What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Negative ONLY thread

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I liked how former Dragons Jacob Host, Hame Sele and Tarne Milne played against the Broncos last night. Yes I know, there are many players that can stand out when they play against the Broncos, but Host and Sele looked good running the ball and doing the hard stuff. We let quite a few players go who might have been great for us with the new rules.

Alvaro, Lawrie, Kerr and some others don't appear to be keeping up with the pace. They generally look exhausted and lack any penetration. They need to improve their stamina for sure.
I always rated Host.

Old Timer

Coach
How dare Garrick, Saab, Host and Sele play good football.

They were deemed by many a Dragons faithful to be absolute shit and they were given the 2 fingered salute when they left.

So it just outrageous what they are doing considering all that Mc Fookknuckle taught and instilled in them and for them to discard all that so quickly is just piss poor on their part.

Hasler and Bennett have got NFI.

Crush

Coach
How dare Garrick, Saab, Host and Sele play good football.

They were deemed by many a Dragons faithful to be absolute shit and they were given the 2 fingered salute when they left.

So it just outrageous what they are doing considering all that Mc Fookknuckle taught and instilled in them and for them to discard all that so quickly is just piss poor on their part.

Hasler and Bennett have got NFI.
To be fair nobody wanted to lose Saab, we tried to keep him but he wanted to leave.
Garrick couldn’t crack firsts and left and has gone onto be a good first grader, good on him. Host and Sele go OK but they aren’t elite are they? They were OK with us and now in a way better team so they are enjoying their footy but I don’t think they are getting selected for origin in their careers are they?
Other juniors have been let go, guys like Jai Field, not sure where he is now but never set the world on fire.
We also let rep players go like Josh Dugan, he’s been a terrible signing for Sharks.
Frizzell left us to win a comp with Knights, not sure he’s better off with them.
Mann continues to be a utility player and has never nailed down a position, many were critical of dragons for shifting him around so much, now he’s doing the same thing at a different club.
Not sure what my point is, rambling a bit but I guess players are going to move around these days and you’ll win some and lose some.

Belta

Juniors
Not downplaying Garrick’s achievements (great to see a local Gerringong boy doing well) but he is benefiting from being in a really talented backline. I reckon our wingers would also of scored those tries.

SBD82

Coach
To be fair nobody wanted to lose Saab, we tried to keep him but he wanted to leave.
Garrick couldn’t crack firsts and left and has gone onto be a good first grader, good on him. Host and Sele go OK but they aren’t elite are they? They were OK with us and now in a way better team so they are enjoying their footy but I don’t think they are getting selected for origin in their careers are they?
Other juniors have been let go, guys like Jai Field, not sure where he is now but never set the world on fire.
We also let rep players go like Josh Dugan, he’s been a terrible signing for Sharks.
Frizzell left us to win a comp with Knights, not sure he’s better off with them.
Mann continues to be a utility player and has never nailed down a position, many were critical of dragons for shifting him around so much, now he’s doing the same thing at a different club.
Not sure what my point is, rambling a bit but I guess players are going to move around these days and you’ll win some and lose some.
They’re all shit.

thebigredv

First Grade
Add the judiciary woes to the stand down policy and it just feels all too coincidental not to be a concentrated effort to unsettle the Dragons.

Crush

Coach
When we signed Gerard Beale everyone said he'd only play if absolutely necessary. He'd more likely be mentoring the boys in reserve grade.
Has he missed one NRL game since signing?
Mat Fegai is available this week isn't he?
Jordan Pereria is available this week isn't he?
Tyrel Sloan is available this week isn't he?

FFS

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
When we signed Gerard Beale everyone said he'd only play if absolutely necessary. He'd more likely be mentoring the boys in reserve grade.

FFS
Worst thing is with cup off currently they don’t have a chance to play their way into the side.

This Year?

Immortal

FFS
He's shit too.
Inb4 @SBD82

Crush

Coach
Worst thing is with cup off currently they don’t have a chance to play their way into the side.
I have changed my tune on Dufty. Why does he get a walk up start at fullback after his last performance against the dogs? Why does Tyrel Sloan lose his spot after a solid debut full of energy and enthusiasm in very difficult conditions?

How do players like Reece Walsh just pop up at 18 years old? I mean Warriors have RTS who is a more solid fullback but they accomodate Walsh with an eye to the future.

This week~
Dufty out Sloan in
Williame out Fegai in
Beale out Pereria in

Coming weeks, Norman out Sullivan/Amone in.

Look to the future, no more Norman, Dufty, Williame, Beale.
Those guys shouldn’t be playing NRL by round 20.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I have changed my tune on Dufty. Why does he get a walk up start at fullback after his last performance against the dogs? Why does Tyrel Sloan lose his spot after a solid debut full of energy and enthusiasm in very difficult conditions?

How do players like Reece Walsh just pop up at 18 years old? I mean Warriors have RTS who is a more solid fullback but they accomodate Walsh with an eye to the future.

This week~
Dufty out Sloan in
Williame out Fegai in
Beale out Pereria in

Coming weeks, Norman out Sullivan/Amone in.

Look to the future, no more Norman, Dufty, Williame, Beale.
Those guys shouldn’t be playing NRL by round 20.
I sort of agree, sort of disagree. The one decision I’m upset about is Beale. He’s been solid but being solid is not enough to be a pathway blocker imo. He’s not a future player, he’s no longer fast, he doesn’t have the tackle busting, meter eating abilities of JP even. Why is he being picked? The other positions I’m ok with until we are out of the race. If we are out of the race and still picking these players that will piss me off. I just hope Hook thinks Beale has a point to prove vs NZ, he helps us to a win and then is never seen in fg again unless injury strikes.