldn't be so bad if Hodko weren't following suit. Jesus, they're just making each other shitter at this point. For 2 senior halves coming together, they shouldn't need too long to at least look passable in combination with each other, with the flashier stuff to take time of course.

The sad thing is, he is talented... and the good moments he has in games are great. There's just too many poor options pouring out of him at the moment.

He needs to lift his act immediately, I don't think Brown will tolerate it forever. If he can't fix his decision making, or start nailing the low percentage plays that he makes, then he should be seeking alternate employment.

This.

He might move on and do well elsewhere but it's a been a career of what could have been with us.

I suspect that Mullen knows he is on borrowed time and that's amplifying the pressure.

Joel-22

Juniors
When Brown was asked if there was any positives last night in the press conference, he mentioned 3 players... King, Bhana, and guess who the other player was? Yep that's right Gagai.

shit on 1qaz all you want, but there's nothing even contentious about this post.
10 years of FG and we're still waiting for his breakout year :lol:

Spot On

Coach
He won't do that Alex, just as his alter ego 1qaz won't answer the 2 questions he's been asked for more than 6 months now. To borrow a line from Matthew McConaughey's character from Wolf of Wall Street, 'That would make it real.'

They don't want to do that.

Apey

Staff member
End of Story

I wish this was the end of your story.

shit on 1qaz all you want, but there's nothing even contentious about this post.
10 years of FG and we're still waiting for his breakout year :lol:

tbh there wasn't a whole lot to disagree with in the first post, it was the tone, the timing (after a game where Mullen plays 8 minutes) and the bullshit 'i don't watch games' trolling that made it laughable. 1qaz is also nowhere to be seen when gagai and stinking up the place. It's not like he's the only one getting tired of Mullen's shit.

Elephant Hunter

Juniors

Let's be very clear here. The exact quote from Nathan Brown was 'Gags started well in Fullback'

In other words he did not finish well in fullback.

He was missing in the second half and the comments from Brown reflect this. Don't misrepresent a comment from a coach

1qaz

Juniors
Let's be very clear here. The exact quote from Nathan Brown was 'Gags started well in Fullback'

He was missing in the second half and the comments from Brown reflect this. Don't misrepresent a comment from a coach

Let's be very clear here.
This thread is about Jarrod Mullen.
Stop trying to take the heat off Mullen.

When asked in the press conference about any positives from the game.. why didn't Brown mention Mullen started well before he got injured?

Knight Vision

First Grade

Gagai is by far our marque player. If he was in any of the top 4 sides he would be killing it and a regular feature in news headlines and a certainty for SOO selection. Alas he is in a struggling Knights side. I cant believe the hate he gets on this forum. The guy is a superstar and by all reports loves the club.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
[/B] Gagai is by far our marque player. If he was in any of the top 4 sides he would be killing it and a regular feature in news headlines and a certainty for SOO selection. Alas he is in a struggling Knights side. I cant believe the hate he gets on this forum. The guy is a superstar and by all reports loves the club.

Other players aren't responsible for him missing simple one on one tackles. He may very well be considered an attacking asset in a good team, but he could be in the best team in the comp and he would still be a weak link in defense.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade

So he misquoted the coach huh? Who would have thought that a bloke who lies about not watching games would be dishonest. Who would have thunk it..... :crazy:

Spot On

Coach
Gags still has a shitload of things to work on. His strength in the fullback position should be ball returning. He should only get better in that area the longer he stays there. However, the rest of his game, especially positioning has a looooong way to go.

On a side note, does anyone else think the young prop King looked to hold his own the other night? Played a few minutes, 21 tackles with 0 misses.

Last edited:

1qaz

Juniors
So he misquoted the coach huh? Who would have thought that a bloke who lies about not watching games would be dishonest. Who would have thunk it..... :crazy:

Listen to the press conference.
No misquote.
When Brown was asked if there was any positives from the game he mentioned 3 players.
So he didn't mention Gagai?

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Listen to the press conference.
No misquote.
When Brown was asked if there was any positives from the game he mentioned 3 players.

It's called lying through omission. Did he mention that Gagai was a positive for the game, or did he say he was a positive for the early parts of the game?

1qaz

Juniors
It's called lying through omission. Did he mention that Gagai was a positive for the game, or did he say he was a positive for the early parts of the game?

Stop clutching at straws.

Noname36

First Grade
Stop clutching at straws.

Why would Brown not just say that Gagai played well then?