What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My thoughts on the Melbourne Storm salary cap scandal

Milhouse2020

Juniors
As a Melbourne Storm supporter, I'm always hearing non-stop about the salary cap scandal and how Parramatta and Manly were cheated out of Premierships (Mind you, the Storm were clearly the better side in both Grand Finals, but don't let facts get in the way of a good whinge).

When the salary cap scandal broke, all of the controversy surrounding it led me to one conclusion.

If the NRL wasn't directly involved, they knew it was happening.

I say this because I find it VERY hard to believe that the Storm was able to get away with what they did, for as long as they did, without people asking questions. I think it's also safe to say that David Gallop and the higher ups at that time knew more than they were letting on.

Which is why the punishment imposed on the Storm wasn't about serving justice. It was about putting the kibosh on it as quickly as possible so questions wouldn't be asked.

greg

Juniors
As a Melbourne Storm supporter, I'm always hearing non-stop about the salary cap scandal and how Parramatta and Manly were cheated out of Premierships (Mind you, the Storm were clearly the better side in both Grand Finals, but don't let facts get in the way of a good whinge).

When the salary cap scandal broke, all of the controversy surrounding it led me to one conclusion.

I say this because I find it VERY hard to believe that the Storm was able to get away with what they did, for as long as they did, without people asking questions. I think it's also safe to say that David Gallop and the higher ups at that time knew more than they were letting on.

Which is why the punishment imposed on the Storm wasn't about serving justice. It was about putting the kibosh on it as quickly as possible so questions wouldn't be asked.
Storm clearly better? How can an IILEGAL team be clearly better?

JamesRustle

First Grade

Congrats on getting your first pube

Tiger5150

Bench

I for one have been wondering for 14 years what Milhouse's thoughts on the matter. Thanks for not making us wait mate.
GFR-gI-XcAAazuP.jpg

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Melbourne are massive cheats and there should be a new thread every week until they admit those premierships were rightly taken off them.

In other news, I welcome Millhouse and his input. I mean, it's about as logical and well thought out as any post I've ever seen - the genius of saying a salary cap cheating team were clearly the better side in GFs is even beyond my fair intelligence - and I can't wait to see and read more.

Gmac

Juniors
You can keep 2007. We don't want it. We beat your illegal side by The biggest margin in grand final history the following year.
Everyone will always see everything achieved by Melbourne, Slater, Smith and Cronk through that mid- late 2000s with a HUGE asterisk.
In 50 years, no one will talk about the achievements of Melbourne in the same vein as this current Penrith team for example.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade

IMG_0698.jpeg

Chief_Chujo

First Grade

That's OCCAM's Razor, not Hanlon's Razor.

15452909-8892-4904-87b9-348217ab58cf_text.gif

Any guesses on whos alt milhouse is?