What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N.Z. v World XI Game III - The decider

JTR

Juniors
Southern Warrio said:
Just to put a dampner on the whole governoment sponsoring the event.

Phil Goff was interviewed a few days ago and said this money is no extra money, it is part of the 68 million pledged. :cry: #-o
Well that's pretty poor if that's the case...

There will still be the 'new' money from the player shirt/oil painting auctions though.
Also the $3000 per catch pledged by Vecta, the big lump of money given by the National Bank before a ball was bowled, donations collected on the day and that $3 txt thing they were plugging all the time...

ozbash

Referee
great day, lotsa laughs.

ive decided warney is a good sport after that. :clap:

that pitch was absolute crap for an international odi, they better get their act together for the aussie odi in march :roll:

Southern Warrio said:
Just to put a dampner on the whole government sponsoring the event.

Phil Goff was interviewed a few days ago and said this money is no extra money, it is part of the 68 million pledged. :cry: #-o

no this was extra money that was pledged before the 68 million was announced (around 300,000 to 400,000) and was worked out to be 20 dollars a run etc and then it was added to the 68 million when the amount of 68 million was publicially announced.

willie lose getting his wires crossed again.

El Diablo said:
Are they giving money for 6's and 4's in this second game?

brit insurance was giving $50 a run and $100 a wicket for the World X11, the national bank doing the same for the kiwis.

earn't around $230,000 for the 10/10 game.

haha nz was basically fielding with 9 players as tuffey and flemming was signing autographs while the balls was getting bowled.

ozbash said:
great day, lotsa laughs.

ive decided warney is a good sport after that. :clap:

that pitch was absolute crap for an international odi, they better get their act together for the aussie odi in march :roll:

their is talk they are going to move the game if the groundsman doesn't give a good enough excuse, please no [-o< , i have been hanging out for that game for ages.

warne has asked for the game to be moved

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Don't give a shit about the pitch tbh, it was a 150-200 pitch, World XI batting was pathetic, it was a pleasant change from the flat nothings currently dominating world cricket and inflating the records of ordinary batsmen.

With the 10/10 game it turned out to be one of the best days I've ever had at the cricket. What was even better was going out into "town" (well, it is Hamilton) last night and having pretty much every NZ and WXI player at the same club as me and my mates. Some great stories to be told fo sho. Matt Elliott was on fire in particular.

willvillain

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
Don't give a sh*t about the pitch tbh, it was a 150-200 pitch, World XI batting was pathetic, it was a pleasant change from the flat nothings currently dominating world cricket and inflating the records of ordinary batsmen.

Another good point from you mate. Nothing wrong with pitches which offer the bowlers something.

I don't think our current trio of fast bowlers would mind too much - McGrath can bowl anywhere, Dizzy gets good movement, and Bing has started getting consistent swing again. Someoneelse can say something nice about Kasper. I've done my three.

Latest posts