What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name your team for 2012

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Cronulla- making it so we could have kelly, townsend and graham on at the same time.

1. N.Gardner
2. J.Williams
3. C.Best
4. S.Mills
5. N. Stapleton or M.Wright
6. A. Kelly
7. C.Townsend
8. B. Ross
9. J. Morris
10. P. Gallen (c)
11. J. Bakuya
12. J. Smith
13. W.Graham

14. B. Gibbs
15. A. Fifita
16. S. Tagataese
17. J. Robson/T. Peachey/ I. De Gois

The rest:
T. Peachey/ J. Robson/I. De gois
T.Frizell
Stapleton/ M.wright
Luetele
J. Green
M. Taufua

No offence, but that is a terrible backline.

azza18

Juniors
Brisbane Broncos

Signings
Petero Civoniceiva
Luke Capewell
Nick Slyney
Josh Starling

Losses
Darren Lockyer
Denan Kemp
Justin Hunt
Shea Moylan
Dane Carlaw ?

Squad
1. Josh Hoffman
2. Gerard Beale
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Corey Norman
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Petero Civoniceiva
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday (c)
13. Corey Parker

14. Matt Gillett
15. Ben Hunt
16. Josh McGuire
17. Ben Te'o

Dave Hala
Scott Anderson
Mitchell Dodds
Dunamis Lui
Kurt Baptiste
Nick Kenny
Dane Gagai
Dale Copley
Kurtis Lingwoodock
Mitchell Frei
Josh Starling
Luke Capewell
Nick Slyney
Aaron Whitchurch
Lachlan Maranta
Jordan Kahu

I remember reading that Capewell prefers playing five eighth, griffin might give him a chance there instead of norman.

1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. W Tonga
4. Loko
5. Sio
6. Roberts
7. Sandow
8. Mannah
9. Keating
10. Allgood
11. Hindmarsh
12. B Smith
13. Maitua

14. McGuire
15. Moimoi
16. Poore
17. Horo

+ Shakleton, Esi Tonga, Mortimer, Morgan, O'Hanlon, Tautai and Lasalo for depth.

This year we had one of the worst backlines in the comp but with Willie Tonga, Sandow and Hayne together we should do a bit better. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

I think Luke Burt could see himself on the outer pretty quickly with Esi Tonga putting pressure on him; especially with Sandow there to kick goals.

Rabbitohs6

Juniors
Souths Squad 2012:

1. Nathan Merritt
2. Dylan Farrell
3. Matt King
4. Greg Inglis
5. Chris McQueen
6. Todd Carney (possibly)
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Luke Burgess
9. Issac Luke
10. Roy Asotasi (c)
11. Sam Burgess
12. Dave Taylor
13. Michael Crocker (c)

14. Scott Geddes
15. George Burgess
16. Jason Clark
17. John Sutton

18. Nathan Peats
19. Dave Tyrell
20. Eddy Pettybourne
21. Ben Lowe
22. James Roberts
23. Adrian Ha'angana
24. Josh Mansour
25. Kane Morgan
26. Blake Judd
27. Ryan Carr
28. Justin Hunt
29. Keliti Vaingalo
30. Shaun Corrigan
31. Mal Webster
32. Deon Apps
33. Kieran Vale
34. Matt Mundine
35. Kurt French
36. Bennett Leslie

Souths Squad 2012:

1. Nathan Merritt
2. Dylan Farrell
3. Matt King
4. Greg Inglis
5. Chris McQueen
6. Todd Carney (possibly)
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Luke Burgess
9. Issac Luke
10. Roy Asotasi (c)
11. Sam Burgess
12. Dave Taylor
13. Michael Crocker (c)

14. Scott Geddes
15. George Burgess
16. Jason Clark
17. John Sutton

18. Nathan Peats
19. Dave Tyrell
20. Eddy Pettybourne
21. Ben Lowe
22. James Roberts
23. Adrian Ha'angana
24. Josh Mansour
25. Kane Morgan
26. Blake Judd
27. Ryan Carr
28. Justin Hunt
29. Keliti Vaingalo
30. Shaun Corrigan
31. Mal Webster
32. Deon Apps
33. Kieran Vale
34. Matt Mundine
35. Kurt French
36. Bennett Leslie

Easily the best forward pack in the comp :sarcasm:

perverse

Referee
i don't know why Knights fans are putting Costigan in the front row for the knights in 2012. Bennett played Costigan in the back row right up until it was absolutely necessary to put him up front, and Evarn had a much better year this year than Costigan actually playing in the front row. i almost think Snowden is less likely than Evarn to get a starting spot next year based purely on the fact that i'm sus on Snowys back injury. actually, Tuimavave was one of the dead set rocks in our pack all year. totally dependable and consistent... a work rate you could set your watch to.

ill be shocked if our first pick forward pack doesn't look like:

8. Snowden
9. Buderus
10. Tuimavave
11. Costigan/Houston
12. Taia
13. Houston/Costigan

14. Hilder
15. Edwards/Tetevano
16. Fa'aoso

i don't think Edwards has done enough to work his way any deeper into the pack than bench forward at this stage. was very handy for us this year, but he is still at least a class or 2 below the blokes in front of him. at least.

Rabbitohs6

Juniors
Wait..what? A realistic Souths supporter? I like you. No homo.

hahaha thanks mate, just that its pretty true that were not... Asotasi partnered in the front row with a bloke who's got about 11 NRL games under his belt... ? Sam Burgess and DT are good back rowers but not the best. And Issac Luke is a great player but questionable as a hooker at times... good pack when its on the field, but not the best.

Eels Dude

Coach
I think Luke Burt could see himself on the outer pretty quickly with Esi Tonga putting pressure on him; especially with Sandow there to kick goals.

I don't know about that. Esi is nearly 24 and hasn't even proven himself as a regular first grader yet. I'd say the only reason we signed him was so that he could lure his brother over too.

I don't know about that. Esi is nearly 24 and hasn't even proven himself as a regular first grader yet. I'd say the only reason we signed him was so that he could lure his brother over too.

I think you're right but Burt's not getting any younger and recently it's seemed like the only reason he was being picked was for goal kicking. With Sandow here we won't rely on him for that so much now.

I do like Burt, but he's becoming a passenger in defence and is shit under the high ball.

Eels Dude

Coach
I think you're right but Burt's not getting any younger and recently it's seemed like the only reason he was being picked was for goal kicking. With Sandow here we won't rely on him for that so much now.

I do like Burt, but he's becoming a passenger in defence and is shit under the high ball.

I think the thing with Burt is that a lot of people under-estimate his importance to the side. His level headedness and extra playmaking and support play is invaluable. There was an article a couple of months ago which just pointed out stuff you miss in games and Luke Burt runs more support lines than any other player in the game bar a couple. He's one of those guys that can seem to read a game too which is handy when most footy players these days can't even spell or speak basic english.

I do agree with you to a point. He certainly doesn't fit the ideal of a current RL winger but he does offer a lot that goes unnoticed hence why he's played 240 odd first grade games despite being not your ideal footballer.

perverse

Referee
Burt is so under-rated by almost everyone. Such a great football player, great footy brain. probably could have made a fist of most backline positions.

timka4

Bench
1. N.Gardner
2. J.Williams
3. C.Best
4. S.Mills
5. N. Stapleton or M.Wright
6. A. Kelly
7. C.Townsend
8. B. Ross
9. J. Morris
10. P. Gallen (c)
11. J. Bakuya
12. J. Smith
13. W.Graham

14. B. Gibbs
15. A. Fifita
16. S. Tagataese
17. J. Robson/T. Peachey/ I. De Gois

The rest:
T. Peachey/ J. Robson/I. De gois
T.Frizell
Stapleton/ M.wright
Luetele
J. Green
M. Taufua
The worst backline in the comp, another struggle year for the sharks I think.

Townsend, and Kelly have shown some ability, and I like Gardner, but the rest are garbage.

Also I'd definitely start De Gois and play Morris as utility off the bench. Mark Taufua should be there over Tagataese, much better player.

I think the thing with Burt is that a lot of people under-estimate his importance to the side. His level headedness and extra playmaking and support play is invaluable. There was an article a couple of months ago which just pointed out stuff you miss in games and Luke Burt runs more support lines than any other player in the game bar a couple. He's one of those guys that can seem to read a game too which is handy when most footy players these days can't even spell or speak basic english.

I do agree with you to a point. He certainly doesn't fit the ideal of a current RL winger but he does offer a lot that goes unnoticed hence why he's played 240 odd first grade games despite being not your ideal footballer.

He's definitely a smart player. But how much playmaking can you do from the wing? And as long as we adopt this "structured" style of play Kearney has us using his support play is almost redundant, although that might change next year obviously.

As dumb as it sounds if Roberts has a rough time at 6 i wouldn't be against giving Burt some time there, considering how well he did in that last game against the Titans in the halves. In saying that, it was only the Titans.