What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name your SOO team for 2021 - but there’s a catch...

SOO team Selections with a twist....

Name your SOO team for 2021... however
anyone / everyone who played in the 2020 series is ineligible for selection.....put the broom through them..

Mine for NSW...

Papenhuyzen
Trbojevic
Mitchell
Lomax
Ferguson
Luai
Reynolds
Vaughan
Verrills
Klemmer
Graham
T Sims
Radley

Bench

Jackson
James
Barnett
Bird

Coach
Trent Robinson
(Thankfully Not Brad Fittler, or Greg Alexander... )

Last edited:
Trbojevic
Pap
Mitchell
Lomax
To'o
Luai
Reynolds
Vaughan
Koroisau
Campbell-Gillard
Sims T
Pangai
Radley

Bird
Leota
Klemmer
Martin

Coach (current NRL head coaches not allowed?) John Morris

Strong team. Didn’t Campbell Gillard play a game last year? I thought he had but could be wrong - possible oversight from me.

Aside from that, this exercise shows me that NSW have outstanding talent n depth in the backs.... it’s the forwards gonna be the real test...

The_Frog

First Grade
Strong team. Didn’t Campbell Gillard play a game last year? I thought he had but could be wrong - possible oversight from me.

Aside from that, this exercise shows me that NSW have outstanding talent n depth in the backs.... it’s the forwards gonna be the real test...
No I don't think he did. And it was much tougher picking the forwards than the backs. So many forwards are from Pacific nations these days.

No I don't think he did. And it was much tougher picking the forwards than the backs. So many forwards are from Pacific nations these days.

True mate - I actually went through the club lists of panthers, Souths, Storm etc first, the top teams in looking at forwards... the backs were all pretty apparent to me but forwards were tough and... yes, so many Pacific Islanders....

Jason Maher

Immortal
1. Trbojevic
2. To'o
3. Crichton
4. Mitchell
5. Cotric
6. Gutherson
7. Luai
13. Radley
12. Graham
11. Pangai Junior
10. Vaughan
9. Korisau
8. Klemmer

14. Papenhuyzen
15. Campbell-Gillard
16. McLean
17. Sims

That halves combo is motivated by not picking Moses under any circumstances. I'd bring in Scott Drinkwater ahead of him.

As for the actual team I think they should name, since there isn't a thread for it:

1. Tedesco (c)
2. Addo-Carr
3. Mitchell
4. Wighton
5. Trbojevic
6. Luai
7. Cleary
13. Murray
12. Crichton
11. Pangai Junior
10. Haas
9. Cook
8. Saifiti

14. Papenhuyzen
15. Paulo
16. Trbojevic
17. Yeo

I wasn't aware Pangai Junior was eligible, but according to the NRL site he is, so in he goes. An absolute wrecking ball and a stand out in a woeful donkeys team.

Klemmer, Vaughan, and Campbell-Gillard are considerations, but I think Haas, Saifiti, and Paulo are ahead of them, and while his form hasn't been the best, Trbojevic is a proven Origin performer and can cover both prop and back row from the bench.

I'm undecided on who starts out of Murray and Yeo. I'm also 50/50 on Cook and Korisau. I don't mind either way. Went with Cook for the experience and continuity.

In the backline, I'd consider Crichton or To'o (Turbo to centre) in place of Simple Jack, and maybe Simple Jack at 6. Same options if Fatrell is unavailable.

1. Trbojevic
2. To'o
3. Crichton
4. Mitchell
5. Cotric
6. Gutherson
7. Luai
13. Radley
12. Graham
11. Pangai Junior
10. Vaughan
9. Korisau
8. Klemmer

14. Papenhuyzen
15. Campbell-Gillard
16. McLean
17. Sims

That halves combo is motivated by not picking Moses under any circumstances. I'd bring in Scott Drinkwater ahead of him.

As for the actual team I think they should name, since there isn't a thread for it:

1. Tedesco (c)
2. Addo-Carr
3. Mitchell
4. Wighton
5. Trbojevic
6. Luai
7. Cleary
13. Murray
12. Crichton
11. Pangai Junior
10. Haas
9. Cook
8. Saifiti

14. Papenhuyzen
15. Paulo
16. Trbojevic
17. Yeo

I wasn't aware Pangai Junior was eligible, but according to the NRL site he is, so in he goes. An absolute wrecking ball and a stand out in a woeful donkeys team.

Klemmer, Vaughan, and Campbell-Gillard are considerations, but I think Haas, Saifiti, and Paulo are ahead of them, and while his form hasn't been the best, Trbojevic is a proven Origin performer and can cover both prop and back row from the bench.

I'm undecided on who starts out of Murray and Yeo. I'm also 50/50 on Cook and Korisau. I don't mind either way. Went with Cook for the experience and continuity.

In the backline, I'd consider Crichton or To'o (Turbo to centre) in place of Simple Jack, and maybe Simple Jack at 6. Same options if Fatrell is unavailable.

Not a bad side mate - although Gutherson did play last year, centres. So what would you do in the halves there?

Re the actual NSW side - that's pretty strong. Interesting side note is that Klemmer has gone completely out of favour with everyone who I've seen on telly/radio picking their team..

Jason Maher

Immortal
Not a bad side mate - although Gutherson did play last year, centres. So what would you do in the halves there?

Re the actual NSW side - that's pretty strong. Interesting side note is that Klemmer has gone completely out of favour with everyone who I've seen on telly/radio picking their team..

That's how desperate to not pick Moses I was. I forgot Gutherson played last year. Move Luai to 6, bring in Drinkwater at 7. Which is what I had initially before I edited the team. ;) Would be Reynolds if he wasn't injured. Other option is Moylan at 6.

Last edited:

verticalsmile

Juniors
My team for State of Origin.

1. Tommy Turbo
2. Alex Johnson
3. Latrell Michell
4. Dylan Edwards
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard