What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My dilemma: Playing too many games at once

Utey

Coach
I was lucky enough to win a $500 voucher at a function a few months ago for EB and despite not playing consoles since the N64 and Goldeneye era, I bought a PS3.

I have a stack of games now.

Current faves are Unchartered 3, Red Dead Redemption, Driver San Francisco.

Do you guys tend to play one at a time until you finish, or do you end up playing heaps of different ones? I tend to forget buttons :o:o

Bulldog Force

Referee
I was lucky enough to win a $500 voucher at a function a few months ago for EB and despite not playing consoles since the N64 and Goldeneye era, I bought a PS3.

I have a stack of games now.

Current faves are Unchartered 3, Red Dead Redemption, Driver San Francisco.

Do you guys tend to play one at a time until you finish, or do you end up playing heaps of different ones? I tend to forget buttons :o:o
I like to concentrate on a certain game, finish it, then play the next. I finished Driver SF, currently playing NFS The (shit) Run, next up, Insane 2!

Only last year I had that problem with a few games out close to each other and me liking Dark Souls a lot more than anticipated.

Dark Souls was pretty much the only game I played for a month but I got bored of Skyrim quickly and went back and played ME2. I played Skyrim last night for the first time since 1/12. Depends on the game but I try and finish it until moving on unless I'm bored of it or not feeling in the mood for that game.

I'm kind of burned out on games right now because in two months so many damn games came out that I was interested in all at once so I play full house poker because I can chill.

MattYg1

Bench
I dabble in a little of both... depends on whats out and when... but for the most part I prefer to stick to one at a time...

I like to fully immerse myself into a games story/gameplay/atmoshphere (whatever it may be offering)

I didn't find many games that immersed me last year. Dark Souls but there isn't much of a story to it it's just totally badass.

Going back to ME2 made me realise how weak most of the 2011 titles were

perverse

Referee
only the greats hold my attention long enough for me to not move onto the next game before finishing it. the few in recent memory that i couldn't put down:

Portal 2
Fallout 3
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Starcraft 2

i can't think of too many more since the release of the Wii... lol... it's also a matter of not having the time in my life to properly immerse unless it's a game that i will put my life on hold for. very few of those are released anymore... i intend to do it with Skyward Sword once i fix my Wii up... other than that the only game i intend to do the same with is Diablo 3.

Frederick

Staff member
Too many games in my collection that I haven't finished. Some I have even taken the plastic off...

HowHigh

Coach
For ps3 I just thrash a game till I'm sick of it then buy another, usually just stick to one at a time
Have barely touched my ps3 in last few months though

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Yeah. Im juggling between Assassins Creed Revelations, Battlefield 3 and still into MW3.

Work does make it difficult to stay committed.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Games that I'm playing right now:

Uncharted 3
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Fifa 12
Call Of Duty: MW3
Battlefield 3
Killzone 3

Yeah, I'm finding it hard to stick to just one when I really enjoy them all. Mainly concentrating on Uncharted 3 and Batman Arkham Asylum, though.

edabomb

First Grade
I find I can play a sport game and a storyline based game at the same time, can't multi up the storyline games though.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Games that I'm playing right now:

Uncharted 3
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Fifa 12
Call Of Duty: MW3
Battlefield 3
Killzone 3

Yeah, I'm finding it hard to stick to just one when I really enjoy them all. Mainly concentrating on Uncharted 3 and Batman Arkham Asylum, though.
Well that's too many for me. At the moment I play about 5 hours a week (given the fail of a game I'm playing). Might be a bit more once I start something else.

Latest posts