What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Grand Final Day

Munky Funky

Juniors
i thought it would be interesting to see how everyone celebrated the biggest day of the year.

i woke up at 10am. i had a bit of a hangover because my friend came over last night and we did some shots of jack daniels HAHA

so i went to westfield at chatswood to soak up some grand final day atmosphere and buy the new "FIFA 2010" game for my playstation (its pretty awesome ey). there were a few parra jerseys around and even one storm but i was disappointed really because there wasnt that much excitement around

so i got home about 3pm and had a sausage before getting the bus to denistone east bowling club. it might seem like a strange place to watch it but me and my friends have done it since 2008. its a good venue with great atmosphere and the manager is named Erin and shes heaps nice.

game kicked off at 5pm and i had a few beers already. the game was good but i felt it could have been better. i actually left when it was 22-6 cos i had to go home for dinner

now im at home loving LU!!!

how did everyone else spend it?

Downie

Guest Moderator
Woke up at about 11:30 after daylight savings/staying up late to watch Tottenham away. Sat around finding out ways to minimise the amount of my greenslip payment. Played FM for a bit. Worked out. Played FM some more. Watched the game downstairs with my housemate. Laughed almost uncontrollably at Parra's misfortunes. Had a massive hard on as a result of the result so I had to rid myself of that. Now eating lasagne and veges for dinner.

Any other day really.

Munky Funky

Juniors
Woke up at about 11:30 after daylight savings/staying up late to watch Tottenham away. Sat around finding out ways to minimise the amount of my greenslip payment. Played FM for a bit. Worked out. Played FM some more. Watched the game downstairs with my housemate. Laughed almost uncontrollably at Parra's misfortunes. Had a massive hard on as a result of the result so I had to rid myself of that. Now eating lasagne and veges for dinner.

Any other day really.

Spurs fan!!! legend!

truganini

Juniors
so i got home about 3pm and had a sausage before getting the bus to denistone east bowling club. it might seem like a strange place to watch it but me and my friends have done it since 2008.

i actually left when it was 22-6 cos i had to go home for dinner

Since 2008? Steeped in tradition. Afl has finished so footy season was already over.

effnic

Bench
so i got home about 3pm and had a sausage before getting the bus to denistone east bowling club. it might seem like a strange place to watch it but me and my friends have done it since 2008.

So your friend stayed the night after the shots of jd??

MattJ

Juniors
if that was meant to be funny, you didnt succeed.

I found it amusing

I got up late after an intense session the night before at the annual Fairfield Octoberfest celebrations. Didnt realise just how late untill the fiancee informed me it was daylight savings.
Went to the partners parents place to watch the game on a 3 metre projection screen and ate spit roasted chicken with family.
All in all, a perfect weekend really.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Up at 6am, out to the park with the mutt. Loaded the boat up and out into the Swan River with the sun shining, dolphins jumping and sky blue as crystal for breakfast and a cruise around. Mad dash home, on with the Storm shirt and down the Greenwood. Packed full of Parra fans so lots of friendly banter and winding up happening! Drank too much Kilkenny, got home around 7ish, sent the Mrs off to the chippy, few more beers to celebrate and.... crash out go the lights!

melbourne_belle

Juniors
Woke up at 6 with an epic hangover to catch an 8 o’clock flight to Syd.
Arrived 9.25 and caught a cab to our hotel and dumped our bags.
We couldn't check in yet so wondered around QVB, George st, pitt st etc. Got a picture with Roy Jones Jr.
Went back to the hotel to check in at 12 and then left to train it to the game at 1.
Got to the stadium just on time to watch the Toyota cup, Melbourne WIN Score!!!
Settle in with quite a few drinks to settle the nerves before the big game.
Melbourne WIN Score!!!
Stumbled over to ACER Arena and proceeded to get epically drunk with the thunderbolts team.
Got back to the hotel 5ish and napped and showered before my 8.30 flight back to Melbourne yesterday morning.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
Woke up at 10, planning to drive from my place in Kensington over to a mate's in Baulkham hills by 12. at 11 o clock, realised its actually 12 o clock and daylight savings f**ked me over. I ended up getting there some time after 1 so missed most of the NSW Cup. Hit the Winsto at 2 to start drinking and watch the NYC. at about 430 went to a mates place for a BBQ, more drinking. Back to the pub a couple of hrs after the game for more drinking. Then wandered around Winston Hills and got drunker in a park. High five for maturity!