What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Napa sin bin

What should the refs have done?

• Send-off

Votes: 39 36.4%
  • Sin-bin

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • On report and penalty

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • Scrum to roosters

Votes: 33 30.8%

• Total voters

Valheru

Coach
Agree. I think its 2 things
1)is the reckless/careless/intentional part which is a penalty because of the contact with the head. I get that & have no issue
2)sin binning that clash sets a precedent. Are they now going to do that as standard? The sin bin will increase by plenty if they do.

No

And that is the issue

some11

Referee
Tried to put on a big shot, failed, and got binned.

Learn from it Dylan.

DdekO7IVAAA2WBg.jpg

Saxon

Bench
Robinson, what a wanker.
Blaming Sims for stepping left to try and avoid being smashed.

It wasn't one of those circumstantial head clashes - this came directly from Napa's poor (intentional or not) technique.

Valheru

Coach
There’s less controversy(IMO)if Sutton sends him off under the ‘attacking the head of an opponent’. That’s what you would expect. But a sin bin?

Tend to agree actually. If he thought it was intentional contact to the head, send him. Otherwise penalty only.

Valheru

Coach
It was an allegory, and I couldn't care less when it was last enforced.

Rules are rules, people get shitty when they aren't enforced then get shitty when they are.

No we just want consistency and that hasn't been a sin bin in the modern era and there won't be another one like it this year.

insert.pause

First Grade
He shot out of the line and launched himself blind & head first into Sims, it's absolutely reckless. The defender has to be responsible for contact with the head, sin bin may be debated, but to label it an everyday accidental head clash, as ch9 have, is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Haffa

The standard has been set I look forward it being consistently called that way from now on. Although I do fear the idiots near me at the ground who yell "get em onside" for 80 minutes will now yell for a sin bin after every reportable offence.

Valheru

Coach
Robinson, what a wanker.
Blaming Sims for stepping left to try and avoid being smashed.

It wasn't one of those circumstantial head clashes - this came directly from Napa's poor (intentional or not) technique.

Opacic had a poor technique. Hit fergo head first in the knee and could well have blown the knee out. Not even a penalty.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I immediately thought vilisanti on webcke

I would like someone to explain to me how it was any different to this

Villa played for the Kangaroos partly because of this

David Kidwell arguably became Kiwis coach partly because he Napa’d Willie Mason

Headclashes used to be cool

Rosetta

Juniors
The slowmo's and still shots are absolutely pointless - Sims changes his angle and compacts his frame just before contact - without doing this Napa's head is to the right of his upper body and he gets tackled across the top of his chest. Whilst Napa's technique at times can let him down there was nothing wrong here, just Sims saw Napa bolt at him and tried to avoid it but ended up making it worse, accidents happen.

The refereeing was your typical overreaction, but they'll never give up a chance to blow their whistle in this league so good for them.

no name

Coach
Napa has a reputation of being a dirty player hence why he was put on report on suspicion by referee Sutton.
If I was referee this game he would have been sent off.
The dirty thug always looks to deliberately hurt other players.
That’s the way to ref.
Forget the rules and adjudicate on reputation.

Latest posts