What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Corona!

Frenzy.

Immortal
What's the test for this BS ? I heard it's verbal and depending on your answer if you are experiencing flu like symptoms and recently come from overseas - you've got it:oops:

Incorrect. The test is a PCR test. Polymerase Chain Reaction, It's done via a throat swab. It's a DNA test.

The verbal part is called screening. I've done over 100 already at work. I work in NSW Health.

You can't diagnose COVID-19 by screening. It just identifies risk. People who are identified via are screening are isolated on site, masked up, sent home and advised to get tested. This is not compulsory but if they choose not to be cleared they are advised to self isolate at home for 14 days. Again, can't be enforced but they would not be allowed back to work.

Screening is simple and we use 3 questions and a short clinical review. It has evolved about 10 times in the last 3 weeks and will change again tomorrow I'm sure. It currently concentrates on the hot spots

In the last 14 days have you returned from mainland China, Italy, Iran or South Korea?
In the last 14 days have you transited through mainland China, Italy, Iran or South Korea?
In the last 14 days have you had contact with any person confirmed as having COVID-19?

The clinical review is simple.

Temperature, assessment of any cough, runny nose, shortness of breath and history of chronic disease, especially things like your asthma or bronchitis and assessment of any immunosuppressant conditions present (some of which we know where I work because it's part of patient history when they come in for service). Example, a cancer patient on chemo is immunosuppressed and carries a far higher risk than the average joe or healthy, young Sportsman.

Hope this helps

jc155776

Coach
Problem with screening is some people won’t know if they’ve been exposed or not.

I’ve seen Police sent to a quarantined persons house because the dumb merkin didn’t disclose to anyone until after they were there for 15 minutes that he was in lockdown.

shaggs

Coach
Incorrect. The test is a PCR test. Polymerase Chain Reaction, It's done via a throat swab. It's a DNA test.

The verbal part is called screening. I've done over 100 already at work. I work in NSW Health.

You can't diagnose COVID-19 by screening. It just identifies risk. People who are identified via are screening are isolated on site, masked up, sent home and advised to get tested. This is not compulsory but if they choose not to be cleared they are advised to self isolate at home for 14 days. Again, can't be enforced but they would not be allowed back to work.

Screening is simple and we use 3 questions and a short clinical review. It has evolved about 10 times in the last 3 weeks and will change again tomorrow I'm sure. It currently concentrates on the hot spots

In the last 14 days have you returned from mainland China, Italy, Iran or South Korea?
In the last 14 days have you transited through mainland China, Italy, Iran or South Korea?
In the last 14 days have you had contact with any person confirmed as having COVID-19?

The clinical review is simple.

Temperature, assessment of any cough, runny nose, shortness of breath and history of chronic disease, especially things like your asthma or bronchitis and assessment of any immunosuppressant conditions present (some of which we know where I work because it's part of patient history when they come in for service). Example, a cancer patient on chemo is immunosuppressed and carries a far higher risk than the average joe or healthy, young Sportsman.

Hope this helps
Doing the same at work. We haven’t had a case yet. However I’ve got all the gear for staff if someone needs something