What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Season 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthers_God

Juniors
MVP - LeBron James
In the bag

Rookie Of The Year - Stephen Curry
Blake Griffin will start on the bench for clippers then get injured after about 30 games.

Most Improved Player - Greg Oden
So many to choose from here but I think the big man will come to the party this year

Defensive Player Of The Year - Dwayne Wade
Will average +2.5 steals and +1.5 blocks

Sixth Man - Leandro Barbosa
Will be back to fine form in the run and gun Phoenix offense

Sleeper Team - Minesotta Timberwolves
They have a good young core, just need to stay injury free. The PG combo of Sessions and Flynn is exciting and AJ and Love will develop a great combo.

Eastern Conference - Cleveland Cavaliers

Western Conference - Los Angeles Lakers

Miller and Foye are losses, sure, but Sessions is a huge upgrade at the point, not to mention the drafting of Flynn. Miller hardly shot last year as well so I'm not sure his departure will be felt all that much anyway. 3 point shooting is probably a weakness, and depth at the wings, but Love will be better (and I'm expecting an improvement on his 3 point stroke), Jefferson will be back and you've got a motza of cap space. As I said, not sure this year is the year, but with another draft pick plus a free agent or two next summer and I think there's a lot of reasons to be optimistic.

i actually wonder if we will try the pg experiment with sessions/flynn both starting like we are expected to do with rubio/fynn
btw i do think flynn could be a main 3 point shooter ,hes been shotting over 50% from there in preseason and summer league
he didnt have much of ashot in college,so i cant figure out how he became so good from the 3 in the nba

attamarrap

Juniors
Season MVP - Lebron James

Rookie of the year - Stephen Curry

Most Improved - Roy Hibbert

Defensive POY - Dwight Howard

Sixth man - Lamar Odom

Sleeper team - Washington Wizards

Eastern champs - Boston

Western champs - Lakers

NBA champs - San Antonio Spurs

Ridders

Coach
Shout out to Granger for getting himself ejected in a pre-season game of all things.

The refs were terrible for that game, way too trigger happy when it came to calling fouls. Hopefully its not a sign of things to come.

Ridders

Coach
Jackson Takes Aim at Kobe, Teammates

Posted Oct 14, 2009 5:45PM By Matt Steinmetz (RSS feed)
Filed Under: Warriors

Email
Print

Text SizeAAA

stephen-jackson-kobe-bryant-driving-1009-200.jpg
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Stephen Jackson was at it again on Wednesday, speaking his mind and bringing down the verbal hammer.

This time the nails were Kobe Bryant and his teammates.

One day after he gave up his Warriors' captaincy and took shots at his coach and his organization's front office, Jackson went in another direction. Asked to elaborate on what happened Friday night against the Lakers and Kobe Bryant -- which led to his two-game suspension -- that's exactly what Jackson did.

"Basically, to beat a dead horse, (Bryant) was just playing dirty," Jackson said. "He was getting favoritism out there. I'm not saying the refs were cheating. I'm not saying that at all. I think he was getting away with stuff that I couldn't get away with. And I didn't think it was fair.

"So I reacted on it. And if it happens again, I'm going to react the same way."

Jackson picked up five fouls and one technical foul in less than 10 minutes in the Warriors' 110-91 preseason win over the Lakers last Friday. Jackson then got into a verbal confrontation with coach Don Nelson, who sent him to the locker room for the rest of the night.

In a meeting with general manager Larry Riley and Nelson on Monday, Jackson made it clear he didn't want to be a team captain anymore. Riley and Nelson said that was fine with them.

Jackson then addressed the media and said his relationship with Nelson had changed and that he would respect him on the court but that was about it. Jackson also said on Tuesday that everything was cool with his teammates because it really wasn't about them.

But maybe that's not the case. On Wednesday, Jackson made it clear that he did have an issue with his teammates, saying they didn't have his back like he would have had theirs.

"Nobody reacted but me so the team didn't have a reaction," Jackson said. "It was only me standing up for myself. I don't think anybody else stood up for me. But if the shoe was on the other foot, I would have stood up for somebody on my team. And they didn't do the same for me."

There were some reports that Bryant called Jackson "young fella" during their time on the court together and that may have played a role in Jackson's blowup. Jackson made no mention of that.

"I'm not going to bow down," Jackson said. "I'm not a fan of Kobe. I'm not somebody who looks up to him. I'm a grown man myself. So when I go out there and play the game, I play the game. I feel like I'm just as good as him. I might not get the publicity or notoriety he gets, but I feel like I can play with anybody in the NBA any given night.

"I think everybody should feel like that. Everybody should be a competitor and I don't back down from anybody. I've never been like that and I'm not going to start today. ... It ain't envy. I ain't jealous of anybody. At the end of the day I'm still blessed to be in this game, taking care of my family. I think it's just the fact that what's fair is fair and I want to be treated fair as a man. Just like anybody else would."

Posting this for no other reason than that I got a chuckle out of Kobe calling Jackson a "young fella".

Panthers_God

Juniors
"I'm not going to bow down," Jackson said. "I'm not a fan of Kobe. I'm not somebody who looks up to him. I'm a grown man myself. So when I go out there and play the game, I play the game. I feel like I'm just as good as him. I might not get the publicity or notoriety he gets, but I feel like I can play with anybody in the NBA any given night.

wow... Jax is like the NBA's version of Kanye

Ridders

Coach
Lol.

Jackson has had a pretty crazy off-season, first with the contract extension and then the trade demands.

Ridders

Coach
Thats alot of games; Thank god for One HD.

Last season i was relying purely on ESPN and it was sh*thouse.

Ridders

Coach
Yeah. I had no idea they had so much NBA or NFL or even MLB on there.

Kinda makes me reconsider my commitment to Foxtel.

If not for the NRL...

Ridders

Coach
Blazers sign second-round pick Mills

Oct 16, 9:28 pm EDT

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP)—The Portland Trail Blazers have signed second-round draft pick Patrick Mills(notes) and exercised options on center Greg Oden(notes), forwards Nicolas Batum(notes) and Rudy Fernandez(notes) and guard Jerryd Bayless(notes).
Related Coverage

Terms of the deal with Mills, a guard from Australia who played at Saint Mary’s, were not released. He was the 55th overall pick in last June’s draft.
The Blazers exercised the team’s fourth-year option on Oden, and their three-year option on the others. That will keep all players under contract through next season.
Oden was the No. 1 overall draft pick and Fernandez was acquired via trade in the 2007 draft. Batum and Bayless were acquired via trades in the 2008 draft.

Good news for Mills, although I don't know whether Portland is the right team for him.

He's already got Miller, Blake and Bayless ahead of him.

Ridders

Coach
Jamison out longer than expected

Comment Email Print Share
Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- Antawn Jamison's ailing shoulder will keep him off the court well into the regular season.
The Washington Wizards announced an estimated recovery time for Jamison's injury Friday, saying he's likely to miss the first eight to 13 games.
The two-time All-Star forward partially dislocated his shoulder trying to block a shot in an exhibition game against Cleveland on Oct. 14. The Wizards originally ruled him out for the rest of the preseason until the injury could be re-evaluated this week.
Team president Ernie Grunfeld said doctors have had a chance to look at the shoulder again, and that Jamison is expected to be out three to five weeks.
The news is another blow for a franchise that has had three straight seasons marred by injuries to marquee players.
Gilbert Arenas and Brendan Haywood barely played last season, and DeShawn Stevenson missed more than half of the games as the team finished 19-63, one of the worst marks in franchise history. Jamison had a healthy year, missing only one game and leading the team in scoring at 22.2 points per game. He also averaged 8.9 rebounds.
Andray Blatche and offseason acquisitions Fabricio Oberto and Mike Miller will vie for more playing time during Jamison's absence.
The Wizards open the season in Dallas on Tuesday.

What is it with the Wizards and injuries.

Sucks if you have him in your fantasy team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts