What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBN and their odd changes

Should NBN show every Knights game at some time over a weekend?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

El Diablo

Post Whore
jeff_83 said:
El Duque, i work there. You are wrong.

Well you could tell me how I'm wrong. I've had the two channels for a couple of years and can't recall once flicking over to the other and seeing a different show on.

les norton

First Grade
I apologise for this in advance....but isnt LAP right. I mean it's been a few years since i lived on the gold coast but it used to focus mainly on gold coast news. I mean, it filmed on the gold coast you could always see the centrepoint gym office thingy in the background.
I dont know maybe it's change since i moved to brissie. but I thought they were done seperately too. Maybe i'm thinking about prime news...sh!t I really dont have clue....go about you business and forget about me...and my dribble.

League_Man

Juniors
Well you could tell me how I'm wrong. I've had the two channels for a couple of years and can't recall once flicking over to the other and seeing a different show on.

I have had several things to do with NBN over the last few years, and can also say that you are wrong. NBN has different news bulletins for the 6 areas it broadcasts into. They also record 2 weather updates and several news updates throughout the day, again, one for each region it broadcasts into.
NBN also broadcasts the various Local rugby league grand finals, ie, the Central Coast Grand Final was broadcast into the Gosford area, and the Newcastle Rugby League grand final was broadcast only into the Newcastle region, not the rest of the regions, such as the Gold Coast, Mid North Coast, Far North Coast, and the Central Tablelands.
NBN also broadcast 6 different telethons last year, one into each broadcasting region.
So, there you have it, programming varies in each region. The news in Newcastle, Taree, Tamworth, Port Macquarie and Gosford is different to the news you recieve on NBN QLD.

Two years? You obviously dont look very hard do you.

Sweeper

Juniors
League_Man said:
NBN also broadcast 6 different telethons last year, one into each broadcasting region.
That was my next point. But El Dud is just too brain dead to comprehend. He really has damaged the office of Administrator with his constant crapping on, that, somehow, is loosely connected with the price of eggs in China.

El Diablo

Post Whore
League_Man said:

Two years? You obviously dont look very hard do you.

Maybe you should sit down and watch NBN Lismore and NBN Gold Coast before going off. It's the same programmes.

So does NBN and Channel 9. Doesn't mean they are the same.

What would be the point of establishing an entire station to show exactly the same things when they could of just setup another tower to relay the broadcasts?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Danish Moo Cow said:
So does NBN and Channel 9. Doesn't mean they are the same.

That's incorrect. Channel 9 Gold Coast and NBN Gold Coast have different shows on at various times every day.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Danish Moo Cow said:
Those stations aren't TCN 9 or NBN, are they?

One is 9 Gold Coast and one is NBN. 9 Gold Coast has it's own Gold Coast news.

Just for the hell of it I taped the sport and weather of NBN Lismore and NBN Gold coast tonight and they were both exactly the same.

Sweeper

Juniors
El Duque said:
Just for the hell of it I taped the sport and weather of NBN Lismore and NBN Gold coast tonight and they were both exactly the same.
You loser. Trying to tell two different employees of NBN how they do their job from the Gold Coast? :lol: Keep trying. Wok always said give a monkey a typewriter and he'll eventually type a word, you sure are trying that one out.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Little Austin Powers said:
El Duque said:
You loser. Trying to tell two different employees of NBN how they do their job from the Gold Coast? :lol: Keep trying. Wok always said give a monkey a typewriter and he'll eventually type a word, you sure are trying that one out.

Would you like me to capture them and email them to you????

I can do it easily as I still have them on tape.

Sweeper

Juniors
El Duque said:

And thats going to prove a lot. They are really going to put a weather report together for every city/transmitter! They start recording the news at 4:30pm, how many different weather reports do you expect?

Just read League Mans post from top to bottom, left to right... a couple of Oswins in a similar manner and you'll soon realise why they are exactly the same. Lismore and the Gold Coast are probably getting the same news.

The news in Newcastle, Taree, Tamworth, Port Macquarie and Gosford is different to the news you recieve on NBN QLD.
Taree isn't exactly close to Lismore. Tamworth isn't exactly close to Lismore. Newcastle isn't exactly close to Lismore. Port Macquarie isn't too close either. Gosford is a long way from Lismore. The Gold Coast is pretty close to Lismore. Its been said many times that they make six bulletins... so where would you get Lismores weather report from... knowing you... you'd say Gosford :roll:

Sweeper

Juniors
Ohh.. would you like a map? I'm sure it's quite difficult for you. Maybe you can get a piece of string to measure so you can be sure.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Little Austin Powers said:
El Duque said:

And thats going to prove a lot. They are really going to put a weather report together for every city/transmitter! They start recording the news at 4:30pm, how many different weather reports do you expect?

Just read League Mans post from top to bottom, left to right... a couple of Oswins in a similar manner and you'll soon realise why they are exactly the same. Lismore and the Gold Coast are probably getting the same news.

You were the one who was implying that I was making it up and now you're saying Lismore and the Gold Coast probably get the same news once I can prove it to you :lol:

Anyway this is way off track. My original point is that most of NBN's viewers aren't Knights fans so therefore why why would they fork out big money each week to show games?

Sweeper

Juniors
El Duque said:
You were the one who was implying that I was making it up and now you're saying Lismore and the Gold Coast probably get the same news once I can prove it to you :lol:
Yeah, that really does prove NBN news is the same everywhere.

Anyway this is way off track. My original point is that most of NBN's viewers aren't Knights fans so therefore why why would they fork out big money each week to show games?
They simply don't take it to the Gold Coast and only pay for the regions they use :roll: :roll:

El Diablo

Post Whore
Oh and you read League Mans post. He read what two NBN channels I said I got and said I was wrong. Sorry, but Leage Man is wrong about NBN Lismore and GC.

antonius

Coach
Fact is the original post was about showing Knights games on Newcastles NBN3. prior to last season the Newcastle version of NBN showed every Knights game, irrespective of weather it was the Ch9 game or not. More over it was only shown On NBN3, not Channel 9 Sydney, unless it was the Fi Night game, or the normal Ch9 Sunday match, that alone must tell you something El, they were catering for the Newcastle area. The games were purchased from Foxtel, the reason they weren't shown last year was because Foxtel wouldn't give Ch3 access to them. End of story.

El Duque said:
Just remember that most of NBN's viewers couldn't care less as they are not likely Newcastle fans seeing it comes all the way up to South East Queensland.
Nothing to do with showing them in all the other versions of NBN's broadcasts.

El Duque, the point of my posts is to show that the shows are the same on 9 and NBN, but that doesn't make them the same stations, does it?

Now, who were the two idjits that said they didn't want to have more football on their box?

Quick, type fast, Vigil. Don't waste time on PMs ever again when you've got 5 minutes of non-loderated fun ahead of you!

Has Brad Newton taken his hand out of your puppet arse this week? I haven't so much as heard a peep out of you.

Latest posts