What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Nod prediction

imasharkie said:
Only if you were supporting NSW.

From a Queenslanders point of view...........he was disgraceful.
The headshot on D-Lok in the first 10 minutes was a shocking decision to let it go and that was just the start from a thouroughly biased ref. Hope we get to pick the ref for the SOO3 and Bobby Fulton(where's the cement truck) has nothing to do with the choice. Shayne the Payne obviously played right into Fulton's hand and should be dismissed to PL this weekend and Fulton should be run over by his own cement truck.
I thought Hartley was a cheat and a Manly cohort. I'm just happy a Queenslander didn't hit the Manly players Stewart or Kite with the same head high stiff arm as D-Lock got, pain would've sent him off.

Get off the crack Ima.. he was bad to both sides.

The high shot on Lockyer? What you mean like the one that broke White's nose?

Glass of harden the f**k up wouldn't go astray. What I have a problem with is the grubs constantly lying in the play the ball.. Price, Petrol, Costigan... ffs how many times did Petrol have his hands in the ruck before there was ONE penalty. Then he ignored the next twenty times,.

Quigs

Immortal
Take a few deep breaths all of you.

Now repeat after me... The State of Origins will never be the same until they bring back some stink into the games.

Everyone wants some stink. They encourage it by stealth. But its like having the best greyhound hobbled.

But i am glad that blues (as in fighting) is frowned upon now, because honestly I think the pack we had out there tonight would probably sh!t themselves if someone whacked a couple of them.

Modern day State of Origin is sh!t compared to years gone by. And it is getting worse. At least that game tonight was a little bit of an improvement on the first one.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

island pro

Juniors
The ref was hopeless.

To echo the comments already made he stiffled the game through his lack of policing in and around the play of the ball.

His policing of the 10 was disgraceful in the second half as well.

Made for one of the least interesting games of origin i've watched, and with a contest like there was tonight, it should have been a rip-snorter.

Inferno

Coach
imasharkie said:
Only if you were supporting NSW.

From a Queenslanders point of view...........he was disgraceful.
The headshot on D-Lok in the first 10 minutes was a shocking decision to let it go and that was just the start from a thouroughly biased ref. Hope we get to pick the ref for the SOO3 and Bobby Fulton(where's the cement truck) has nothing to do with the choice. Shayne the Payne obviously played right into Fulton's hand and should be dismissed to PL this weekend and Fulton should be run over by his own cement truck.
I thought Hartley was a cheat and a Manly cohort. I'm just happy a Queenslander didn't hit the Manly players Stewart or Kite with the same head high stiff arm as D-Lock got, pain would've sent him off.

Come on Ima, after getting missing a blatent forward pass leading to the match winning try, I think you can hardly complain about the ref. lol, bloody queenslanders, are they ever happy with the f**ken ref?

There was a high shot on Noddy that was let go as well Ima.

Surely

Post Whore
Dont forget prices dive to get the set that contained the forward pass that led to the try, gallens got nothing on him.

Inferno

Coach
Was a good effort from the big man.

Living north of the border though you won't hear anything about diving. It will be all about how sh*t the ref was and how it was the "Queensland Spirit" that got them home.

Surely

Post Whore
BTW this is the biggest hedging post i have ever seen, its like saying i backed the melbourne cup winner, well actually i had a dollar on all of them.

millersnose

Post Whore
CHAOS said:
Nod will kick a match winning kick. I don't know what sort. Might be a field goal. Might be a kick for a try. Might be a penalty goal or conversion. The crystal ball needs a service though.

wrong

It's all he'll do but he'll do it.

wrong

imasharkie

Coach
Inferno said:
Was a good effort from the big man.

Living north of the border though you won't hear anything about diving. It will be all about how sh*t the ref was and how it was the "Queensland Spirit" that got them home.

Don't you love waking up this morning a Queenslander.

RockyShark

Juniors
The Queenslanders' reaction is all a bit predictable. Queensland spirit blah blah blah...

But a win is a win I suppose. If the ref made such poor decisions and we won the game as a result we'd take the win too.

Dodgy decisions aside, we had plenty of opportunity in the second half and couldn't convert. Some players who have served us well for the last few years appear to be well past their prime. Half the team was MIA - again. Stop picking players based on their performances 4 years ago!

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Fin said:
Better that though IMHO than a succession of penalties. Let the game flow, much more enjoyable as a spectator. Besides, the lack of creativity from both teams killed the game. Can't really blame the ref for that

No offence Fin but you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

You need to blow penalties to allow the game to flow. When players are lying all over the play the ball and have hands in the ruck then the game gets slowed down and does not flow at all. What the ref served us up was disgraceful last night. Not even Thursty and Lockyer could look dangerous.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
millersnose said:

haha Well millers, it was always going to be wrong wasn't it?

millersnose said:

Not in the context of him being a playmaker. He was as boring, unidimensional, unimaginative, predictable and as lacking in innovation as he always is with the Sharks.

His main good play last night was his tenacious defence but even that comes down to the fact that he is one of the games hardest triers. No one has ever said he doesn't give 200% and that's all his defensive game really was.

As to his satisfactory kicking game, well, watch any game at Telstra and the kicking is longer. The stadium is condusive to it. Who kicks 80 metre dropouts like Qld did? I'll bet anyone he doesn't get the same length on his kicks at any other ground for the next 2.5 years.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
millersnose said:
bahh

best team won

the ref was fine

I'll go along with that. Hayne put in a standard refs display IMO. As bad as he was good both ways.

Not his fault the Blues couldn't penetrate a jelly with a machete.

millersnose

Post Whore
CHAOS said:
haha Well millers, it was always going to be wrong wasn't it?

well you guys arent having a good run lately......

Not in the context of him being a playmaker. He was as boring, unidimensional, unimaginative, predictable and as lacking in innovation as he always is with the Sharks.

just like thurston huh...

As to his satisfactory kicking game

lol...'satisfactory'

, well, watch any game at Telstra and the kicking is longer.

except thurstons...

The stadium is condusive to it. Who kicks 80 metre dropouts like Qld did?

lol..its special air that allows these 80 meter jkicks