What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBL so far

Eddie.

Bench
Townsville will run last. They were pityful tonight in what was the worst NBL game i have ever seen. Wollongong snoozed the whole way through and coasted to a 15 point win.

felix said:
bullets number 1 my ass, their 4th loss in a row. kerle was sh*t as usual, didnt make a shot until garbage time :lol:
meanwhile the kings went 3-0 this week

kings 3- 0 :lol: im 100% sure the breakers beat them.

Goldthorpe

Bench
Bomber said:
Well, it doesn't seem like you're going to be swayed off your high horse. In fact, Cairns will probably have to win the whole fricking NBL for you to even acknowledge that they are anywhere near a decent side.

But then, you'll probably complain that the referees needed glasses, or that a spectator in the crowd sneezed during that vital free throw.

Cairns WILL make the finals (if only because of the diabolical Top 8 format). Hopefully we will beat you again just like we did last year.

Correct me if im wrong, but wouldn't you agree the Taipans SHOULD be 3-0 or maybe 2-1.

- Played an aging Melb side....lost by 3, with a 18 point 3/4 time lead.
- Played against a Wildcats side that no-one gave them a chance to make the 8.....lost by 17.
- Again played the Wildcats at home this time.....took them 2 OT's to get the the W.

I like Cairns, i think they are a good side, but they should be better then they are, esp with Burgess putting up MVP numbers, while a tremendous supporting cast of Finals MVP Timmons, 2 time championship winner Anthony Stewart, veteran Melvin Thomas, Nathan Crossell, ROTY and championship winner Gary Boodnikoff.

No doubt they will make the playoffs.

As for 'hoping' to beat us in the finals..........thats what you need brother HOPE and lots of it!!

Bomber

Bench
Mate, I've no beef personally with you, and I think you don't have any issue with me.

I just found it incredible that after three games of a 30-game season you were ready to count the Taipans out.

We did start very ordinary and frankly I don't like our chances against the Hawks this weekend, but we had bugger all trials and start slow in a season anyway.

The Melbourne game in particular was very disappointing, although the halftime break was reduced by five minutes thanks to Fox Sports - the Taipans staff wern't told and when they returned to the court to begin warming up the referee was ready to tip off. :roll: Still it was a shocker of a loss.

The only way Cairns will win in the finals is to get home court advantage (hence, beating Perth last year but losing to the Razors on the road). To get home court advantage, we'd have to finish third or fourth, and even then that's a big ask.

Cheers
Bomber

Goldthorpe

Bench
Bomber said:
Mate, I've no beef personally with you, and I think you don't have any issue with me.

I just found it incredible that after three games of a 30-game season you were ready to count the Taipans out.

We did start very ordinary and frankly I don't like our chances against the Hawks this weekend, but we had bugger all trials and start slow in a season anyway.

The Melbourne game in particular was very disappointing, although the halftime break was reduced by five minutes thanks to Fox Sports - the Taipans staff wern't told and when they returned to the court to begin warming up the referee was ready to tip off. :roll: Still it was a shocker of a loss.

The only way Cairns will win in the finals is to get home court advantage (hence, beating Perth last year but losing to the Razors on the road). To get home court advantage, we'd have to finish third or fourth, and even then that's a big ask.

Cheers
Bomber

No, no beef at all champ.

I believe the 'argument's started when I ranked the Taipans as a 'disappointment's so far in the start of the season.

Its all a matter of opinion, you have yours and I have mine (even though mines right ;-))

Cairns no doubt will make the finals, only cause of the class they have, and MVP candidate in Burgess.

Don't talk to me about slow starts and lack of trials with the Wildcats lol We are renown for swapping and changing imports at the start of the season, with hardly any trials.

You played one against us over there, and we won :p

The Taipans will be alright don't worry about that!! They are just having a sluggish start!

felix

Juniors
they beat the undefeated teams in the last two weeks.
that aaron grabau is so underrated, looks like he had a great game last night, and hes having a great year so far

El Coconuto

Bench
On a sidenote, I went to the Razorbacks game last night (for the record, I was dragged along by a friend) and just about the best thing there were the cheerleaders! My goodness :roll:

Of course watching Steve Markovich being burnt by Andrew Gaze was pretty funny too... :mrgreen:

Jono Russell

Bench
mate i missed the llast game due to work but you can count on it that i will be at the next game vs taipans on wednesday and i cant wait to see stevo put on his game shoes and go wild.

he is a great young fella.

looking foward to seeing hovarth again he is playing sweet for us and big mac has really stepped up.

GO THE PIGS

man who made the draw
breakers first eight games
2 games against adelaide (2nd place)
2 games against the hawks (1st place)
2 games against the razorbacks (4th)
2 games against the kings (5th)

Jono Russell

Bench
hey el coco did you see steves 3 pointer in the dying stages to secure the pigs win over the taipans.

what a match that was, i was so scared going into the 4th qtr but my hopes were kept aliv by steve what a man what a champ

El Coconuto

Bench
He's an unbelievable prodigy. If you ask him what his biggest regret in his career was, it'll be that he didn't go to college.

Even still, he plays for the Razorbacks, argh! :twisted:

Choppies

Coach
KIngs against Taipans last night night was fairly lacklusture
Kings ended up running away with it in the 4th

felix

Juniors
Sanford had a few nice dunks, including that huuuuge alley oop, otherwise it was a pretty boring game

breakers had two good game against the pigs.

man this draw sucks, just realised the breakers have eight away games in their last 9 games