What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Hindmarsh snubbed big offers to stay an Eel

thedux

Juniors
I've been in Shack's ear for the last 12 months about coming to Parra and he seems pretty happy at the roosters so I doubt he'll come cheap. Still, he's a marked improvement on what we already have!!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The love shack would be a great pick up, say what you like about Fitzy he did play for Australia last year and he has gone alright for the chooks this year. They are heaps better than what we have ATM bar Fui and Hindy.

bartman

Immortal
So they gave him permission to leave at the end of this year?
Thats crazy, can you imagine the morale of the fans.
Yeah, just picking up on that... obviously only some players are interested in taking the money in England, and it does mean uprooting your family if you have one, or girlfriend or whatever.

So if we are hoping the club "shops around" some players under contrat to free up some space to buy in some better performing players to our squad, we could be in for a long wait...

Hindy obviously didn't want to go, and committed to another two years (plus next year) at the Eels. Good on him, and I hope that as he reaches the end of his career injuries don't force him out prematurely, as they do with a lot of guys (Sterlo, A Johns...).

I assume Hindy signed for a reduced salary as well, reading between the lines of being given permission to get out early, and given his rep days now appear over. Probably same chat that was had with Finch, but a very different reaction from a player of class.

SDM

First Grade
I think part of the 2 year contract, would have been where a portion of the 2010 money has to be moved to the final 2 years.

bartman

Immortal
Ah, that's right... I think they said somewhere else they had to back end it a bit, shifting that money for next year so we can spend some.

caylo

Bench
Well if we can pick up a few players... Poore is out of the question (400K i would give to Petro or Price... Poore can go jump), OMealy, Shak or Fitzy. Someone like J.Cayless if he wants to head home or even Kidwell (if his out of contract). If we picked up Shak and Fitzy; i would be happy with:

Cayless
Keating
Fui
Hindy
Shak
Fitzy

Hauraki/Smith
Galovou
Paulo
Mannah

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
No one has mentioned Matthew Scott from the cowboys, haven't seen him play this year however I think his stats over the last couple of games shows he has been making 100+ metres per game. Has played state of orgin, is young maybe around Poore's age and would be a lot cheaper.

Stagger eel

Staff member
No one has mentioned Matthew Scott from the cowboys, haven't seen him play this year however I think his stats over the last couple of games shows he has been making 100+ metres per game. Has played state of orgin, is young maybe around Poore's age and would be a lot cheaper.

I mentioned him with Learoyd-Lahs...

would love to have him in the side.

Phillips

Referee
Matthew Scott really hasnt come on since he made his qld debut.. i'd take him though.. alot better than lowrie/smith

Admiral Awesome

Juniors
Ben Smith has played like 3 games in the backrow for us... the game against the Cowboys his defense was superb. What more do half you tools want? Everyman in the squad to be a superstar? His doing his role well.

As for Lowrie, thats another matter.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ben Smith has played like 3 games in the backrow for us... the game against the Cowboys his defense was superb. What more do half you tools want? Everyman in the squad to be a superstar? His doing his role well.

As for Lowrie, thats another matter.

Do your Hypocrite-O's taste better with milk or tears?

caylo

Bench
NATHAN HINDMARSH says the chance to become a one-club man is behind his decision to extend his career at Parramatta.
The Eels will officially re-sign Hindmarsh and boom prop Tim Mannah on two-year extensions this week and are hopeful of adding St George Illawarra's Justin Poore to their engine room. Mannah, a former Australian Schoolboys prop and captain in the National Youth Competition, is rated an integral part of the side's forward pack.
Poore, the man of the match in the Dragons' dramatic win against the Bulldogs on Friday night, is weighing up whether to stay put or shift to Parramatta or Cronulla.
The Sharks are on the financial brink but it's understood the Sharks Leagues Club has taken the extraordinary step of guaranteeing Poore the offer it is tabling, which is $900,000 over three years. The Eels - who are close to re-signing promising NYC players Taniela Lasalo, Anthony Mitchell and Mitchell Johnson - will also table a competitive offer to Poore.
The Perth-born prop, a leading contender for a NSW jersey, is the biggest-name forward on the open market after Brisbane's David Taylor signed with Souths during the week.
Meanwhile, Hindmarsh said there were "a few things to sort out" but his contract renewal is a fait accompli, despite lucrative interest from two British Super League clubs.
"The club's been good to me," Hindmarsh said. "I love it there, it's where I started my career, so hopefully I can finish it there … hopefully everything will be done and dusted [this week]."
Hindmarsh will become the most-capped Eels player next season, eclipsing the record of 265 set by legendary five-eighth Brett Kenny. "It's something you don't look at, but if you get there it would be a nice honour until someone else gets there," he said.
He said he was more concerned about winning an elusive premiership than personal milestones.
For the first time in his career, Hindmarsh will wear white boots in today's Heritage round clash against Manly. The boots will be auctioned to raise money for Can Assist and the Westmead Children's Hospital.
smh

Well it looks like Mannah will also be staying on which is a great thing IMO, and Poore offer looks to be about 300K is more likley what his worth IMO, although I do understand alot of these numbers are pure speculation.

I hope we can get Shakleton aswell as Poore, I would be estatic if that occured (I know dont get to ahead of myself)