What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan and Jason Cayless

Hellsy

Immortal
Oh Mrs Cayless :cry: :cry:

My best ever memory of her was one night at the pub she let rip about issues that upset her to Fitzy and Mick Vella had to try and remove her :LOL:

This lady was all heart and passion for her boys, they were her life and I dont think I have met a prouder parent ever.

She will be sorely missed and my heart goes out to Nath, Jay and Mr Cayless as well as the extended family and people like Hindy, Blake, Mick Vella who also saw Mrs Cayless as a mother figure in their lives.

Condolences to all, and most importantly Rest In Peace Marlene - your shining light will not fade while your passion lives on in your boys

eels_fan

First Grade
My deepest condolences to Nathan, Jason and their family.

I remember meeting Marlene and her husband about 6 years ago at Parra Stadium when my fathers company had a table in the corporate lounge. She sat and our table and seemed like such a friendly, bubbly person and greatly devoted mother.

Such tragic news to hear.

May she rest in peace....

Nikki

Coach
Oh man, I have been crying on and off all arvo with Blakes mum who was her neighbour and close friend.

Marlene was 56 years old and passed after fighting lung cancer. Im not too sure how long she was sick for. I found out just after Origin 1 I think. Nath has been granted leave but Mum, true Parra supporter to the end, said that she wanted Nath to play. It would be a very hard decision for him to make. I just pray that if he did chose to play (altho I highly doubt it) we would all respect his decision to do so and not question it.

I know I will miss seeing her around the back after games. Looking up at Nath as he walked the stairs to the media room, yellin to all who would listen "Thats my son! The Parramatta Captain!"

For our lil group, I passed a card onto Mrs Green to pass on to the family offering our condolenses.

RIP Marlene Cayless. You were a proud and honourable woman and will be sadly missed :(

Hellsy

Immortal
Thanks Niks, was gunna suggest something like that so thanks for doing it on our behalf

dazeely

First Grade
Nikki said:
Oh man, I have been crying on and off all arvo with Blakes mum who was her neighbour and close friend.

Marlene was 56 years old and passed after fighting lung cancer. Im not too sure how long she was sick for. I found out just after Origin 1 I think. Nath has been granted leave but Mum, true Parra supporter to the end, said that she wanted Nath to play. It would be a very hard decision for him to make. I just pray that if he did chose to play (altho I highly doubt it) we would all respect his decision to do so and not question it.

I know I will miss seeing her around the back after games. Looking up at Nath as he walked the stairs to the media room, yellin to all who would listen "Thats my son! The Parramatta Captain!"

For our lil group, I passed a card onto Mrs Green to pass on to the family offering our condolenses.

RIP Marlene Cayless. You were a proud and honourable woman and will be sadly missed :(

well said niks................ RIP Mrs Cayless

Nikki

Coach
Hellsy said:
Thanks Niks, was gunna suggest something like that so thanks for doing it on our behalf

Was thinking also maybe a donation to the Cancer Foundation in Marlenes name..

Hellsy

Immortal
Yeah, Im sure the family would prefer that in leiu of flowers.
Wonder if something can be set-up online like the shave for a cure setup

eels_fan_01

Bench
I dont know Nathan personally but obviously he would be very upset but if it were me id want to be playing footy just to keep my mind off it.

Nikki

Coach
Yeah, I guess its a decision we could never make until we were in that position. I will support his decision no matter what. But probably bawl my eyes out if he does take the field..

rowdy

First Grade
:(

thanks nikki

I know it's been said before, but she came across as such a nice, friendly person. And a very very proud mother.

Condolences to Mr Cayless, Nathan, Jason and the whole family, including the Parramatta club. :(

Latest posts