What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Brown

Gus states that Nathan Brown not a good coach, and that he has no idea what he is doing, he also stated they the boys should be help him.

Gus is such a hypocrite!!

ozzy_ozman

Juniors
Knights_fan13 said:
Gus states that Nathan Brown not a good coach, and that he has no idea what he is doing, he also stated they the boys should be help him.

umm... how long has it taken you to find out that he is a hypocrite?

well i've never really heard him make such blunt statements before, I seriously thought it was a lil harsh of him to make that comment on the first game of the season. :twisted:

Stranger

Coach
Are you kidding me? The Coach and the conditioner should be sacked.

Gus made a valid point and that is Dragons do have the best playing roster so why are they playing so crap?.

Yeah Dragons are higher postioned last year than previous years but so they bloddy well should be i mean with the players they have they should have atleast minor premiers next to there name.

Bomber

Bench
Melbourne next week at Wollongong for the Dragons.

Is it going to get worse before it gets better?

Quite amazing that people are talking about sacking the coach after one game, although Souths proved that anything is possible and nothing is sacred.

Dog-E

Juniors
It's a tad unfair...Saints have been failing to deliver on their potential for a LOT longer than Brown has been responsible for them!

Problem for him is - Brown will ALWAYS be under a certain amount of unfair pressure at St. George, whenever they happen to lose a couple on the trot - as he is too closely & recently inextricably linked to the club, administration (Particularly to CEO Peter Doust, where cries of favouritism will always be levelled at him by certain sections) & to the players he is coaching...And that RIDICULOUS slapping incident a couple of years ago didn't help his overall struggle for credibility ONE BIT at all!...I think if he had his time all over again - he would VERY happily & gladly take back that brief moment of sheer - and all too public - insanity!...No matter how long he goes on for - It's all some people will EVER remember him for!

Simple fact of the current moment is though - Without 3 of their absolute guns Barrett, Gaz & Ryles tonight, Saints were ALWAYS going to struggle!...To out & out blame the coach for this one is a bit rich!

Could always be worse though - they could still have Brian Smith in charge!!!! :oops: :lol: Silver linings and all that, eh?? ;-)

knights04

Bench
The last time Dragons played without Barrett they played one of the most entertaining low scoring battles vs Roosters despite losing 11-8. It was a high scoring loss and it's the Bulldogs who were just too good rather than Dragons missing key personel.

miketyson

Juniors
Tonight was the hardest game Saints will have to play in the 26 premiership rounds..

Away against the premiers , There is no harder task.

Foz

Bench
Extend Brown's contract.
Show some faith Saints.
Keep him there for life.
At least Doust looked pretty happy when Head scored.
Not the look I'd expect when your side was being flogged.
Better keep him there as well.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
The dogs were awesome at times last night. I thought the saints did quite a good job after the initial blitzqreig.

ForestDragon

Juniors
miketyson said:
Tonight was the hardest game Saints will have to play in the 26 premiership rounds..

Away against the premiers , There is no harder task.

Spot on,was always going to be one of their toughest games of the season.Got to show they can bounce back next week,that,s the real test.

Brown is not a great coach...he is one of the lads and the Dragons need a coach who is hardnosed and will coach the players to full potential.

:?

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I don't believe the Saints would even consider it. I'm a supporter of coaches being given entire seasons to get out the best they can over a team.

People are far to quick at blaming everything on the coach.

BTW... If I was coach, and I caught a mole, he would be shaking hands with PL coach each week for the remainder of the season/contract.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Stranger said:
Are you kidding me? The Coach and the conditioner should be sacked.

Gus made a valid point and that is Dragons do have the best playing roster so why are they playing so crap?.

Yeah Dragons are higher postioned last year than previous years but so they bloddy well should be i mean with the players they have they should have atleast minor premiers next to there name.

Is this some kind of "say it often enough & it becomes true" mantra?? Saints have an above-average list but I wouldn't class them as "the best"...

Jimbo

Immortal
Knights_fan13 said:

What Gould was saying is that Brown has potential to be a good coach, and should be given a chance. I think when he said Brown is not a good coach was a slip of the tongue.

Having said that, Brown is a goose and Gould is a merkin...

Jamesy

Juniors
I think the only problem is that Brown was brought into the NRL coaching scene too early, he coached Jersey Flegg to one premiership and then he was brought straight into NRL. I believe he was a little wet behind the ears for taking on such a big job, another couple of years coaching in the lower grades would have seen him a better coach now.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Wezman007 said:
I think the only problem is that Brown was brought into the NRL coaching scene too early, he coached Jersey Flegg to one premiership and then he was brought straight into NRL. I believe he was a little wet behind the ears for taking on such a big job, another couple of years coaching in the lower grades would have seen him a better coach now.

You are possibly right, Wez. Saints are also a club where public expectation is very high, there isn't much room for error...

They should stick with him...is there anyone else in the club who could do any better... And if they went outside the club, who would they get at this stage of the year??

The Dogs' first half last night was pretty awesome, the first 30 minutes especially..any team would have had issues regardless if Jesus Christ was coaching them