What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mundine

STG-Dragon

Juniors
he has a point tho, very bland style of footy you play.
so predictable

yes yes i know you's are on top of the table, but we all know what heppens in the finals.

i'd rather support sharkies than st george, at least with the sharkies you know they won't win anything. saints do the same thing every year to their supporters.

not even bennett can fix the mental finals hurdle that saints can't perform

Typical idiot troll!

STG-Dragon

Juniors
Can't say I've seen any backflips or sideflips from Sandow or Champion. I guess pointing your fingers after scoring an easy try like a wanky lair is considered razzle dazzle to some people.

I see them make a tonne of mistakes though and do a lot of very dumb things!

STG-Dragon

Juniors
Mundine's assessment is absolutely correct.

Here's the thing, when Saints were an inconsistent team that played extremely exciting football, I longed to have a boring team that won week after week like the best teams do. Now that we have that team, I do miss the excitement of the old black magic days.

Would I actually trade results for attractive football? Off-course not, but the grass is always greener on the other side, so it's a natural enough reflection.

Mate we are not boring we score heaps of points and a lot of very good and exciting long distance tries. It's just teams struggle to score points against us so the games arn't as close as others, which results in other fans getting bored, that's all it is.

jpaciocco91

Juniors
Is Choc a Muslim?
And did he really denounce the USA after the 9-11 attacks, claiming they got a taste of their own medicine?
He's had some good rap songs. He claimed one day "hip hop would get hardcore in Australia". Come to the ghetto suburbs of Sydney and that's partially right.
He has the attitude of an American WWE star. Loves to bignote himself before kickin' ass.

jpaciocco91

Juniors
Yes.

Is that a problem?

Please elaborate.

Not a problem at all, I understand his view on the USA "deserving" 9-11 from a political view. They have been persecuting the Arabic world for years. They support Israel and could not care less for Palestine. This was evident through a protest I noticed today in the city adovacting freedom for Palestinians, while denouncing Israel and Yankee town. Choc might have been there!

God-King Dean

Immortal
Not a problem at all, I understand his view on the USA "deserving" 9-11 from a political view. They have been persecuting the Arabic world for years. They support Israel and could not care less for Palestine. This was evident through a protest I noticed today in the city adovacting freedom for Palestinians, while denouncing Israel and Yankee town. Choc might have been there!

facepalm.jpg

Willow

Assistant Moderator
You don't make a great deal of sense.

The 9/11 comments from Mundine were exploited to the extreme. An overeaction orchestrated by the media.

The controversy began early one morning when Richard Wilkins was interviewing Mundine about his upcoming fight. Wilkins was not a sports interviewer, more of a company man who did what he was told. One year he was a pop star interviewer with a lame mohawk haircut, the next year he was a TV gossip columnist reporting on the royal family.

On the morning in question, Channel Nine were experiencing a number of technical difficulties. Wilkins was on one screen, Mundine was in a remote studio on a second screen.

Wilkins quickly swept through the questions about Mundine's upcoming fight, and out of the blue he asked about the planes crashing into the the World Trade Centre towers.

The real question is why did a pop-bitch interviewer ask an Australian boxer about an unprecedented event on the other side of the world?

Mundine didn't hear the question. Technical problems. I was watching it live and I cringed because I knew the network crew wouldn't let it go. They almost blew it... heads would roll if they didn't get a quote from Mundine.

After the ad break, and with technical issues sorted, Wilkins asked Mundine the same question again.

Mundine replied by referring to America's foreign policy and how they brought it upon themselves.

It was a dumb comment, mainly due to it's timing. But imo it was drawn out by a pathetic tabloid media that was keen to make profit from the 9/11 disaster.

Last edited:

TrueBlue&White

Juniors
His father Tony was a much better boxer than Anthony could ever be. Tony came oh so close to a World Middleweight Title against Carlos Monzon back when the belts actually mean't you were really a world champion.
As for Anthony and his endless self promotion, it doesn't bother me, he is just trying to marke a buck. As others have said he won't be remembered for much apart from his mouth when he finishes boxing. Unless (save us all :crazy:) he goes in to politics.

LOL at watching a Souths game just to see Russell Crowe.

j0nesy

Bench
You don't make a great deal of sense.

The 9/11 comments from Mundine were exploited to the extreme. An overeaction orchestrated by the media.

The controversy began early one morning when Richard Wilkins was interviewing Mundine about his upcoming fight. Wilkins was not a sports interviewer, more of a company man who did what he was told. One year he was a pop star interviewer with a lame mohawk haircut, the next year he was a TV gossip columnist reporting on the royal family.

On the morning in question, Channel Nine were experiencing a number of technical difficulties. Wilkins was on one screen, Mundine was in a remote studio on a second screen.

Wilkins quickly swept through the questions about Mundine's upcoming fight, and out of the blue he asked about the planes crashing into the the World Trade Centre towers.

The real question is why did a pop-bitch interviewer ask an Australian boxer about an unprecedented event on the other side of the world?

Mundine didn't hear the question. Technical problems. I was watching it live and I cringed because I knew the network crew wouldn't let it go. They almost blew it... heads would roll if they didn't get a quote from Mundine.

After the ad break, and with technical issues sorted, Wilkins asked Mundine the same question again.

Mundine replied by referring to America's foreign policy and how they brought it upon themselves.

It was a dumb comment, mainly due to it's timing. But imo it was drawn out by a pathetic tabloid media that was keen to make profit from the 9/11 disaster.

Absolutely spot on the mark Willow. I watched that interview live in astonishment and squirmed in my armchair throughout. Not so much due to the comment by Choc, I'd come to expect as much, but the low tabloid act committed by Channel 9 made me sick to the stomach. I've rarely glimsed the Today show since.

RedVee

First Grade
not the first time he has publically commented that he has dropped Saints for Souths. If that is how he feels, so be it, F off.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Mate, he effed off ages ago. People need to get over it. He's just a bloke.

Jonesy... good man. ;-)

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Mundine talks sh*t just to be heard. He was a f**king traitor and any St George supporter who still likes him needs to give themselves an uppercut.

There's nothing more boring than watching a Mundine fight thats why I refuse to watch them.

Go suck Russell Crowe's c**k you merkin. I haven't seen any backflips from the Souths players you dumb merkin. Your jibberish is a waste of oxygen you oxygen thief!

BTW who gives a f**k how we play as long as we win!! Anyone who says otherwise can go and get f**ked!!!

GB!

Juniors
His father Tony was a much better boxer than Anthony could ever be. Tony came oh so close to a World Middleweight Title against Carlos Monzon back when the belts actually mean't you were really a world champion.
As for Anthony and his endless self promotion, it doesn't bother me, he is just trying to marke a buck. As others have said he won't be remembered for much apart from his mouth when he finishes boxing. Unless (save us all :crazy:) he goes in to politics.

LOL at watching a Souths game just to see Russell Crowe.

bzzt.... incorrect.
glass jaw

kiwidragon

Juniors
Mundine talks sh*t just to be heard. He was a f**king traitor and any St George supporter who still likes him needs to give themselves an uppercut.

There's nothing more boring than watching a Mundine fight thats why I refuse to watch them.

Go suck Russell Crowe's c**k you merkin. I haven't seen any backflips from the Souths players you dumb merkin. Your jibberish is a waste of oxygen you oxygen thief!

BTW who gives a f**k how we play as long as we win!! Anyone who says otherwise can go and get f**ked!!!

Potty mouth much

RedVDave

First Grade
Winning never gets boring!
...Listening to Mundine does, one to many hits to the head I think.