What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My version of 20/20

morri (cWo)

First Grade
30/30

firstly I would make it two innings to each team. Instead of 20 overs each it would be 30.

so team ‘A’ bats 15 overs. then team ‘B’ bats 15 overs. then team ‘A’ bats another 15 overs. then team ‘B’ bats another 15 overs.

the big twist would be that the team has to use their reverse batting order in the 2nd innings. so you would have batman and bowlers throughout the order.

it’s a bit wild and probably wouldn’t work but I like it.

feel free to add your own version to make it work.

yobbo84

Coach
I've got an idea. Two teams, 11 players per team. Each team bats twice, and bowls twice. The team with the most runs at the end of the match wins. However, due to obvious time reasons, each match will be restricted to 5 days. In the event of a result not being complete after this time, the match will be called a "draw".

I think it would be a real test of each players and teams ability.

Rustay

Juniors
yobbo84 said:
I've got an idea. Two teams, 11 players per team. Each team bats twice, and bowls twice. The team with the most runs at the end of the match wins. However, due to obvious time reasons, each match will be restricted to 5 days. In the event of a result not being complete after this time, the match will be called a "draw".

I think we have something like that going....;-)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yobbo84 said:

I think that might just catch on

stevo

Juniors
yobbo84 said:

why hasn't anyone come up with this idea before, i love it:lol:

bender

Juniors
I rarely bother with cricket anymore, due to boring rules such as those suggested by Yobbo. I have never watched a 20-20 match so cant comment, but to me, the rules sugested at the start of this post are probably about as good and exciting as you could make it. (thirty overs is too many). You need to reduce the time as much as possible.

If I were changing the rules of one day or 20-20 cricket, I would make teams bat concurrently. Ie Team one faces and over, then team 2 faces an over. I would give the sides a maximum of 30 seconds between changeovers to start the runoff (so that teams have to hurry to change ends). It would make things much more exciting by being able to judge the progress of two sides in more ways than the Run rate charts. It would be good to watch teams sit on a lead etc. Also, the changing pitch would effect both teams equally and if there is a rain out,ever, you dont have to use that stupid rain out rule (do they still have it?).

Parra Guru

Coach
yobbo84 said:

The original and easily the best.

Valiant_Raider

Juniors
yobbo84 said:

what an idea, in fact they could dump the coloured pyjamas and wear creams aswell

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
What would be good to make 20\20 better would be to make it every bowler must bowl 2 overs accept the wicket keeper. And make it 2 fielders outside the rope at all times............ Imagine the hitting and the high scoring?

grego

Juniors
The best idea get rid of the 20/20 game ,play a 50 overs (as they already do ) get rid of the power plays and the super sub and go back to how it used to be

go_the_doggies

Juniors
I love twenty20 its awesome in my opinion, its not to serious and the players can have a great time, that was shown in the bowl off between nz and the windies

although nz should have and could have done better

JJ

Immortal
no.5_luke covell said:
30/30

firstly I would make it two innings to each team. Instead of 20 overs each it would be 30.

so team ‘A’ bats 15 overs. then team ‘B’ bats 15 overs. then team ‘A’ bats another 15 overs. then team ‘B’ bats another 15 overs.

the big twist would be that the team has to use their reverse batting order in the 2nd innings. so you would have batman and bowlers throughout the order.

it’s a bit wild and probably wouldn’t work but I like it.

feel free to add your own version to make it work.

sounds a lot like Martin Crowe's "cricket max"

The Devil

Bench
bender said:
I rarely bother with cricket anymore, due to boring rules such as those suggested by Yobbo. I have never watched a 20-20 match so cant comment, but to me, the rules sugested at the start of this post are probably about as good and exciting as you could make it. (thirty overs is too many). You need to reduce the time as much as possible.

If I were changing the rules of one day or 20-20 cricket, I would make teams bat concurrently. Ie Team one faces and over, then team 2 faces an over. I would give the sides a maximum of 30 seconds between changeovers to start the runoff (so that teams have to hurry to change ends). It would make things much more exciting by being able to judge the progress of two sides in more ways than the Run rate charts. It would be good to watch teams sit on a lead etc. Also, the changing pitch would effect both teams equally and if there is a rain out,ever, you dont have to use that stupid rain out rule (do they still have it?).

So you expect the batsmen in the fielding team to get their kit on and be out in the middle of the park within 30 seconds?

HevyDevy

Coach
I was hoping the suggestion made on this thread would be something along the lines of 20 beers and 20 bourbons. Alas, it was not to be.