What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBL so far

Bomber

Bench
Geez you're a bit harsh on the Taipans.....we haven't even played at home yet.......

Beside, how could we not miss the finals? Top 8 in an 11-team comp.....really ten teams once you take out Hunter......

Goldthorpe

Bench
Yeah i was a bit harsh on the Taipans, but they have Stewart/Timmons/Boods/Crosswell/Thomas/Burgess, they should win more then they lose.

pug306

Juniors
I wouldn't write of Hunter this year,
yes they will probably miss the playoffs,
but don't count them as easy wins.
I think they will win there fair share of games this year,
not the terrible 2 of a year ago.

I'll give every team at least the first 4 rounds about who is suprising/disappointing,
got to let teams gel.

And I don't expect Sydney to jump out of the gate like they have the last two years,
they will be an interesting team to watch,
esp. from the stands..........

felix

Juniors
I hear Sydney's new import is a mean dunker :D
lets hope we see a few dunks per game

Mr Saab

Referee
MOON MAN said:
Wildcats dont have the team to match it in the long run. They wont make the finals.

they will be there, along with adelaide and Brisbane as the top 3 teams

bayrep

Juniors
The Breakers should make it this year, they are looking a more rounded team.

OZ_Falcon

Juniors
How would you rate the tigers this year? Do you think theyll be anywhere near the top this year?

Mr Saab

Referee
OZ_Falcon said:
How would you rate the tigers this year? Do you think theyll be anywhere near the top this year?

with gaze and copeland they should make the playoffs, but seriously, this has to be their last yr. Copeland is an athlete sure, but he is approaching 40! Gaze is 40 i think.
This team should be broken up at seasons end.

Goldthorpe

Bench
Charlie Saab said:
MOON MAN said:
Wildcats dont have the team to match it in the long run. They wont make the finals.

they will be there, along with adelaide and Brisbane as the top 3 teams

Yeah i dont know about Top 3, i sure hope so!! But Top 5 for mine

Jono Russell

Bench
i think the top 3 will be

36ers
brisbane
tigers

with razors and hawks just missing out and grabbing 4th and 5th

kings to finish 8th

KulaShaker

Juniors
Pirates were pitiful last season.. who have they bought?

Unfortunately I don't see my Kings making the top three.. we lost a lot when Nitro & Ebe left. IMO, Dann should be starting guard, but then again, I'm biased.

felix

Juniors
its gonna be a close season, midway through the second round, only 2 teams haven't lost yet (kings havent played a game yet, but some have already played 3 or 4...)

Bullets were really ordinary except in the third tonight, they will struggle early on with their draw, 8 of their first 10 away...
They rely way too much on their shooting, when they started hitting them in the third, thats when they got back into it.

and the crocs lost again :D but they were playing away.
An interesting stat, the only 2 teams that have lost at home so far are the pirates and the breakers. every other game has gone to the home team