What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name your favourite Sesame Street character

So who is it then?

• The Count

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guy Smiley

• Bert

• Ernie

• Big Bird

• Grover

• Oscar the Grouch

• Elmo

• Mr Snuffalufficus

• Total voters

CyberKev

Staff member
Unless you've spent the last 30 or so years doing time for Patsy Cline in a Turkish prison then you'll be all too familiar with the enduring phenomenon that is Sesame Street. Given that Evil Bert is in the midst of launching a takeover bid for the hearts, minds and credit card numbers of Westerners at large, I thought this an ideal time to get a sense of the Sesame Street character that most tellingly impacted upon you at a deep and meaningful level?

For mine it would have to have been The Count... Maybe I was just born a full-on anal retentive, but I can't help but think that the little guy with the big monacle and the numeric fixation played a very significant role in preparing me for life as a public servant. Undoubtedly a role model for mathematicians and a pin-up boy for obsessive compulsives everywhere! With public disdain for Tony Greig at an alltime high (still) perhaps Kezza could do worse than get out the chequebook and write out a nice round figure for Transylvania's (or is it Pennsylvania's?) favourite cape wearer. He wouldn't even have to sign it, as the little champ would be far too fond of counting the digits to cash the bloody thing. I'm not sure of his proficiency with a key, but he'd be a natch for keeping track of balls, overs and runs scored. You'd just have to hope that he could refrain from counting out the speed of every Brett Lee delivery or the whole plan might rapidly go to shite!

CyberKev

alex

Juniors
I have always loved Snuffleupagus, he is adorable! Most of the Sesame Street Characters annoyed the hell out of me but he was such a cutie. I hated the Cookie Monster because his vocabulary was so limited, Elmo because he spoke in third person and the Count because all he did was, well, count, and that just wasn't enough character development for my highly sophisticated five year old needs ;-). Snuffy was cool though, him and Oscar were the best.

CyberKev

Staff member
I hated the Cookie Monster because his vocabulary was so limited, Elmo because he spoke in third person and the Count because all he did was, well, count

1, 1 anti-Count post Ha ha ha ha...

the count use to shit me! i dont kno why but i could not stand the way he counts numbers!

2, 2 anti-Count posts Ha ha ha ha...

Works for me, but I seem to be detecting a distinct strain of anti-numericism on this forum :(

This aside, how could I have devised a post on this topic and left out the Cookie Monster???!!! :oops:

CyberKev[/quote]

~bedsy~

First Grade
Elmo is cute.... but I liked that spagetti guy... who's spagetti kept running away :lol:

CyberKev

Staff member
bedsy said:
Elmo is cute.... but I liked that spagetti guy... who's spagetti kept running away :lol:

Sounds like the (mock) Swedish chef, but I'm not sure that he was on Sesame Street, as I thought he was purely a Muppets character.

I'm prepared to be corrected on this though.

GBT

Juniors
Being about 12 years old when Sesame Street first started, I'm a little old for this. I voted for Ernie, or was it Bert? I never could work out who was who..... 8)

~bedsy~

First Grade
CyberKev said:
bedsy said:

Sounds like the (mock) Swedish chef, but I'm not sure that he was on Sesame Street, as I thought he was purely a Muppets character.

I'm prepared to be corrected on this though.
I'm pretty sure I remember him on there.... :?
Oh well his funny anyway.

CyberKev

Staff member
GBT said:
I voted for Ernie, or was it Bert? I never could work out who was who..... 8)

Well, you'd better get a fix on who is who and which side you're on before Evil Bert and his army of hangers-on rolls through your neighbourhood with water pistols a blazin' :twisted:

CyberKev

GBT

Juniors
CyberKev said:
GBT said:
I voted for Ernie, or was it Bert? I never could work out who was who..... 8)

Well, you'd better get a fix on who is who and which side you're on before Evil Bert and his army of hangers-on rolls through your neighbourhood with water pistols a blazin' :twisted:

CyberKev

He'd better be quick. The way things are going, we could end up with a hose pipe ban - and that would include all water pistols.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Grover is King!!!! He was my generations Elmo. On another note did anyone see the episode of Pinky and the Brain when the plot to take over the world was to become the focus of a loved childrens TV show. Then use a time machine to come back when the children had grown up and they would simply bow down to them. It was hella funny. They came back and got bashed for ruining their childhood because they went off air. This type of plot sounds like what Bert might be trying. But he has to be loved first.

weasel

First Grade
Elmo is my fave. Despite being 17 when it was released, Let's Pretend Elmo is still my favourite childhood toy. Shame I never owned one :cry: . His monster impersonation is the best.

JoeD

First Grade
I hated the Cookie Monster because his vocabulary was so limited

Speaking of limited vocab, remember the little aliens that only said, ". . . mmm, yup, yup, yup" faster and faster, they were my favourite.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i voted for Ernie.

He was alway my fav, still have my cherished childhood ernie toy, im told i wouldnt go anywhere without it. I love the way he and Bert talked, cracked me up everytime
Elmo was close 2nd because he talks in 3rd person, I LOVE WHEN PEOPLE TALK IN 3RD PERSON!
do it all the time, just to give people the shits!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AND yes every time that f**king Count come on i threw the remote at the tele! IMMA GONNA KILL YOU COUNT!
:twisted: :evil:

CyberKev

Staff member
Raider_69 said:
AND yes every time that f**king Count come on i threw the remote at the tele! IMMA GONNA KILL YOU COUNT!

CyberKev loves THE COUNT...

CyberKev also loves talking in the third person...

CyberKev is an odd fellow at times, but CyberKev loves CyberKev too...

Four... Four CyberKevs... Ha Ha Ha Ha

:lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
CyberKev said:
Raider_69 said:

CyberKev loves THE COUNT...

CyberKev also loves talking in the third person...

CyberKev is an odd fellow at times, but CyberKev loves CyberKev too...

:lol:

Raider_69 thinks CyberKev has an unhealthy fixation with himself
Raider_69 thinks CyberKev should see his shrink
:lol: :lol: :lol: