What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music appreciation thread

noosa-eel

Juniors
ATM i am really into the new coldplay x&y and the killers.

As for the village people, the indian did it for me....lol

HevyDevy

Coach
JessEel said:
you just dissed the fooies and nirvana and you just listed a bunch of bands Ive never heard of!!!
hevydevy you have a cool user name but poor taste in music :D

Hehe, I don't expect you to have heard of the bands I listed but you can't say I've got poor taste in music when you haven't heard the music!!!

There is a whole world of quality stuff out there that you will NEVER hear on any radio station in this country. I'm sorry but Foo Fighters are commercial crap

MystikEel

Juniors
HevyDevy said:
There is a whole world of quality stuff out there that you will NEVER hear on any radio station in this country.

Maybe not never hear it on a station here, but some stuff - very very rarely, this is true.

HevyDevy

Coach
Phillips said:
American Head Charge, Adema, Alien Ant Farm, Bleeding Through, Bobaflex, Coal Chamber, Chimaira, Disturbed, Drowning Pool, Demon Hunter, Dry Kill Logic, DevilDriver, Downthesun, E-Town Concrete, Evanescence, Element Eighty, Five Pointe O, (hed pe), In Flames, Ill Nino, Korn, Killswitch Engage, Kittie, Lacuna Coil, Limp Bizkit, Lamb of God, Mudvayne, Machine Head, Mushroomhead, Motograter, Orgy, Otep, Papa Roach, Puddle of Mudd, Rammstein, Slaves on Dope, Slipknot, Soulfly, System of a Down, Static X, Stone Sour, Still Remains, Switched

Hmmm - I detect a distinct nu-metal/hardcore influence here ... oh well, at least you're heading in the right direction. We've all got to start somewhere right?

Saw Chimaira when they supported In Flames. Ok I guess on both counts but not spectacular. In Flames have gone downhill since the Whoracle days. KSE - The End of Heartache is a very solid album. Machine Head were great in their day. The rest I can live without although I do unfortunately own albums by most of them.

I'd recommend Children of Bodom, Opeth's 'Morningrise' and perhaps some Dark Tranquility. A bit heavier than what's on your list but all feature duel melodic guitaring that I assume you've heard on early In-Flames and KSE.

I will eventually achieve my evil plan of converting the world to metal!!!

the phantom menace

First Grade
This thread has been much neglected... almost 19 years 😂. Time to bump up the discussion, given our season is basically cooked.

So who has (or has been forced to by their kids) watched the Taylor Swift Eras concert, either live or on Disney+ ?

It actually wasn't as bad as I'd feared. I wasn't familiar with her songs other than Shake It Off, but some of them grow on you, and she puts on a good show - production, sets, visuals, choreography etc.

I prefer her more acoustic numbers - Evermore era, Folklore era, the Acoustic extras set.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Anyone watching the Eurovision grand final (delayed broadcast)?

Not every song is to my usual taste, but the visual production values of it all are pretty impre$$ive.

the phantom menace

First Grade
I probably enjoyed the Croatia song the most this year. Ireland's was interesting. Norway good too. Israel girl could sing. And the smattering of comedy songs like from Finland to break up the dross.

But yeah, the winning song this year sounded alright so can't argue... but won't name the country yet and risk a spoiler alert, as they're still tallying the votes on the replay broadcast.
**OK, so that one is Switzerland ^^^

Last edited:

Latest posts