What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name your team for 2012

Inglis#3

Juniors
1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa
3. Dane Neilsen
4. Maurice Blair
5. Justin O'Neil
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Sika Manu
13. Ryan Hoffman

14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. Jaiman Lowe
16. Sisova Vave
17. Tohu Harris

18. Matt Duffie
19. Todd Lowrie
20. Mahe Fonu
21. Rory Kostjasyn
22. Kenny Bromwich
23. Michael Greenfield
24. Luke Kelly
25. Jack Afamasaga

Eels Dude

Coach
He's definitely a smart player. But how much playmaking can you do from the wing? And as long as we adopt this "structured" style of play Kearney has us using his support play is almost redundant, although that might change next year obviously.

As dumb as it sounds if Roberts has a rough time at 6 i wouldn't be against giving Burt some time there, considering how well he did in that last game against the Titans in the halves. In saying that, it was only the Titans.

Good points. Him playing on the wing hasn't stopped him from playmaking in the past though. It hasn't stopped him kicking the odd 40/20 or field goal, putting that long kick in, or filling in at first receiver when required. Unless you're attacking in the opposition's 20 wingers generally play a roaming role in attack these days so sort of shift to where they need to be.

I agree with you on the structure thing. It doesn't help his game but hopefully next year with a creative halfback and a five eigthth than can actually throw a pass we'll have a bit more flamboyance to our side and that way himself and Hayne won't overplay their hands too much.

perverse

Referee
there's nothing wrong with a winger coming in field to do a bit of work and/or backing up. most the best wingers find new ways to get involved in play. think Blacklock. watch Aku Uates game evolve. it's a pretty big misconception that wingers have to sit on their wing and catch a cold.

i agree with Eels Dude, wingers can be a lot more than the bloke that catches the ball on the end of a backline movement. that is certainly one of their roles, but needn't be their only.

Nah definitely, if i was coach i would be encouraging Burt to come in field. He would easily have been our second best playmaker last season, behind Hayne.

In recent years Burt would tend to wander infield to get involved but last year it seemed he was doing this less and less. Maybe thats just me though. If i am right i'm assuming it's again down to the structures that Kearney is trying to put in place.

Mig2006

Juniors
1. Matt Bowen
2. Kalifa Fai Fai Loa
3. Brent Tate
4. Antonio Winterstein
5. Ash Graham
6. Ray Thompson
7. Jonathan Thurston
8. Matt Scott
9. James Segeyaro
10. James Tamou
11. Tariq Sims
12. Gavin Cooper
13. Dallas Johnson

14. Aaron Payne
15. Scott Bolton
16. Glenn Hall
17. Jason Taumololo

18. Kane Linnett
19. Ashton Sims
20. Isaak Ah Mau
21. Corey Paterson
22. Joel Reithmuller
23. Ricky Thorby
24. Ben Jones
25. Moses Pangai

Last edited:
1. Matt Bowen
2. Kalifa Fai Fai Loa
3. Brent Tate
4. Antonio Winterstein
5. Ash Graham
6. Ray Thompson
7. Jonathan Thurston
8. Matt Scott
9. James Segeyaro
10. James Tamou
11. Tariq Sims
12. Gavin Cooper
13. Dallas Johnson

14. Aaron Payne
15. Scott Bolton
16. Glenn Hall
17. Jason Taumololo

18. Kane Linnett
19. Ashton Sims
20. Isaak Ah Mau
21. Corey Paterson
22. Joel Reithmuller
23. Ricky Thorby
24. Ben Jones
25. Moses Pangai

If you guys are going to have a big season i think Ray Thompson will have to have a good year.

Obviously all the pressure is on Thurston to perform but everyone knows he will. It'll be the players around him that will have to step up and obviously that includes his halves partner, whoever that is throughout the season. That's how i see it anyway.

Mig2006

Juniors
If you guys are going to have a big season i think Ray Thompson will have to have a good year.

Obviously all the pressure is on Thurston to perform but everyone knows he will. It'll be the players around him that will have to step up and obviously that includes his halves partner, whoever that is throughout the season. That's how i see it anyway.

And that's how it has been for the past few years to be honest.....

M2D2

Bench
1. N.Gardner
2. J.Williams
3. C.Best
4. S.Mills
5. N. Stapleton(I. Gordon if found not guilty/not fired)
6. A. Kelly
7. C.Townsend
8. B. Ross
9. I. De Gois
10. B. Gibbs
11. P. Gallen (c)
12. J. Smith
13. W.Graham

14. J. Bakuya
15. A. Fifita
16. S. Tagataese
17. J. Morris

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I like that team, except I expect Ukuma to feature as Bluey is into aggressive forwards.

Presuming Tupou leaves of course, Fish could make a great winger if he chucks a few more kilos on his frame. He's great under the high ball and has electric speed, while not having much in the way of ball playing ability = excellent finishing winger. Locke has more finesse in his game and will always keep the fullback spot because of that.

With Omar, Meads, Tuimavavae amongst an insane amount of hugely talented juniors coming through, we will be feeding a number of NRL clubs in the next couple of years. Our first grade team is so young that we will REALLY struggle to retain many of them.

You think Luck's spot is in danger then? Maybe Taylor at 13, Ukuma on the bench?

We're going to lose a lot of very good juniors from hereon in, and it's a good thing bizarrely enough. We are producing so many great young talents, it's not possible to keep them.

Charlie124

First Grade
1. Matt Bowen
2. Kalifa Fai Fai Loa
3. Brent Tate
4. Antonio Winterstein
5. Ash Graham
6. Ray Thompson
7. Jonathan Thurston
8. Matt Scott
9. James Segeyaro
10. James Tamou
11. Tariq Sims
12. Gavin Cooper
13. Dallas Johnson

14. Aaron Payne
15. Scott Bolton
16. Glenn Hall
17. Jason Taumololo

18. Kane Linnett
19. Ashton Sims
20. Isaak Ah Mau
21. Corey Paterson
22. Joel Reithmuller
23. Ricky Thorby
24. Ben Jones
25. Moses Pangai

Pretty sure i read somewhere that both Ah Mau boys wont be there next year, also Luke Harlen has apparently impressed big time in the Q Cup or wherever he's been and has been offered a contract so i guess hes in the 25.