What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mystery new club in bid for Tuqiri

philstorm

Juniors
Ziggy the God said:
Do you realise that a big chunk of that is third party payments, meaning Souths didn't give it to him, thus not coming under the Salary Cap?

So basically you're saying that Souths plan on cheating the salary cap?

With or without third party sponsors, his salary is going to come to at least 600K per year - the NRL would be stupid (well, tell me something I dont know) to actually believe a contract with an NRL club that's signed for less than that.

That's still a sh*tload to pay on a winger/centre who's done jack-all for his team this season.

DeeGan

Bench
Nice way to create a little "panic" in a last ditch effort to bump up the $$ value Lote :lol:

After another inept display last night for the Tahs, my advice would be to seen ASAP before more $$ are substracted.

no.2_lukeburt said:
ive read some sh*t about 3rd party payments on here. This 'loophole' simply means that if the player is able to attract sponsorship dollars that doesnt relate him as a Souths player or associate him with the NRL (like they could say RL player, but not NRL player) then those payments are not counted within the cap. What holmes a court refers to when he is talking about Lote's marketablity, is RL's superior fanbase to RU, which means sponsors are likely to pay Lote more if he was with RL than if he was with RU.

they can also be paid an extra $50k by a club sponsor that doesnt count towards the cap though ( up to 2 players per side)

simon says said:
Lookie lookie....

Suely Raider fans can see he is taking the piss.....I know some are little challenged....:lol:

Some of us might be challenged, but at least we dont skyte on LU about sitting there posting in boxers.....:lol: :lol:

simon says

First Grade
VictorTheViking said:
Some of us might be challenged, but at least we dont skyte on LU about sitting there posting in boxers.....:lol: :lol:

But when you are stacked like me....:lol: :lol:

jed

First Grade
simon says said:
But when you are stacked like me....:lol: :lol:
Someone get a magnifying glass and a pair of tweezers, let us have a more realistic description

TITAN1

Juniors
Ive not heard an offer from England yet,maybe this is the mystery club/s? :sarcasm:
Then again,as deegan suggested,he may be trying to bump up his price...

Stagger eel

Staff member
TITAN1 said:
Ive not heard an offer from England yet,maybe this is the mystery club/s? :sarcasm:
Then again,as deegan suggested,he may be trying to bump up his price...

yeah..wouldn't that be an unusual set of circumstances :lol:

Moffo

Referee
no.2_lukeburt said:
ive read some sh*t about 3rd party payments on here. This 'loophole' simply means that if the player is able to attract sponsorship dollars that doesnt relate him as a Souths player or associate him with the NRL (like they could say RL player, but not NRL player) then those payments are not counted within the cap. What holmes a court refers to when he is talking about Lote's marketablity, is RL's superior fanbase to RU, which means sponsors are likely to pay Lote more if he was with RL than if he was with RU.

thats good though, if we can entice players to the game in the comfort that they can still earn the big bucks through third party sponsors that have nothing to do with the club, then it must be an attraction for them

and in doing so, it also promotes our game more

ByRd

First Grade
800k oftttt lol Souths if they get him are spending about 1.3 million just on 2 players (asotasi and tuqiri), stupid managment,souths dont need a winger, they need a dominant half.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
With the ARU bumping his price down to $450k/year, thats about 180,000 pounds.

There are guys in SL already earning above that. I wouldn't be surprised to see some ESL clubs seeing themselves affording this and throw their hat in the ring.

I'd be very surprised if he ended up in the Super League.
And I agree with those saying this smells like BS to keep interest up and squeeze a few more pennies out of it.