What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

National Under-20s Signings for 2008

girvie

Staff member
Luke Kelly is a five-eighth who played with the Magpies SG Ball team this year.

girvie

Staff member
North Queensland have signed Dane Hogan. He is a prop from the Illawarra SG Ball team. He is originally from Qld.

Swamprat

Juniors
philstorm said:
Can you tell me anything about him, Swamprat?

What kind of player is he?

Yeah Luke is a half or 5/8 from Katherine in the NT , was a possible/probable for last years NSW U/17s but was edged out by Mitchell Pearce.
Has played SG ball for Wests for the last 2 years and I was suprised that WTs have let him go.
Really good kid too.

nadera78

Juniors
Gold Coast Titans
Phil Dumelow - 18 year old winger from the West Coast, New Zealand. Been playing in Qld.

girvie

Staff member
The Roosters have signed Mose Masoe from Wellington.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4112876a1823.html

Giant Naenae College teenager Mose Masoe is set to become Wellington's latest National Rugby League export.

While yet to put pen to paper, the hulking Wellington Orcas forward has agreed to terms with the Sydney Roosters on a one-year deal next season.

The package includes a three day-a-week work placement at a Sydney accountancy firm and is believed to be worth close to $100,000.

Masoe's deal follows that of fellow Wellington teenager Karl McNichol's $600,000 three-year deal at the Cronulla Sharks, while Orcas second rower Ben Matulino will join the New Zealand Warriors.

"I'm anticipating he'll (Masoe) be one of the hottest properties in the NRL," Orcas coach Paul Bergman said.

"He only turned 18 last Thursday and you've seen what he's capable of. He'll be another Willie Mason."

Standing over 1.9m and weighing 115kg, Masoe will come off the bench for the Orcas against the Counties-Manukau Jetz in their Bartercard Cup match at the Basin Reserve tomorrow.

girvie

Staff member
Apparently Canberra Raiders have signed second rower or centre Joel Thompson who is currently with the Storm and playing with the Norths Devils. Thompson was part of the Australian Schoolboys last year.

Canberra have also signed Sam Mataora, Daniel Vidot and Daniel Sleeman who were all in the Queensland Under-17s team this year. It remains to be seen whether they will play National Under-20s next year.

tackled

Juniors
Swamprat said:
I heard Luke Kelly from Wests signed with Melbourne Storm for next year.

You heard right on that. He would have cost WT's a pretty penny with 2 years at St Gregs but I guess thems the breaks. I saw him play a couple of games for ball he didn't do much for me. I then saw him play once for St Gregs & thought he played really well. Maybe it was different coaching, different coaches get different things for players.

Jono078

Referee
Knights have signed a Jersey Flegg forward from the Rabbitohs, his last name is Tovo.

Anyone know much about him?

girvie

Staff member
The Roosters have signed Ryan Williamson from Mackay. He is in the Australian Schoolboys this year.

girvie

Staff member
I found out a few players that the Gold Coast have contracted include
* Ben Ridge - backrower from Roma. In the 2007 Australian Schoolboys squad.
* Kayne Lawton - hooker/halfback from Palm Beach Currumbin
* Matt O'Reilly - backrower from Kyogle
* Kevin Gordon - winger from Sawtell

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Jono078 said:
Knights have signed a Jersey Flegg forward from the Rabbitohs, his last name is Tovo.

Anyone know much about him?

Sione Tovo is a definite first grade prospect in my opinion. I'm not saying that he will make it but he certainly has the potential. He has a first graders physique, is a physical player and has decent mobility for a bloke his size. If the Knights have signed him I will be disappointed.

Jono078

Referee
S.S.T.I.D said:
Sione Tovo is a definite first grade prospect in my opinion. I'm not saying that he will make it but he certainly has the potential. He has a first graders physique, is a physical player and has decent mobility for a bloke his size. If the Knights have signed him I will be disappointed.
Thanks for that, and yeh we have signed him, read it in the sunday telegraph.