What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Negative ONLY thread

Coffs dragon

Bench
After 60 years of supporting the Dragons (formerly the Saints) I am very very close to giving them away. I can't follow any other team in the NRL so that'll be it for me and rugby league.
I am disgusted with the lack of respect that has been shown to the jersey by the players currently.
When are we going to read a positive news story about us in the media? It's all bad.
Even buying George Burgess doesn't fill me with confidence. We'll have two eye-gougers playing for us! We can't get anyone decent to want to play for us. Hook is not the coach we all hoped for after McFlops failures. Totally upset that this Club (team) has spoiled another winter for me. Rant over but don't feel any better for it!
I’m with you Nanadragon and I have zero interest to watch these half hearted players for the rest of the year.
They won’t win another match and I’m sick that we have become a dumping ground club for QLD reject players.
Our recruitment stinks and I blame Millward for that failure.
I’m not sure Hook can land a big fish when he has Millward supplying the bait.

BBTB

Juniors
I’m with you Nanadragon and I have zero interest to watch these half hearted players for the rest of the year.
They won’t win another match and I’m sick that we have become a dumping ground club for QLD reject players.
Our recruitment stinks and I blame Millward for that failure.
I’m not sure Hook can land a big fish when he has Millward supplying the bait.
Yes agree. This club, our club, has become a laughing stock.
You can thank the corruption, at board level, for our current position.

Dragon David

First Grade
We still have 6 players to be suspended yet and they are:-

Gerard Beale

Jack Bird

Jack de Belin

Josh Kerr

Blake Lawrie

Josh McGuire

Do we suspend all 6 against the Bunnies so that we have a full team against the Raiders?

Dragon David

First Grade
After 60 years of supporting the Dragons (formerly the Saints) I am very very close to giving them away. I can't follow any other team in the NRL so that'll be it for me and rugby league.
I am disgusted with the lack of respect that has been shown to the jersey by the players currently.
When are we going to read a positive news story about us in the media? It's all bad.
Even buying George Burgess doesn't fill me with confidence. We'll have two eye-gougers playing for us! We can't get anyone decent to want to play for us. Hook is not the coach we all hoped for after McFlops failures. Totally upset that this Club (team) has spoiled another winter for me. Rant over but don't feel any better for it!
It is getting very hard to be a follower of the Dragons which I have been for 60 years as well.

It is not that we will be wooden spooners this year and hopefully not ever but since 2011 we have copped it bad. 2015 and 2018 were our best years but overall dismal results as seen as follows:-
2012 - 9th
2013 - 14th
2014 - 11th
2015 - 8th
2016 - 11th
2017 - 9th
2018 - 7th
2019 - 15th
2020 - 12th
2021 - currently 8th but looking likely to be 11th by seasons end.

Not a good picture at all and all those consecutive years in the 50's, 60's and a few in the 70's that we were in the top 4 have disappeared from my memory bank.

I wonder if the BOD's can see this same picture and be saying "it is so hard following the Dragons now, we think we might step down".

Mjab

Juniors
Speaking of..who is our next coach?
Bellamy quits coaching after 2022.
Anyone tickle your fancy who will be available
Bellamy , or if fact no decent experienced coach will want to touch us as usual
im not too negative re Hook yet
I hope they make. A decision 1/3 to a half way thru next season
if we are going well a 1 year extension only
a lot more work to do

if things are shit 1/2 way thru next year he has to go
no need to worry that he will be pinched
I hope we don’t do anything stupid and resign for years like Mary
that was true stupidity

it is t easy to make it
O’Brien , Seibold Walters even Payton struggling

I guess Ciraldo next on the list looking to prove himself and we might be able to pinch a few panthers at least

Mjab

Juniors
It is getting very hard to be a follower of the Dragons which I have been for 60 years as well.

It is not that we will be wooden spooners this year and hopefully not ever but since 2011 we have copped it bad. 2015 and 2018 were our best years but overall dismal results as seen as follows:-
2012 - 9th
2013 - 14th
2014 - 11th
2015 - 8th
2016 - 11th
2017 - 9th
2018 - 7th
2019 - 15th
2020 - 12th
2021 - currently 8th but looking likely to be 11th by seasons end.

Not a good picture at all and all those consecutive years in the 50's, 60's and a few in the 70's that we were in the top 4 have disappeared from my memory bank.

I wonder if the BOD's can see this same picture and be saying "it is so hard following the Dragons now, we think we might step down".
The whole BOD should stand down
a joke for years
self interest to be a director at a once proud club instead of doing the right thing and making smart decisions for the club

thebigredv

First Grade
Bellamy , or if fact no decent experienced coach will want to touch us as usual
im not too negative re Hook yet
I hope they make. A decision 1/3 to a half way thru next season
if we are going well a 1 year extension only
a lot more work to do

if things are shit 1/2 way thru next year he has to go
no need to worry that he will be pinched
I hope we don’t do anything stupid and resign for years like Mary
that was true stupidity

it is t easy to make it
O’Brien , Seibold Walters even Payton struggling

I guess Ciraldo next on the list looking to prove himself and we might be able to pinch a few panthers at least

I honestly feel he will be one of the rare coaches that walk from the club on his own accord. Maybe that's just my seething anger right now. Things would need to change quickly for that not to be a possibility.

We knew things would be hard for Griffin but the playing group have absolutely taken it to the next level. I can't imagine the extra stress they've put him under on top of being a regular first grade coach, at a club with such high expectations of fans.

Either way, we should keep a close eye on big name coaches coming available. It won't be Bellamy or Bennett Maybe the time line for someone like Arthur might fit if Eels can't pull off a premiership. Not sure the Eels are sold on him.

Hook has not been given a fair go in any sense of the phrase. His teams do show effort a really good chunk of the time. Hard to get a good read when he's had suspensions/injuries galore to contend with all year. I am happy if he can turn it around next year and stay on longer.

The "we've had injuries" theory is a myth. Its an excuse by some fans to excuse our coach from the absolute heartless and clueless season we've had on the whole. Other clubs have had it far worse than us. In fact, the majority have. I'd go so far to suggest that if - as per the stats below - other clubs had the same level of injuries as us - that spoon may be a knockin' at our door...

There's other factors for which Griffin can be given a hall-pass. It is his first year. But injuries can't be one of them - and as for suspensions - apart from Ravalawa I can't excuse any of them as well. That's not limited to us either, and it's only hitting us now because of player behaviour - no respect for the coaches wishes. Whether thats on the coach, the players - or both.... it's no excuse.

redv13

Bench
The "we've had injuries" theory is a myth. Its an excuse by some fans to excuse our coach from the absolute heartless and clueless season we've had on the whole. Other clubs have had it far worse than us. In fact, the majority have. I'd go so far to suggest that if - as per the stats below - other clubs had the same level of injuries as us - that spoon may be a knockin' at our door...

There's other factors for which Griffin can be given a hall-pass. It is his first year. But injuries can't be one of them - and as for suspensions - apart from Ravalawa I can't excuse any of them as well. That's not limited to us either, and it's only hitting us now because of player behaviour - no respect for the coaches wishes. Whether thats on the coach, the players - or both.... it's no excuse.

I think you’ll find magic round was not kind to us either. Few harsh long suspensions there too which hurt us for long periods

OneEyedDragon

Juniors

Wow BBJF, you are the undisputed king of the Negative ONLY thread!

I think you’ll find magic round was not kind to us either. Few harsh long suspensions there too which hurt us for long periods

Yeah Magic round was a nightmare for us. It was also where I was put off Rugby League by Peter Vlandys' tyranny. We actually did ok against the Storm considering.... only that and the Eels games were the two games I was happy with the performance (whoops - negative thread!).

That said - Fuimaono was deserved. Mcguires "high tackle" wasn't, the "hip-drop" debatable IMO. Sims copped a ban too?

Since then - suspensions have been mostly of our own doing. Although until the most recent ones (aside from the "BBQ").... our club hasn't had the gumption to challenge many/any of them.

Mojo

Bench
I was born in Kogarah hospital in 1957. Saint George Rugby League is in my blood. I watched the legends play almost every weekend as a kid. I bought my first footy from Norm Provan himself. I went to school with Robert Stone. I just watched Vossy‘s interview of Slippery Morris. What I always believed was unique about the Dragons was the culture, the ’heart’ of the game. I don’t want to knock any of the current players; I just want ‘the belief’ to come back. We’re are a great sports club; we’re a culture. Play with heart and real belief in what this club stands for boys. That’s what it’s all about!

Trifili13

Juniors
The NRL has had 3 JVs/mergers and they have not worked. Manly/Bears an utter failure and no longer exists. The Dragons/Steelers and Tigers/Wests was sold to their supporters that they would become super clubs with large junior nurseries, but guess what, neither can attract a decent player without mortgaging the leagues club. Pretty depressing for the traditional supporters of the Dragons, Tigers and Magpies. I exclude the Steelers supporters as they are use to failure with, correct me if I am wrong, 1 semi finals campaign in 16 or 17 years when they were stand alone in the comp.

Can’t believe some of you blokes are still watching our games.

Masochists.

Not even lockdown could convince me to watch this dogshit team.

I haven’t watched an nrl game at all in the last 6 rounds. Vlandys n rule rule change regime pissed me off so much I had to stop watching for my own sanity….

I also stopped watching all league shows, apart from the odd Matt Johns interview, and “The fan” - the only show without BS agendas and media types bleating like sheep stuck in a fence..

Then there’s the Dragons form. I simply couldn’t watch something I’ve loved all my life being strangled. They are a carcass of their former selves…. Mediocrity in results and attitude, a result of self-righteousness and entitlement from many within the club.

Turning off league has been tough, but I feel better for it. I keep tabs on the scores - mainly in hope that the landslides and blowouts will stop, and the Dragons will somehow get out of this gargantuan hole they’ve dug for themselves.

I come into the forums because it still gives me ties to something I still love, league and the dragons. Others will best comment on individual games and performances, insights etc. But sadly I don’t need to see games to know it’s still very ugly out on the field and in the boardroom.

Changing coaches has just been like Miss Piggy putting on new lipstick.

Latest posts