What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Naming of NSW Side on Sunday.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
By naming the NSW side on Monday, surely it would have some impact on the players that are selected.

If you were a player selected for NSW you would be abit more careful not to get injured so you can play origin.

At the end of the day there will be players that will allready know they are playing Origin like Soward, Gasnier, Boyd and Watmough but if someone like Hunt or Prior get picked surely it would affect the way they approach the game. They would not want to miss such a big occaison. Possibly their biggest chance to crack reps.

The timing of this game is poor. Should be a Friday night or Sunday game for sure. Do you think this Manly v NRL is the reason. How many Monday night games have they had. NRL trying to show who is boss by not giving them any games prime time when they can make more cash.

big pat

Coach
By naming the NSW side on Monday, surely it would have some impact on the players that are selected.

If you were a player selected for NSW you would be abit more careful not to get injured so you can play origin.

At the end of the day there will be players that will allready know they are playing Origin like Soward, Gasnier, Boyd and Watmough but if someone like Hunt or Prior get picked surely it would affect the way they approach the game. They would not want to miss such a big occaison. Possibly their biggest chance to crack reps.

The timing of this game is poor. Should be a Friday night or Sunday game for sure. Do you think this Manly v NRL is the reason. How many Monday night games have they had. NRL trying to show who is boss by not giving them any games prime time when they can make more cash.

matts first priorrity should be to st george.

Divine

Bench
BMoz will be rightfully pissed if not picked. Mind you , he'll have a blinder Mon night if so.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Glen Stewart will get gig if Scott's not fit and I'm hoping his brother is named too.
I can't see Matt being up to origin and I'd like Manly to contribute its share to the rep games

nrlnrl

First Grade
Let us hope the new NRL commission takes back control of the game.

Even when they follow the lead of other sports competitions around the world & lock in days & times for all / the majority of the season, there will be complaints. Some people will expect the best games of the round to be on Friday night, but by using this method it will be impossible to produce top games or even games between leading sides each round.

Face it - there will never be a perfect season draw.

However, I believe scheduling for the season ( or even up to the last round or 2 ) is much better than the current method. Spreading the teams around across the different days & times is much fairer than having teams playing a ridiculous percentage on the same day & time eg Broncos who will have 15 of their first 19 games on Friday nights. It also will provide variety for viewers & more exposure on FTA for sponsors.

RedVDave

First Grade
I have a feeling Dean Young will be recalled to play lock/second row as I believe NSW have a few injuries in that department.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Team will be the same roughly until Jennings, Creagh and Scott prove fitness.

I do know for a fact that when I saw Craig Young in the build-up to GameII he was mighty annoyed that his son was not there as I talked to him quickly...poor bloke. Deano was good but I think Sticky sees more in Gids/Ennis. Great player nonetheless.

It's the Manly conspiracy anything for Gallop the Roosters supporter to burn Manly more.....

big pat

Coach
if the cowardly lyon did sook about playing for the blues, he would be there, in good form at the moment, and stewart would be my fullback, no matter hasler spin is.