What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My team this week

Thats him...cheers.
Watched him the other week & unless he had a one off blinder I liked what I saw. Big, strong & fast.

Yep he has been one of the shining lights in a weak NYC squad.

Unfortunately I think he got injured recently.

Hope he is back soon. As he would be one of the young players I'd give some First Grade experience in these final weeks.

Plastered

Juniors
Everytime I've seen him this year, which is maybe 4 or 5 games, he's been good, very strong. Elih Bailey hasn't been too shabby either.

Frailty

First Grade
1. Gardiner
2. Gordon
3. Collis
4. Pomm
5. Tautai
6. Kelly
7. Barrett (Smith if Baz injuried)
8. Snowden
9. Morris
10. Douglas
11. Millington
12. Tupou
13. Gallen
14. Cordova
15. Vave
16. Aiton
17. Wright

That prospect scares me.. Could see the opposition bombing to him non-stop...

Special K

Coach
1. Gardner
2. Gordon
3. Collis
4. Pom
5. Covell
6. Barrett (Kelly if Barrett injured)
7. Morris
8. Snowden
9. Aiton
10. Douglas
11. Wright
12. Millington
13. Gallen

14. Kelly
15. Tupou
16. Vave
17. Cordoba
18. TT(moves into the 17 if Baz is out)

Sigh... Not much to work with... :sick:

Frailty

First Grade
I don't know what team I'd use.. It really depends on the style of play Flano is going to get them to play.

Inferno

Coach
1. Gardner
2. Gordon
3. Collis
4. Pom
5. Covell
6. Barrett (Kelly if Barrett injured)
7. Morris
8. Snowden
9. Aiton
10. Douglas
11. Wright
12. Millington
13. Gallen

14. Kelly
15. Tupou
16. Vave
17. Cordoba
18. TT(moves into the 17 if Baz is out)

Sigh... Not much to work with... :sick:

I like it.

carinashark

First Grade
1. Stapelton ( Cov if injured)
2. Gordon
3. Toops
4. Collis
5. TT
6. Barrett (M Wright if Barrett injured)
7.Gardener, ( winners want the ball)
8. Snowden
9. Aiton
10. Douglas
11. POM
12. Millington
13. Gallen

14. Morris
15. Porter
16. Vave
17. Cordoba
Plenty to work with!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Throw the NSW Cup team in there and add Gallen, Dougy, Snowy and Collis.

Ken Ebb

Juniors
1. GARDNER
2.GORDON
3.COLLIS
4.POM
5.M.WRIGHT
6.BARRETT
7.PORTER
8.SNOWDEN
9.MORRIS
10.DOUGLAS
11.MILLINGTON
12.TOUPOU
13.GALLEN (c)

14.CORDOBA
15.B.WRIGHT
16.AITON
17.KELLY

Morris aint a real good halfback and Porter has a better kicking game to take pressure off Barrett. Tupou will want to pull his finger out, he has been fairly poor recently. I don't mind both Aiton and Morris on the field at the same time, Aiton being the backrower. Mathew Wright needs some experience and we would lose nothing in speed with him out on the wing, he may get found out in the air however which is a worry. Gardener should practise his goalkicking. Get Kelly out there somewhere and give him a go. He may well be our own Benny Barba. Surely his defence is somewhat better than Smiths! Mannah would've been in the mix somewhere if he was fully fit, probably better to wait till next year. Hope all is going well with him cause we'll definately need him next year!

bono69

Juniors
1 grads
2 ike gorden
3 collis
4 ricky leutele
5 tautai
6 kelly
7 barrett
8 snowy
9 morris
10 dougy
11 brod wright
12 toops
13 gal
14 cordoba
15 vave
16 aiton
17 pom

The Popper

Bench
I support younger blokes getting a run, but I do believe that a mentor should be involved, e.g Baz. I think last week's game also demonstrated just how important Baz is to our team. Gee, I hope we can get him to play next year too.
Bit rough on Toops there, KE. His stats have been OK recently. And on Gardner.....he is a dazzling ball runner but I believe many coaches have `woken up to him'. He is `one dimensional' i.e they know he is going to run. If he could develop a passing game to set up supports (a la Clive Churchill) he could be sensational....maybe even another Les Johns.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I support younger blokes getting a run, but I do believe that a mentor should be involved, e.g Baz. I think last week's game also demonstrated just how important Baz is to our team. Gee, I hope we can get him to play next year too.
Bit rough on Toops there, KE. His stats have been OK recently. And on Gardner.....he is a dazzling ball runner but I believe many coaches have `woken up to him'. He is `one dimensional' i.e they know he is going to run. If he could develop a passing game to set up supports (a la Clive Churchill) he could be sensational....maybe even another Les Johns.
I disagree with that Pop. I think he has fantastic passing skills. I reckon he is the best centre we have & has this ability, like Jennings, to use his footwork & get a real good unders play happening. There are not many players around who know how effective & unders passing game can be when it is combined with raw speed.

Ken Ebb

Juniors
Maybe a little harsh Popper but Tupou, to me, just isn't earning his wage at present.He may well be trying too hard to accommodate the garbage around him. I know he is a tremendous player and can offer us a shetload. I reckon Flanagan will be breath of fresh air and we will see him at his best again. Hopefully!

so youd have gardner at centre reefy? is that what you said just there?

interesting move. i agree that he has a few strings to his bow. he certainly can throw a nice pass. and he's fast.

what id like to see from him is alot more trailing of the play.

The Dodger

First Grade
Baz to lock
Kelly 5/8
keep smith at half
gallen in the second row
Milo to bench
pom on the bench (second row)
stapo in at centre
vave should deffinetely be in the bench.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
so youd have gardner at centre reefy? is that what you said just there?

interesting move. i agree that he has a few strings to his bow. he certainly can throw a nice pass. and he's fast.

what id like to see from him is alot more trailing of the play.

Like Slater.... he fits the mould