What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Cleary - any good?

maple_69

Bench
I think most would rate him as an incredibly steady half who has done an exceptional amount for his age. The only conjecture is whether he has what it takes to become a great or he goes on to plateau as a good club half.

I’m confident that his composure, strong defence and fantastic attitude will see him consistently outperform the other halves of his generation. Other guys will peak and trough around him. If Penrith can put the right couple of more dynamic guys around him, he could be a great. Sounds familiar.

T-Boon

Coach
I’m confident that his composure, strong defence and fantastic attitude will see him consistently outperform the other halves of his generation. Other guys will peak and trough around him. If Penrith can put the right couple of more dynamic guys around him, he could be a great. Sounds familiar.

It is a bit of a shame that those are the coveted attributes in a half in 2018 but what can you do.

GongPanther

Referee
Prior to Cleary signing with Penrith and all signs pointed to him signing with Wests: f**k yeah, great player, future immortal.

After signing with Penrith and Ivan leaving Wests: f**k him, he's a dud, not worth the money.
lol...I can't remember that,but I'll always understand the bitterness from the Wests supporters after the events from the past few months. When Fittler left us as well as Brandy and Geyer (after a more serious incident) I was very bitter,but understanding. Life goes on.

lol...I can't remember that,but I'll always understand the bitterness from the Wests supporters after the events from the past few months. When Fittler left us as well as Brandy and Geyer (after a more serious incident) I was very bitter,but understanding. Life goes on.

A few Tigers fans have had that opinion.

In all honesty, if Cleary came to Wests I would have been far from upset at the outcome. The likelihood would have been though that Brooks would have been lost to accommodate him or Reynolds would be offloaded with a decent fare being paid by Wests are obvious downsides, and so after years of subsidising players to play elsewhere I am glad in some respects that it didn't eventuate as there would have been a cost somewhere.

Obviously pissed at Cleary Snr for the way things went down but the Tigers landed on their feet for once in our sorry existence. I'd probably feel a hell of a lot more ire if we wound up with a shit coach. The sting was probably compounded a lot more for Tigers fans also after watching Tedesco and Woods leave and go on to play in the finals series as well. We're carrying a pretty big chip on our shoulders at the moment, very much a scorned ex in many respects.

No denying it though, Nathan is a talented kid, and still only very young. I agree that he wasn't pivotal to the success of NSW this year, merely did his job in supporting Maloney where he had to and didn't let the team down in defence, but I expect him to grow into a primary role in years to come.

GongPanther

Referee
A few Tigers fans have had that opinion.

In all honesty, if Cleary came to Wests I would have been far from upset at the outcome. The likelihood would have been though that Brooks would have been lost to accommodate him or Reynolds would be offloaded with a decent fare being paid by Wests are obvious downsides, and so after years of subsidising players to play elsewhere I am glad in some respects that it didn't eventuate as there would have been a cost somewhere.

Obviously pissed at Cleary Snr for the way things went down but the Tigers landed on their feet for once in our sorry existence. I'd probably feel a hell of a lot more ire if we wound up with a shit coach. The sting was probably compounded a lot more for Tigers fans also after watching Tedesco and Woods leave and go on to play in the finals series as well. We're carrying a pretty big chip on our shoulders at the moment, very much a scorned ex in many respects.

No denying it though, Nathan is a talented kid, and still only very young. I agree that he wasn't pivotal to the success of NSW this year, merely did his job in supporting Maloney where he had to and didn't let the team down in defence, but I expect him to grow into a primary role in years to come.
The silver lining to this is that your club IS on the up,and will be very competitive for years to come. I have this feeling that once you get that 2019 1st round game out of the way,things will be back to normal.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Nathan Cleary chose to go on an end of season trip instead of getting surgery. He has now had surgery late and will most of the pre season. Now with his Dad in charge he knows he can do whatever he wants, even if it’s to the detriment of the team. Panthers will be wishing for Luke Walsh before too long.

mxlegend99

Referee
Nathan Cleary chose to go on an end of season trip instead of getting surgery. He has now had surgery late and will most of the pre season. Now with his Dad in charge he knows he can do whatever he wants, even if it’s to the detriment of the team. Panthers will be wishing for Luke Walsh before too long.
We got a fair bit of experience playing with 12 in 2018 with all the sin binnings we had. So we would probably be better equipped to carry him than any other team.

But I would rather just field 12 to be honest.

T-Boon

Coach

It sounds like he has a bad attitude.

TheFrog

Coach
That's why your lot were chasing him, huh?

Latest posts