What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Season 2009-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridders

Coach
One day to go baby!

Boston vs Cleveland is an awesome game to kick things off.

I'm probably going to skip uni to catch the battle of LA as well.

Ridders

Coach
Link

Updated: October 27, 2009, 3:57 AM ET
Clippers lose Griffin to broken kneecap

Comment Email Print Share
Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- Blake Griffin's NBA debut has been pushed back indefinitely after the Los Angeles Clippers revealed late Monday night that their No. 1 overall draft pick has a broken left kneecap.

ncb_g_bgriffin1_65.jpg

Griffin

The stress fracture could sideline the Oklahoma star for six weeks, the team announced, promising further information Tuesday.
Griffin, who averaged 13.7 points and 8.1 rebounds per game during the preseason, won't be in the Clippers' lineup when they face the Lakers in their opener Tuesday night, and he could be out much longer. The Clippers play 20 games in their first six weeks of the regular season.
Griffin apparently broke his kneecap during the Clippers' final exhibition game against New Orleans last Friday, perhaps after a dunk that left the power forward wincing in pain. The team initially said Griffin only had a sore left knee, making him questionable for the opener, before revealing the break.
Griffin was the consensus college player of the year with 22.7 points and an NCAA-best 14.4 rebounds per game last season for the Sooners.
After the Clippers won the draft lottery and selected him, Griffin strained his right shoulder during a summer league game in July. The team brought him back cautiously, and Griffin said he was totally healthy in the preseason.
His latest injury is a sadly unsurprising setback for the star-crossed Clippers, who won just 19 games last year in an injury-plagued season. Los Angeles has just two winning in the last 30 years and just one playoff series victory since moving to town in 1984.
Los Angeles was mostly healthy going into this fall, with point guard Baron Davis and center Chris Kaman both ready to play after missing chunks of last season. The Clippers actually have solid frontcourt talent with Marcus Camby, Al Thornton and Rasual Butler alongside Griffin.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

Great start for the Clips :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Ridders

Coach
Link

Celtics’ Davis has surgery on right thumb

By JIMMY GOLEN, AP Sports Writer 51 minutes ago

BOSTON (AP)—Boston Celtics forward Glen “Big Baby” Davis had surgery Tuesday on his right thumb, which he broke while fighting with a friend, a person familiar with the injury told The Associated Press.
Davis was not in Cleveland for Tuesday night’s regular season opener against the Cavaliers, Celtics spokesman Jeff Twiss said. The team confirmed Davis was injured, and on Monday coach Doc Rivers said Davis had gone to the hospital for X-rays.

The official spoke on the condition of anonymity because the team had not made an official announcement.
Davis has been doing mixed martial arts training to help get in shape for the season. It was unclear whether the injury was a result of that training or an altercation.
Davis could be suspended for taking part in activities that were prohibited by his contract.
“We are talking with his representatives and will likely move to suspend him for a period of time once we have all the facts in front of us,” Celtics owner Wyc Grousbeck said. “His contract prohibits certain off-court activities.”
Davis was an important part of the team last spring, moving into the starting lineup after Kevin Garnett(notes) was injured. He went from 21 minutes a game to 36 while bumping his scoring average from 7 points to 15.8.
Davis became a free agent this summer but re-signed to a two-year deal worth about $6 million.

I lolled.

Ridders

Coach
Link

Yeah I saw that they were doubtful.

At least Big Al should play, although it might be on reduced minutes due to his achilles problem.

Last edited:

Ridders

Coach
Also with the T-Wolves, are they going to be running the triangle offense now that Rambis is the head coach?

The Dodger

First Grade
anyone watch the game between the celtics and cavs?

see the block lebron made on rhondo?

f**k me dead!!!

ByRd

First Grade
Yeh watched both games on one today, Lebron had a couple of good blocks but the Celtics did well to win and as a team look alot stronger then the Cavs.

The Lakers were comfortable enough against the Clippers and apart from a little surge were always in control and everyone played well, the depth in the line up is amazing and this was without Gasol as well.

Ridders

Coach
anyone watch the game between the celtics and cavs?

see the block lebron made on rhondo?

f**k me dead!!!

Yeah man, same as ByRd watched both.

Lebron did the same thing to Allen as well. Lebron was his usual awesome self, but as last season, didn't have alot of help. I thought Perkins did about as good a job as you can do on Shaq. Also I LOVE the look of a KG and Sheed front court. FMD that's going to be a killer in terms of spacing. My man love for Rondo continues to grow, really love his game.

Lakers vs Clippers was a bit of an ugly game. Some woeful reffing against the Clips. Eric Gordon was in foul trouble throughtout which was disappointing because he was looking decent. Artest had a nice all-round game although he missed some wide open 3 pointers. Bynum had a nice 26-13, and it was nice to see LA make a concerted effort to get him involved.

Didn't get to catch the other games, but how about the Wizards getting over Dallas without Jamison. Hibachi's back baby!

Ridders

Coach
Also tuned it to the ring ceremony. How hot is Jeannie Buss :crazy:. Life must be fun for Phil Jackson

The Dodger

First Grade
hahaha

yeah saw the block on allen but the block he made on rhondo has to be contention for top ten blocks of the year.

he came from the other side of the other end, rhondo looked like he was going to make the shot as well, at first i thought it was a foul but looking at it in slow mo, farkn brilliant.

f**k im glad the season has started.

Ridders

Coach
Same here man.

Fair call on the Rondo block. It also looked better by the fact that it resulted in Rondo crashing to the hardhood on his back.

And also lol at Cleveland playing Big Z and Shaq at the same time. Pick and roll mania.

The again, the Lakers game saw the unbelievable sight for about 5-6 minutes in the 2nd quarter of having on the court a 5 of Farmar-Brown-Walton-Powell-Mbenga. WTF is the point in having such unbelievable depth if your going to play all those scrubs at the same time.

McLovin

Staff member
I think it was because they had a 15 point lead at the time added with the fact that PJax played the four stars for the entire opening quarter. Still...early season. The Lakers dominated when they wanted too...

Ridders

Coach
Thats true.

It was just sickening to see Powell bricking shots from 3 point range and Mbenga taking 3 mid-range jump shots in an effing row (all missed).

The one thing that really excited me during the game was the first 3 or 4 minutes of the second quarter, when Odom and Artest were playing with the 2nd team. Lakers were looking pretty slick, even with Kobe and Bynum resting. When Gasol comes back, I hope we see more of Artest and Odom playing with the bench because it if they do, teams will find it very hard to compete with LA.

Last edited:

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Didn't watch the game, but have NFI why they wouldn't rest Shaq today, given:

a. it was a back to back; and
b. the match-up (Bosh / Bargnani).

Still, only two games into the season so a long way to go.

In other news, Celtics hammered the Cats, kept them to 59! And the Magic 3-ball season was in full swing as well. Go Hawks.

Ridders

Coach
Yeah, that was one of the things Phoenix did last season and apparently it was very beneficial for Shaq's recovery.

Last thing they need is for Shaq to break down.

Ridders

Coach
Wow Blair with 14 points and 11 rebounds in 23 minutes.

I feel another "How the f**k did Blair fall to 37th in a sh*t draft" rant coming on.

Status
Not open for further replies.