What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBL so far

ThrashViking

Juniors
It shouldnt of gone into over time, a good win for the Breakers but they blew several big leads and let Sydney back into the match.
Paul Henare was very impressive as was Mike Chappell

Eddie.

Bench
Adelaide 36s have won me alot of money in there 2 big wednesday games this year. they looked very fluent on offense with big scorers all over the floor.

My team the Hawks, also looked impressive last night against the bullets.

My Prediction

1. 36s
2. Hawks
3. Razors
4. Wildcats
5. Bullets
6. Kings
7. Crocs
8. Tigers
9. Breakers
10. Taipans
11. Pirates

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I have faith that the Kings' boys will step up with Nielsen and Ere gone. They have a very good side.

3 in a row!!!!

Goldthorpe

Bench
I said last week....

Suprised......
Wildcats #1
Hawks #2

Disapointed......
Crocs #9
Razors #5
Taipans #11

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will stick to the same but change Razors to Bullets

Suprised......
Wildcats
Hawks

Disapointed......
Crocs
Bullets (1-2) :shock: Who would have thought?
Taipans

Geez you're a bit harsh on the Taipans.....we haven't even played at home yet.......

0-2 when they should be 1-1 or maybe 2-0, with a team full of stars...Crosswell/Boods/Stewie/Timmons/Thomas and MVP man Burgess, they have to be better then that!!

Good to see the Queens off to a good start!!

Also good to the Razors bounce back, congrats!

GO TUCKER!!!!

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Great comeback from the Kings tonight. Down by 27 at one stage and down by 20 points at 3/4 time and came back to win it! Unbelievable! :clap:

felix

Juniors
what an awesome game (wait only the 4th quarter was awesome), what an awesome finish
jason smith, absolute legend :clap:

pug306

Juniors
Do not credit the Kings for winning last nights game,
the Tigers fell apart at the seams #-o

Smith's shot was huge, & was the only player trying for the Kings :clap:

The two Imports need plane tickets bought & sent packing.
Sanford was hopeless & Green isn't far behind him.

Bruton should be pulled everytime he takes 3 pointer, he is a better scorer inside the arc & his ball control gone to the dog house since playing point.

Wheeler & Knight also have to start looking at getting post position,
something Neilsen did last year, it opens up the floor so much.

This Kings team got very lucky..................

Mr Saab

Referee
pug306 said:

Bruton should be pulled everytime he takes 3 pointer, he is a better scorer inside the arc & his ball control gone to the dog house since playing point.

totally agree with all of that.
Please bring back Acie Earl!!!

Charlie Saab said:
pug306 said:

totally agree with all of that.
Please bring back Acie Earl!!!

Kavossy Franklin will do, but considering how and Goorj fell out not surprised he didn't come back.

pug306

Juniors
Since Franklin was turnover prone,
he can stay at the Pirates,
& the Kings don't need a PG.

they need big men who can post up & rebound :evil:

felix

Juniors
I noticed Kendall playing the point a lot more than CJ last night, but CJ still had 8 assists. And the tigers had 25 turnovers to the Kings' 14 :shock: about 10 of ours had to be during the first quarter... I think it's a bit tough for Sanford though, apparently he got injured in his last gig and last night was his first game in a few months. He needs to be a lot more aggresive on the boards.
The tigers really did shoot themselves in the foot, the Kings playing full court press for the whole quarter with dmac on the bench... and they turned off on offense, tried to milk the clock as much as possible, again dmac wouldve been great in this position
anyway im going to watch the 4th quarter again :D

Bomber

Bench
Well, the overrated, disappointing, useless Taipans won a game last night. In double overtime against Perth. But a win's a win.

Melbourne 109 Sydney 112
Cairns 108 Perth 100
Brisbane 111 West Sydney 113
Adelaide 103 Hunter 101

Ladder
Wollongong 3-0
Perth 4-1
Adelaide 3-1
West Sydney 2-1
Sydney 2-1
Melbourne 2-4
Cairns 1-2
New Zealand 1-2
Hunter 1-3
Brisbane 1-3
Townsville 1-3

Next Round
Wednesday 20/10 - Wollongong v Townsville
Friday 22/10 - Brisbane v Sydney
Saturday 23/10 - Cairns v Wollongong, Adelaide v New Zealand, West Sydney v Melbourne
Sunday 24/10 - Sydney v Hunter, Townsville v Brisbane

felix

Juniors
bullets number 1 my ass, their 4th loss in a row. kerle was shit as usual, didnt make a shot until garbage time :lol:
meanwhile the kings went 3-0 this week

Goldthorpe

Bench
Bomber said:
Well, the overrated, disappointing, useless Taipans won a game last night. In double overtime against Perth. But a win's a win.

Against a Perth Wildcats team WHO where on the 3rd leg of a three game road trip (3 different cities in 4 days), WHO only racked up 2 away wins all year, WHO most NBL punters predicited to finish 9th or less.

Good win :roll:

Bomber

Bench
Well, it doesn't seem like you're going to be swayed off your high horse. In fact, Cairns will probably have to win the whole fricking NBL for you to even acknowledge that they are anywhere near a decent side.

But then, you'll probably complain that the referees needed glasses, or that a spectator in the crowd sneezed during that vital free throw.

Cairns WILL make the finals (if only because of the diabolical Top 8 format). Hopefully we will beat you again just like we did last year.