What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Negative ONLY thread

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Can’t believe some of you blokes are still watching our games.

Masochists.

Not even lockdown could convince me to watch this dogshit team.
Yep sadly have to agree......Ive been a one eyed loyal supporter of this club for over 60 years but havnt watched a game for 3 weeks now....Ive taken into consideration the disastrous Mary years, our new coach, injuries, suspensions, bbqgate and the aquisition of used by date X Bronco players but just cant keep beating myself up and hoping and searching for some glimmer of hope going forward............when you choose to watch synchronised swimmer at the Tokyo Olympics instead of our boys on the paddock its time to put the cue in the rack

Dragon David

First Grade
Yep sadly have to agree......Ive been a one eyed loyal supporter of this club for over 60 years but havnt watched a game for 3 weeks now....Ive taken into consideration the disastrous Mary years, our new coach, injuries, suspensions, bbqgate and the aquisition of used by date X Bronco players but just cant keep beating myself up and hoping and searching for some glimmer of hope going forward............when you choose to watch synchronised swimmer at the Tokyo Olympics instead of our boys on the paddock its time to put the cue in the rack
I was thinking about what will follow the footy and thought the Negative Thread would be the thread to post what I was thinking and saw your post BSE. Things must be bad for you to take a peek at the synchro swimmers at the games instead of seeing how your beloved Dragons were doing. Our performances have been woeful and if our guys were the synchro swimmers instead of floating in the water with ease, they would be sinking to the bottom which is pretty close to where we will end up when the comp is over.

My thoughts have turned to what normally follows league in the summer and that is the cricket. Our cricket team is at its lowest ebb. Getting thrashed by Bangladesh in the T20 and the T20 World Cup is only 2 months away. We then have the Ashes against the Poms so I'm really hoping that our players get their act together by then even though the T20 is nothing like the tests.

Keep well.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I was thinking about what will follow the footy and thought the Negative Thread would be the thread to post what I was thinking and saw your post BSE. Things must be bad for you to take a peek at the synchro swimmers at the games instead of seeing how your beloved Dragons were doing. Our performances have been woeful and if our guys were the synchro swimmers instead of floating in the water with ease, they would be sinking to the bottom which is pretty close to where we will end up when the comp is over.

My thoughts have turned to what normally follows league in the summer and that is the cricket. Our cricket team is at its lowest ebb. Getting thrashed by Bangladesh in the T20 and the T20 World Cup is only 2 months away. We then have the Ashes against the Poms so I'm really hoping that our players get their act together by then even though the T20 is nothing like the tests.

Keep well.
Thanks David...hope your travelling ok mate....Im a purist when it comes to test cricket having coached at a fairly high level for years....the hit and giggle format is ok at times but theres nothing like a good game of chess over 5 days (not that to many go the distance ) will be interesting to see if Ben Stokes makes himself available soon...heres hoping our Dragons can at least resemble a competitive outfit next year and return us to some of our glory days

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Thanks David...hope your travelling ok mate....Im a purist when it comes to test cricket having coached at a fairtly high level for years....the hit and giggle format is ok at times but theres nothing like a good game of chess over 5 days (not that to many go the distance ) will be interesting to see if Ben Stokes makes himself available soon...heres hoping our Dragons can at least resemble a competitive outfit next year and return us to some of our glory days
Yeah! C'mon Aussies, c'mon, c'mon. C'mon, Aussies, c'mon. I'd like to see the Poms with all of their top players playing against us including Stokes 'cause when we beat them they will have no excuse. Cricket tests against the Poms are the best. My wife is from England but luckily she couldn't give two hoots about cricket. I'm still trying to get her to follow the Dragons after 30 years of togetherness but she has seen the uglier side of me too much when we lose.

I'm like a lot of us, locked down and cannot exceed the 5km limit in the LGA. It is tough for many and I hope that this cursed COVID thing would disappear forever.

Next year our club will do better, by how much depends on the players themselves giving it their all in every game they play.

Cheers.

Keep well.
If the Ashes go ahead….

If they don’t… it’ll be my Annus Horibillis. I’ve boycotted watching footy for the first time ever…

But I love watching cricket…. Except the BBL. with no ashes to watch I might be forced to spend more time with my missus over summer…

mickeylane

Bench
You know how bad our season is going when the opposition coach doesn't rate a win against us ...see Madge Mcguires halftime speech when his team is being smashed by the Cowboys...this aired during the recent episode of "Tales at Tiger Town'

When are you guys going to turn up week in week out and stop f***ing patting yourselves on the back? Because that’s what goes on in this place.

The Tigers are somehow still in the finals hunt after a disappointing season. (Photo by Albert Perez/Getty Images)

“And f*** me, we won a f***ing game against St George. They’re f***ing down the bottom of the ladder too."

Yep!! laughing stock we are...even among fellow losers...

redv13

Bench
You know how bad our season is going when the opposition coach doesn't rate a win against us ...see Madge Mcguires halftime speech when his team is being smashed by the Cowboys...this aired during the recent episode of "Tales at Tiger Town'

When are you guys going to turn up week in week out and stop f***ing patting yourselves on the back? Because that’s what goes on in this place.

The Tigers are somehow still in the finals hunt after a disappointing season. (Photo by Albert Perez/Getty Images)

“And f*** me, we won a f***ing game against St George. They’re f***ing down the bottom of the ladder too."

Yep!! laughing stock we are...even among fellow losers...
Relax mate. Only 6 teams have a better than 50% win ratio this year. That says it all

Dragon David

First Grade
If the Ashes go ahead….

If they don’t… it’ll be my Annus Horibillis. I’ve boycotted watching footy for the first time ever…

But I love watching cricket…. Except the BBL. with no ashes to watch I might be forced to spend more time with my missus over summer…
LOL. Lets hope the cricket is played. I like to see our women doing well too mainly because I like a team that wins and they do win mostly.

Crush

Coach

Keep well.
Mate, cannot wait for the cricket season!
And the Ashes at that!
I love test match but also enjoy the BBL in patches. Cook a BBQ, couple of beers, turn on the BBL.
My ideal day in Summer is watching every ball of the test match, having some dinner then watching a game of BBL.
Unfortunately wife and kids don’t allow that too often but that is my paradise.
I really hope poms are at full strength, love to see Stokes play.
Aussie selection panel usually get the team wrong, they’ll find a spot for Burns no doubt (Burns is my Corey Norman). The Jubilee Avenue forum have a cricket thread pinned to the top which is good for a rant, I’ll be there!

Dragon David

First Grade
Mate, cannot wait for the cricket season!
And the Ashes at that!
I love test match but also enjoy the BBL in patches. Cook a BBQ, couple of beers, turn on the BBL.
My ideal day in Summer is watching every ball of the test match, having some dinner then watching a game of BBL.
Unfortunately wife and kids don’t allow that too often but that is my paradise.
I really hope poms are at full strength, love to see Stokes play.
Aussie selection panel usually get the team wrong, they’ll find a spot for Burns no doubt (Burns is my Corey Norman). The Jubilee Avenue forum have a cricket thread pinned to the top which is good for a rant, I’ll be there!
Yes mate, summertime in Australia you just cannot beat, although I must say that the many countries I have stayed at and visited are also great in summer but Australia in the summer has cricket. Well England has this of course and I did manage to go to Lords to see our greats play in their summer of 2001 and we won that 2nd test easily.

All forms of cricket is great especially if your state, country, team are doing well. Even local park cricket can be entertaining.

It is all part of our culture and helps with relaxation and as you say Crush, put some meat on the bbq, have a few tinnies and even listening to it on the tranny at the side of the pool or even at the beach and forgetting about the Dragons for a few months.

I must look at that cricket thread, thanks Crush.

Dragon David

First Grade
We are a team that stuff things up quite a lot and shoot ourselves in the foot many times by making error after error. We could win more than we lose if we didn't stuff things up.

There are other teams who stuff things up as well and I saw the Broncos do it tonight against the Roosters. Leading by a point with just under 2 minutes to go and there #8 hits the edge forward slightly in the face and the Roosters get a penalty which is kicked right over the black dot to give the Roosters a win by a point and got them out of jail.

Heart attack teams don't win games.

Coffs dragon

Bench
The double whammy of BBQ gate and Corey Norman has given me no desire to watch the Dragons unfold in 2021.

We seem to be a club that just make up the numbers. Every year it’s like we take 1 step forward then 2 steps backwards.
Our recruitment is diabolical, worthy of bottom dweller scraps and is the major priority to fix… Goodbye Millward!

Just sat through 90 minutes of my Arsenal doing what my Dragons do - not very f***ing much to get excited about. They lost to newly-promoted Brentford on day 1 of the new Premier League season and, even though it's early days, I wouldn't be surprised to see them relegated. And their issues are the same as those of the Dragons - poor recruitment, inept coaching, baffling team selections and a boardroom full of self-interested fat-cats with their snouts in the trough, oblivious to the chaos going on around them.
I think it's best that I don't watch my other Saints tonight - they need a win to be a chance of making the eight, but are up against the Cats who they haven't beaten in 22 meetings.
I'm looking forward to the Ashes series - if it happens - and viewing the Wanderers next A-League campaign with cautious optimism.
F***ing Arsenal, though...

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The double whammy of BBQ gate and Corey Norman has given me no desire to watch the Dragons unfold in 2021.

We seem to be a club that just make up the numbers. Every year it’s like we take 1 step forward then 2 steps backwards.
Our recruitment is diabolical, worthy of bottom dweller scraps and is the major priority to fix… Goodbye Millward!
I’ll watch if a future looking side is picked but otherwise I’m not interested. Certainly not interested in Bird at 1.

Dragon David

First Grade
Just sat through 90 minutes of my Arsenal doing what my Dragons do - not very f***ing much to get excited about. They lost to newly-promoted Brentford on day 1 of the new Premier League season and, even though it's early days, I wouldn't be surprised to see them relegated. And their issues are the same as those of the Dragons - poor recruitment, inept coaching, baffling team selections and a boardroom full of self-interested fat-cats with their snouts in the trough, oblivious to the chaos going on around them.
I think it's best that I don't watch my other Saints tonight - they need a win to be a chance of making the eight, but are up against the Cats who they haven't beaten in 22 meetings.
I'm looking forward to the Ashes series - if it happens - and viewing the Wanderers next A-League campaign with cautious optimism.
F***ing Arsenal, though...
While your Arsenal team and your other Saints team are not doing what you would like them to and that is win, win. win, it's good that you are interested in other sports besides watching our beloved no wins Dragons. Sports in general are great. They have been part of our lives for decades. I couldn't live without it.

While your Arsenal team and your other Saints team are not doing what you would like them to and that is win, win. win, it's good that you are interested in other sports besides watching our beloved no wins Dragons. Sports in general are great. They have been part of our lives for decades. I couldn't live without it.
As predicted, St Kilda chose the final quarter of a match they absolutely HAD to win to play the stinkiest 20 minutes of football I've seen from them in weeks. What a great 24 hours in football it has been for me. A reverse trifecta.

thebigredv

First Grade
As predicted, St Kilda chose the final quarter of a match they absolutely HAD to win to play the stinkiest 20 minutes of football I've seen from them in weeks. What a great 24 hours in football it has been for me. A reverse trifecta.

Another Saints fan here 😭
Thought the footy gods had finally shown mercy on us 15 mins into that one, 5 goals up. Not to be. Not much joy for us.

Guess I'll go watch the lawn bowls now. 'C'mon Berryl!'.

Dragon David

First Grade
Another Saints fan here 😭
Thought the footy gods had finally shown mercy on us 15 mins into that one, 5 goals up. Not to be. Not much joy for us.

Guess I'll go watch the lawn bowls now. 'C'mon Berryl!'.
You guys should go out and buy lotto or powerball. You just might be lucky enough to jag a first prize win.

Latest posts