What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music Trivia Thread

Karmichael Hunt

Juniors
Sorry, my net access is limited at the moment,

Name the band whose song 'Watch the Fat Man Swing' appeared in the movie 'If Lucy Fell' starring Sarah Jessica Parker, and name the grammy award nominated album which it came from.

Budz will check the answer for me if I'm too late.

SP

Bench
The band is Skeleton Key and the album is Fantastic Spikes Through Balloon

Karmichael Hunt

Juniors
Good stuff Savage Panther, it was a pretty crap question I must admit.

You're up.

Incidently, do you know what grammy it was nominated for?

And one more thing, did you use Google to get the answer or did you know it? Congratulations if you did know it because it is a bit obscure

SP

Bench
yeah i did use google, :lol:

U2's album, The Joshua Tree, has 3 songs at the end that The Edge calls "The Suite of Death"

The Songs are:

Exit - Which was written about the trial of John Bardo who was accused of murdering a young actress

Mothers of the disappeared - Bono travelled to El Salvador where he met the 'madres'. These were women whose children had been imprisoned or murdered by the military regime in the country.

and finally, One Tree Hill

and the question is: What was One Tree Hill about

budz

Juniors
One Tree Hill was written about Greg Carroll who had been a member of U2's tour crew for 2 years when he was killed in a motorcycle accident in Dublin in 1986. The band had first met him on a hill outside Auckland, New Zealand which was known as One Tree Hill. On its release, Bono actually dedicated The Joshua Tree to Greg's memory.

Google is destroying the trivia industry.

That Guy

Juniors
budz said:
One Tree Hill was written about Greg Carroll who had been a member of U2's tour crew for 2 years when he was killed in a motorcycle accident in Dublin in 1986. The band had first met him on a hill outside Auckland, New Zealand which was known as One Tree Hill. On its release, Bono actually dedicated The Joshua Tree to Greg's memory.

Google is destroying the trivia industry.

Rats, beat me too it. However I didn't need google to know that!!!