What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Message to Wayne Jackson (CEO AFL) Re:Telstra

Razor

Coach
stevo said:
The AFL is prob one of our most national games. They have spent the money to spread the game. I don't see the NRL/ARL trying to hold matches in states where there is no national team.

That's a very big positive for the AFL. They stage matches outside the settled areas.

The ARL used to play around 2-3 times a year (in-season games) in other states until 1996 - they subsidised the clubs who did play in non-RL areas. Now the NRL is saying they won't stop any clubs from doing so, but won't subsidise them at all, and since 1996, Wests v Melbourne in 1999 (played in Perth), and in 1998 Adelaide in regional SA are the only 2 premiership matches played in other areas (apart from the Wellington matches).

Anonymous

Juniors
I see it like this. In NSW and QLD, if there is a clash, then the AFL needs to come in second. That is tough luck. And if Wayne or any other Victorian with a bad hair cut doesnt like it then they can take their 'Brand' and shuv it fair up their arseholes.

Quite simply I DONT WANT THE AFL TO BE IN THIS STATE BECAUSE THEY WANT TO DESTROY MY GAME.

We did once have a National comp. Ruined by greedy men who wanted to own the broadcast rights. The sooner we go back to Perth and Adelaide the better as far as i am concerned.

And just for the record, there is only one official national sport in Australia. It is Cricket.

While we are on the whinging line i would just like to thank Fox for not only half destroying Rugby League with their half baked take over attempt, but for bullshiting to us as well.

The line from Fox has been and still is.......the NRL is their top priority. How come then i will be watching a taped game at 6:00pm tomorrow night? When there are 3 dedicated channels to the AFL, we have to put up with this shit.

I am f**king over the whole situation. It would seem that Fox believes that it has subscribed the majority of people that they will get for the NRL. So they are now going with the Channel 9 approach of we will show what we want when we want it and how we want it.

It wont be long before the match of the round is an edited 5 minute highlights package on after the netball test.

Bring back the Optus NRL Channel!!!!!

-GS.

Latest posts