What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

National Anthem

Ausguy

Coach
That rendition of the anthem by that guy was absolutely awful.

Kudos to him being 17 and having the guts to do it

But he butchered it.

Who cares, really? He's a 17 year old kid doing his best. And it wasn't that terrible anyway, just not the best.

It's one of those things people love to whinge about that has no bearing on the sport or the game or anything.

Meth

Staff member
He was 17? I thought he was in his 40's and won a raffle to do it

wittyfan

Referee
The national anthem should just be restricted to Julie Anthony, Mark Vincent and Jessica Mauboy for these sorts of events imo.

moik

Bench
Who cares, really? He's a 17 year old kid doing his best. And it wasn't that terrible anyway, just not the best.

It's one of those things people love to whinge about that has no bearing on the sport or the game or anything.
agree. It's the worst national anthem on the planet. That can't help.

Ausguy

Coach
Wasnt that terrible east coast?

it was absolutely awful.

it was wayyyyyy toooooo slowwwww and he was spuiked as some teen genius performer.

Either he has no talent or nerves got him.

I do have pride in my country. And I think bagging off a young Australian who stood up and sang the anthem in front of millions of people at 17 years of age is just uneccessary. I think Aussies would generally think he deserves some credit for having a go and certainly not highlighted for not being the best singer ever. I think that's having pride in your country, and a fellow Australian, a young one at that.

Ausguy

Coach

But he butchered it.

I do have pride in my country. And I think bagging off a young Australian who stood up and sang the anthem in front of millions of people at 17 years of age is just uneccessary. I think Aussies would generally think he deserves some credit for having a go and certainly not highlighted for not being the best singer ever. I think that's having pride in your country, and a fellow Australian, a young one at that.

I gave him credit for that.

Doesnt change the fact he did a bad job of it.

Mr Fourex

Bench

But he butchered it.

He sure did......

Didn't realise he was only 17, still

that was pretty bad.

I thought at one stage he was going to stop singing.......embarrassing.

deluded pom?

Coach
agree. It's the worst national anthem on the planet. That can't help.

Try listening to the dirge we have to put up with. AAF is at least about your country rather than God and a monarch. I'm an atheist anti monarchist so it does absolutely zip for me.

Latest posts