What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mystery new club in bid for Tuqiri

greeneyed

First Grade
According to 7 News tonight, Lote "asked" the Titans to re-enter the bidding. They said "NO". This bidding war is going downwards at a rapid rate. Who wants to pay $500,000 for a winger? It is crazy.

_Johnsy

Referee
I have a mate, who knows a guy and well, he knew a guy, who once was a guy and she some bloke for a weekend. And the good oil is he has decided to pull the on the most famous football jumper in this country, possibly the world.

The mighty Thargomindah Thunderbolts

simon says

First Grade
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
I'd rather him stay in Union than come to the Tigers the turncoat prick.

He might put Fitzy out of a job.

What am I saying, no he won't...

:lol: :lol:

The love Sheens has for Fitzy.,.......its one of the worlds greatest love affairs,beautiful and yet mystifying at the same time.

McCrud

Juniors
http://www.news.com.au/sundaymail/story/0,,21362494-10389,00.html

Tuqiri's claim another NRL club "is definitely in with a chance" has been refuted in league circles.

Brisbane boss Bruno Cullen said "it's definitely not us" and Sydney Roosters chief executive Brian Canavan confirmed his club "pulled out two weeks ago". Titans managing director Michael Searle confirmed his club officially ceased negotiations last week but remain interested.

However, Searle said the Titans wouldn't waste their time tabling an offer well below the financial gold mine presented by the ARU.

"We just can't compete financially with the ARU. I'm a realist," said Searle. "There will be angles trying to get us back in but at this stage we can't compete with the offers that they've made. I just can't see it happening."

simon says said:
:lol: :lol:

The love Sheens has for Fitzy.,.......its one of the worlds greatest love affairs,beautiful and yet mystifying at the same time.

I know the bloke works his arse off at training but FFS, he's so unco he'd only be worthy of Mega-God status in AFL.

j/k Fitzy.

He goes ok, I just think that there are more viable options for us on the wing.

Titanic

First Grade
The most intriguing debate is what role they have planned for him in Hollywood - you can rule out Bond James Bond (in the remake of Gold Digger oops Goldfinger) how about Defectus (in Gladiator Revisited)? Perhaps more appropriate after last nights performance Colonel Klutz (in the new made for tv dvd Hogan's Heroes). The sequel to Lord of the Rings is looking for a new Frodo (lovable hairy creature hailing from some simple but exotic land).

I suppose the other question is whether it's the player making the play or his commission agent?

boonboon

Juniors
If there s another club then it would be a Sydney club given the sponsors are all organised outside the teams in Sydney

So
Rooster - Said NO
Souths - already involved
Sharks - Ricky told him to bugger off
Eels
Penrith - People would know and dont have enough corporate support out there
Tigers
Dragons - let plenty go but wouldnt have the money
Manly - nope

So only eels or tigers possible as the other club 4 mine