What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nafe Seluini

Panther_Daz

Staff member
From all reports Nafe had yet another blinder on Saturday. He surely isn't too far away from a debut of the bench in First Grade.

Copperhead

Juniors
Only problem is where to put him. If Elliot was serious about starting Tahu from the bench, we have no room. McKendry, Bell, Tahu and whatzizname.

abpanther

Staff member
I'd definitely like to see Seluini on the bench, we need some impact off the bench and I think he could add some great playmaking ability.

Tahu needs to start IMO

Copperhead

Juniors
Well, I give up. Iosefa back in the side ahead of Nafe. Earl back in the side ahead of Nafe. Did that moron watch the Sharks pack last night?
We needed more than a winger and an ill-diciplined mistake ridden backup hooker as reserves.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Be very surprised if that is the team that takes the field come saturday afternoon, having said that there are still some rubbish selections. Unsual for Elliott, no?

goosie

Juniors
earl and masada were also named for windsor this week ;) so they both
will drop off the bench for smith and tahu to come on. they just gota past fitness
test.

Copperhead

Juniors
Seeing both Earl and Iosefa named for Windsor, and Gibb not named, gives us some hope. The inclusion of Gibb and Tahu would make us a lot stronger.
Still, who do we have to have available to push Purtell out of the side?

Ok, beaten to the punch. I thought Smith was still some way off a return?

Last edited:

Doomednow

Bench
Nafe plays centre, correct? Is it too much to hope that Purtell is keeping the jersey warm? Of course it is.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
He was known at the Warriors as a 'Utility' but mainly plays at Hooker.

Hopefully a Warriors fan might see this thread and share some of the other positions Nafe has played in his Warrior and Junior days.

maple_69

Bench
Will be interested to see how Windsor go this week.
Paulo back in the side, Vuarasi running around at lock (could he be moulded to take Frank's role?) and Seluini booked in to play starting hooker

You may be thinking of Taumata having played centre. I only recall Seluini having played hooker and 5/8.

franklin2323

Immortal
Seliuni was a winger before changing to hooker due to a shortage. He should play hooker over anything else. While I listened to the game Nafe was MOTM from the commentators. So him starting in Windsor seems like a good choice. Which begs the question why name Masada in 1st grade? unless it's to keep pressure off Seliuni to be a late inclusion

worier

Juniors
He was known at the Warriors as a 'Utility' but mainly plays at Hooker.

Hopefully a Warriors fan might see this thread and share some of the other positions Nafe has played in his Warrior and Junior days.

Nafe can play Fullback/wing/centre (and went quite well) and of course hooker he has played a bit of five eigth too. He's genrally been used as a utility off the bench. He spent a lot of his early days of NYC at fullback/wing mostly covering for Locke, Nafe was Mr fix it.
It wasn't till last season where Nafe was tried as hooker and we saw him come in to his own and excelled. Nafe can play in any posistion but Hooker but I'd say hooker is his best posistion, you guys got your selves a gun. Definitley an Isaac Luke in the making.

Last edited:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Seluini appears to be making his long awaited First Grade debut tonight. I hope Elliott uses him at the right times and he has a blinder!

Latest posts